none
Export data to active directory RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We have SCSM 2012 SP1. We use AD connectors to import CIs from AD into SCSM. Is there any way to export changes made to attributes in CIs back into AD? I.E. if a servicedesk user updates the Office attribute in the SCSM console, is it possible to setup some kind of sync. back into the user object in AD?

Thursday, September 12, 2013 6:40 AM

Answers

• SM does not have two ways sync between CMDB & AD, it's only one way sync from AD to SM. however you can achieve what you want if you've got Orchestrator in place by creating a Runbook which triggered when User CI is updated. Then the RB matches if Office in SM is different than Office in AD before changing it in AD.
    • Marked as answer by i686 Thursday, September 12, 2013 9:13 AM
    Thursday, September 12, 2013 8:25 AM
  • another way of doing it in Orchestrator (AD OIP is required):

• MOnitor Activity (sama as before)
    • Get User
    • Update User

see the below screenshots

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Marked as answer by i686 Thursday, September 12, 2013 1:53 PM
    Thursday, September 12, 2013 11:45 AM

All replies

• SM does not have two ways sync between CMDB & AD, it's only one way sync from AD to SM. however you can achieve what you want if you've got Orchestrator in place by creating a Runbook which triggered when User CI is updated. Then the RB matches if Office in SM is different than Office in AD before changing it in AD.
    • Marked as answer by i686 Thursday, September 12, 2013 9:13 AM
    Thursday, September 12, 2013 8:25 AM
  • Hi,

Thanks. Could you elaborate on how to set this up?

Thursday, September 12, 2013 9:14 AM
  • for example, the Runbook can be (see below):

• first Activity: "Monitor Object" with class equals "Active Directory User" / Trigger = Update
    • second activity: Run. Net Script (e.g. PowerShell), get the "Username" & the related "Office" from the Monitor Object. let the PS script gets the username from AD, then compare the Office value of CI with AD before sync it.

Thursday, September 12, 2013 11:33 AM
  • another way of doing it in Orchestrator (AD OIP is required):

• MOnitor Activity (sama as before)
    • Get User
    • Update User

see the below screenshots

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Marked as answer by i686 Thursday, September 12, 2013 1:53 PM
    Thursday, September 12, 2013 11:45 AM
  • here you are another trcik

Creating an AD “Connector” to Update AD when the Service Manager CMDB is Updated Using PowerShell and Workflow

http://blogs.technet.com/b/servicemanager/archive/2010/10/07/creating-an-ad-connector-to-update-ad-when-the-service-manager-cmdb-is-updated-using-powershell-and-workflow.aspx

Mohamed Fawzi | http://fawzi.wordpress.com

Friday, September 27, 2013 10:18 PM