none
MPSyncJob "Not Started" but appears to be running RRS feed

• Question

• Hello All,

I just updated our SCSM 2012 R2 system to UR-14.  Everything appeared to go well.  Now after a few days, I've decided to begin looking to upgrade it to 2016.  While browsing through the Data Warehouse jobs, I noticed that the MPSyncJob is showing "Not Started" under the Status heading.  When I click on it, I see in the pane below that it's showing "Not Started" also, BUT the Job Progress bar graph is showing (268/268) instead of (0/268).  None of the other jobs are doing this.  Is this an indicator that something isn't finishing properly?  I've learned, by being burned, that SCSM doesn't always speak the truth when saying something "completed successfully".  Can anyone shed some light on this for me?  I don't want to continue if this will cause a problem during an upgrade.

ThanksScreenshot of problem described in text.

Monday, April 22, 2019 2:15 PM

All replies

• Hello,

I think this is not a problem since I also have the same status as you, and everything is working fine. If you want, you can check a bit more in detail. With below commands you can check status of MPSyncJob modules and a few last MPSyncJob jobs. If they are the same as in the image below, you should be fine. You can also check MP Deployment status if everything is in Completed state. 

I would wait for a few days and check if incidents are loading into DW and also that cubes are being processed. If everything checks out, then I would start with the upgrade.

Regards,

Tuesday, April 23, 2019 12:11 PM