none
scsm 2010 sp1 - exchange connector finished with errors RRS feed

• Question

• I have recently done a fresh install of the SCSM environment as well as exchange 2010. Upon enabling the exchange connector, it says it finishes with errors. I have verified that the email is the same one as the workflow account.

error message from OpsMgr logs:

A Windows Workflow Foundation workflow failed during execution.

Workflow Type: Microsoft.SystemCenter.ExchangeConnector.ProcessEmailsWorkflow

Exception Type: Microsoft.Exchange.WebServices.Data.AutodiscoverLocalException

Exception Message: The Autodiscover service couldn't be located.

I have not found a lot of good information on other forums regarding the Autodiscovery service and how I might get it activated.

In AD under Services Node, I have Servers\ServerName\Protocols\Autodiscover\ServerName yet there are no items in that view. Should there be something there? Any suggestions about how to get the connector to work?

br

Civitas

civitas hall
    Tuesday, January 18, 2011 3:26 PM

Answers

• In the documentation that comes along with the Exchange connector, you can find the following text and link:

"You can learn more about configuring the Exchange AutoDiscover Service and how to troubleshoot it with Outlook here:
    http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/Uncovering-New-Outlook-2007-Discover-Service.html 
    Make sure you are logged into the SCSM management server where the connector runs and that you are logged in as the Workflow Run As Account user to test."

Regards
    //Anders

Anders Asp | Lumagate | www.lumagate.com
    Wednesday, January 19, 2011 10:05 AM
  • Hi Anders,

Ive deployed the exchange connector but I also get the finished with errors response to the status of the connector, I look in the opsmgr logs and can see this error:

Log Name:      Operations Manager
    Source:        Health Service Modules
    Date:          25/01/2011 09:32:13
    Event ID:      33880
    Task Category: None
    Level:         Error
    Keywords:      Classic
    User:          N/A
    Computer:      xxxxxxxxx

Description:

Workflow Identifier: a90e053e-a750-9b07-be9f-d473bb92c28a

Exception Type: Microsoft.Exchange.WebServices.Data.ServiceRequestException

Exception Message: The request failed. The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error.

Exception Stack:    at Microsoft.SystemCenter.ExchangeConnector.ExchangeInbox.ProcessMail()
       at Microsoft.SystemCenter.ExchangeConnector.ProcessEmailsWorkflow.Execute(ActivityExecutionContext executionContext)
       at System.Workflow.ComponentModel.ActivityExecutor`1.Execute(T activity, ActivityExecutionContext executionContext)
       at System.Workflow.ComponentModel.CompositeActivityExecutor`1.Execute(T activity, ActivityExecutionContext executionContext)
       at System.Workflow.ComponentModel.ActivityExecutor`1.Execute(Activity activity, ActivityExecutionContext executionContext)
       at System.Workflow.ComponentModel.ActivityExecutorOperation.Run(IWorkflowCoreRuntime workflowCoreRuntime)
       at System.Workflow.Runtime.Scheduler.Run()
    Event Xml:
    <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
      <System>
        <Provider Name="Health Service Modules" />
        <EventID Qualifiers="49152">33880</EventID>
        <Level>2</Level>
        <Task>0</Task>
        <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
        <TimeCreated SystemTime="2011-01-25T09:32:13.000000000Z" />
        <EventRecordID>132449</EventRecordID>
        <Channel>Operations Manager</Channel>
        <Computer>computername</Computer>
        <Security />
      </System>
      <EventData>
        <Data>Microsoft.SystemCenter.ExchangeConnector.ProcessEmailsWorkflow</Data>
        <Data>a90e053e-a750-9b07-be9f-d473bb92c28a</Data>
        <Data>Microsoft.Exchange.WebServices.Data.ServiceRequestException</Data>
        <Data>The request failed. The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error.</Data>
        <Data>   at Microsoft.SystemCenter.ExchangeConnector.ExchangeInbox.ProcessMail()
       at Microsoft.SystemCenter.ExchangeConnector.ProcessEmailsWorkflow.Execute(ActivityExecutionContext executionContext)
       at System.Workflow.ComponentModel.ActivityExecutor`1.Execute(T activity, ActivityExecutionContext executionContext)
       at System.Workflow.ComponentModel.CompositeActivityExecutor`1.Execute(T activity, ActivityExecutionContext executionContext)
       at System.Workflow.ComponentModel.ActivityExecutor`1.Execute(Activity activity, ActivityExecutionContext executionContext)
       at System.Workflow.ComponentModel.ActivityExecutorOperation.Run(IWorkflowCoreRuntime workflowCoreRuntime)
       at System.Workflow.Runtime.Scheduler.Run()</Data>
      </EventData>
    </Event>

Any clues??

Thanks

Amarpal

Amarpal Attwal IT Consultant | Venture 1 Consulting

Sorted! Autodiscover was playing up just restarted IIS on exchange server everything is good now. 

p.s. Im loving the solution its great! 

Tuesday, January 25, 2011 9:38 AM

All replies

• In the documentation that comes along with the Exchange connector, you can find the following text and link:

"You can learn more about configuring the Exchange AutoDiscover Service and how to troubleshoot it with Outlook here:
    http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/Uncovering-New-Outlook-2007-Discover-Service.html 
    Make sure you are logged into the SCSM management server where the connector runs and that you are logged in as the Workflow Run As Account user to test."

Regards
    //Anders

Anders Asp | Lumagate | www.lumagate.com
    Wednesday, January 19, 2011 10:05 AM
  • Hi Anders,

Ive deployed the exchange connector but I also get the finished with errors response to the status of the connector, I look in the opsmgr logs and can see this error:

Log Name:      Operations Manager
    Source:        Health Service Modules
    Date:          25/01/2011 09:32:13
    Event ID:      33880
    Level:         Error
    Keywords:      Classic
    User:          N/A
    Computer:      xxxxxxxxx

Description:

Workflow Identifier: a90e053e-a750-9b07-be9f-d473bb92c28a

Exception Type: Microsoft.Exchange.WebServices.Data.ServiceRequestException

Exception Message: The request failed. The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error.

Exception Stack:    at Microsoft.SystemCenter.ExchangeConnector.ExchangeInbox.ProcessMail()
    Event Xml:
    <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
      <System>
        <Level>2</Level>
        <Task>0</Task>
        <TimeCreated SystemTime="2011-01-25T09:32:13.000000000Z" />
        <EventRecordID>132449</EventRecordID>
        <Computer>computername</Computer>
        <Security />
      </System>
      <EventData>
        <Data>a90e053e-a750-9b07-be9f-d473bb92c28a</Data>
        <Data>Microsoft.Exchange.WebServices.Data.ServiceRequestException</Data>
        <Data>The request failed. The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error.</Data>
        <Data>   at Microsoft.SystemCenter.ExchangeConnector.ExchangeInbox.ProcessMail()
      </EventData>
    </Event>

Any clues??

Thanks

Amarpal

Amarpal Attwal IT Consultant | Venture 1 Consulting

Sorted! Autodiscover was playing up just restarted IIS on exchange server everything is good now. 

p.s. Im loving the solution its great! 

Tuesday, January 25, 2011 9:38 AM
  • I Have the same Error with Event ID 33880 and I find no way of getting rid of it.

I have done a test-installation of scsm sp1 for 3 times. All of them were  installed on VM's.

Each installation has 3 VM's:

1. SCSM SP1 Management Server

2. SCSM SP1 DW Server

3. SCSM SP1 Self Service Portal

I installed the exchange connectoer every time and creating incidents worked perfect. When I installed the Sendmail funktionallity it stops working giving the Event ID 33880.

upto now I have tried this solutions without any positive effect:

I would be greatful if someone can help me to solve tis problem.

Regards

Rohan

Saturday, March 19, 2011 11:14 AM
  • Hi All,

I have configured Exchange connector it worked for sometime, next day when i check that i got the same issue as you guys mentioned. here is the log.  

is the issue resolved for anyone ..? please guide me.. i have followed the below mentioned blog but still no luck 

http://www.systemcenterblog.nl/2011/01/17/scsm-2010-sp1-exchange-connector-a-first-look/

Log Name: Operations Manager
    Source: Health Service Modules
    Date: 6/13/2011 3:26:00 AM
    Event ID: 33880
    Level: Error
    Keywords: Classic
    User: N/A
    Computer: HSV-SCSM.Virtusa.com
    Description:
    Workflow Identifier: 8469451d-037d-76a4-7c41-e6b4b0451013
    Exception Type: System.NullReferenceException
    Exception Message: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    Exception Stack: at Microsoft.SystemCenter.ExchangeConnector.ExchangeInbox.ProcessMail()
    Event Xml:
    <System>
    <Level>2</Level>
    <Task>0</Task>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2011-06-12T21:56:00.000000000Z" />
    <EventRecordID>861325</EventRecordID>
    <Computer>HSV-SCSM.Virtusa.com</Computer>
    <Security />
    </System>
    <EventData>
    <Data>8469451d-037d-76a4-7c41-e6b4b0451013</Data>
    <Data>System.NullReferenceException</Data>
    <Data>Object reference not set to an instance of an object.</Data>
    <Data> at Microsoft.SystemCenter.ExchangeConnector.ExchangeInbox.ProcessMail()
    </EventData>
    </Event>

Krishna
    Monday, June 13, 2011 7:38 AM
  • Krishna

If you had it working and it stopped all of a sudden, then my guess is that you have an email in the connector mailbox that it cannot process. Try moving the emails to a different folder and see if the connector starts working again.

Regards
    //Anders

Anders Asp | Lumagate | www.lumagate.com | Sweden | My blog: www.scsm.se
    Monday, June 13, 2011 7:42 AM
  • Hi Anders,

thank you so much, after removing all the emails from mailbox, exchange connector started working. is there anyway to know what type of emails it's blocking..?

thank you so much.

Regards,
    krishna  

Krishna
    Monday, June 13, 2011 11:09 AM
  • Could be anything really. Try to isolate which message that cause the issue and try to see what specific for just that message.

- Attachements?
    - Sender?
    - Strange formatting?
    - Foreign characters?
    etc.

Regards
    //Anders

Anders Asp | Lumagate | www.lumagate.com | Sweden | My blog: www.scsm.se
    Monday, June 13, 2011 11:12 AM