Problem with Active Directory Import Delta RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am facing Problem with the Active Directory Import Delta.

It is showing the error as "stopped-connectivity" and it skips the Import Delta run.

when i perform the Sync-Full, Export its working perfectly but Import-Delta is giving the error.

Please help me.

Monday, March 31, 2008 5:19 AM

Answers

• Nothing really comes to mind as to why a Full Import would work but a Delta Import would throw a 'stopped connectivity' error.  However, here are a few general things you should understand about deltas:

• All Reads to AD through the ADMA require delegated access to the AD change log (DirSync) - even the Full Import is invoking DirSync to get you read for a Delta at a later time. If you don't have the "Replicate Directory Changes" at the root of each domain the import will fail.
    • You must have completed a clean and complete Full Import before you can run a Delta. If you have any errors in your Full Import your Delta's will fail.
    • Whenever you add or remove an object type or attribute to/from the inclusion lists you must perform a complete Full Import to refresh the connector space before you can perform a Delta. The same rule goes for schema updates, always follow with a Full Import if you are adding any of the new attributes.

Aside from that, your AD forest has a minimum of three partitions. You are most likely connecting only to the Domain NC, but Run Profiles must specify which partition (Naming Context) to target if you have more than one specified (checked). You may also want to verify that your Delta Import is targeting the correct partition.

Hope that helps!

Monday, March 31, 2008 6:13 AM