none
DPM server is not available. RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, 

Im monitoring DPM 2012 sp1 with SCOM 2007 R2. My problem is that the MP discover succesfully my two DPM servers but only bring me one alert:

DPM: DPM server is not available.

This alert doesnt have anything usefull in the description to see the error.

I go to eventvwr of DPM servers to see error in SCOM´s repository and doesnt have errors.

Any ideas?

thanks

Tuesday, July 2, 2013 3:57 PM

Answers

All replies

• I have a feeling this is a DCOM issue.

Could you please provide any relevant information found within the logs on the SCOM server?

In the meantime, make sure your firewall isn't blocking the connection. COM+ network access is not enabled by default.

Please ensure that the following steps have already been done on the DPM server.

• Click Start, and then click Run.
    • Type wf.msc, and then click OK. If the User Account Control dialog box appears, confirm that the action it displays is what you want, and then click Continue.
    • In the console tree, click Inbound rules.
    • In the list of firewall exception rules, look for COM+ Network Access (DCOM In).
    • If the firewall exception rule is not enabled, in the details pane click Enable rule, and then scroll horizontally to confirm that the protocol is TCP and the LocalPort is 135. Close Windows Firewall with Advanced Security.

Specified information can be found within the following article:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc774368(v=ws.10).aspx

Tuesday, July 2, 2013 7:20 PM
  • thanks, but doesnt work.

My firewall in my two dpm servers are down. Anyway, i enable the rule too.

any other ideas?

thankss

Wednesday, July 3, 2013 3:14 PM
  • Is remote access enabled for the two DPM servers as well?

Could you please post any events you see within the event log on the SCOM server in relation to the two DPM servers?

Wednesday, July 3, 2013 3:19 PM
  • I dont see any errors in SCOM eventvwr in relation with DPM servers. 

The only error i see it in DPM eventvwr:

The PowerShell script failed with below exception

System.Management.Automation.RuntimeException: The term 'Connect-DPMServer' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or operable program. Check the spelling of the name, or if a path was included, verify that the path is correct and try again.
    At line:52 char:42
    +   $err = $($dpmServer = Connect-DPMServer <<<<  $dpmServerName) 2>&1
       at System.Management.Automation.FlowControlNode.Execute(Array input, Pipe outputPipe, ExecutionContext context)
       at System.Management.Automation.ParseTreeNode.Execute(Array input, Pipe outputPipe, ArrayList& resultList, ExecutionContext context)
       at System.Management.Automation.StatementListNode.ExecuteStatement(ParseTreeNode statement, Array input, Pipe outputPipe, ArrayList& resultList, ExecutionContext context)

Script Name: PSDiscovery.ps1 

One or more workflows were affected by this.  

Workflow name: Microsoft.SystemCenter.DataProtectionManager.2011.Discovery.PSDiscovery 
    Instance name: ARRPEDP01 
    Instance ID: {7A60CB86-98DC-1F71-5F13-811027CC54F1} 
    Management group: OPSMGRNWSN

thanks

Wednesday, July 3, 2013 6:17 PM
  • Ah ok, the only way to monitor these servers is to upgrade to 2012 then.

DPM 2012 only works with SCOM 2012 :(

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh758189

• Marked as answer by exitista Wednesday, July 3, 2013 8:53 PM
    Wednesday, July 3, 2013 6:37 PM