Assign shared folder for WSUS content RRS feed

• Question

• after installing SCCM 2016 and WSUS I assigned shared path for wsus content because I don't have enough space on the local server, but I keep get this errors:

- Content file download failed.
    Reason: Error calling [kernel32.dll]:CreateDirectory(Z:\WSUS\WsusContent\09)
    Source File: 
    Destination File:

The WSUS content directory is not accessible.
    System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'Y:\WsusContent\anonymousCheckFile.txt'.
       at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
       at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
       at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
       at System.IO.FileInfo.Open(FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
       at Microsoft.UpdateServices.Internal.HealthMonitoring.HmtWebServices.CheckContentDirWebAccess(EventLoggingType type, HealthEventLogger logger)

every thing else is going fine with SCCM

I give this permission for the shared path (attachment)

Thursday, November 28, 2019 8:23 AM

All replies

• Hi,

I recommend you try to add the computer account with the Full control permission to this share folder.

If still cannot work, then add the everyone with Full control permission for test. 

>>System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path Y:\WsusContent\anonymousCheckFile.txt'.

Please check C:\WSUS\WsusContent, check if the file "anonymousCheckFile.txt" is there, if not, please cope one from working WSUS, or create it manually, check if it could work.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, December 4, 2019 9:14 AM