none
Upgrading current VMM 2012R2 to 2016....with AppCenter gone...how do we setup Azure Pack to take over self service portal? RRS feed

• Question

• I barely got my 2012R2 VMM operations going.....now I am trying to upgrade to 2016.

I am asking what is the minimal components I need to install to get regular VMM functionality (VM management, templates, shared library, etc.) and to get the self-service portal working, so users can see, reboot, RDP, shutdown, power on their VMs.

I thought I needed to install SC Services Manager, VMM, and Azure Pack....I also upgraded SQL from 2012R2 (I think came with System Center 2012R2), to 2016....as I saw that SC2016 was compatible with SQL2016...but there were still some prerequisites like CLR types, and SQL 2014 command line (I think this is for multiple language support),  have to install the ADK for Win10 (although in the popup complaint about it, it calls it ADK for Server 2016), there were several SQL add-ons that are required, and had to be individually downloaded (why aren't these things part of options that come on the ISO?).

The azure pack is installed, but now it is showing I need to go through a setup. When I select 'create an item' (I only have a VM Cloud and that is basically all I will have in this environment.) It says "Register your System Center Service Provider Foundation Endpoint" (I have no idea what that is)

I saw a walk through of how to set Azure Pack up for VMM 2012R2 but something doesn't seem quite the same for me in 2016.

Help is appreciated.

Thursday, January 26, 2017 2:05 AM