none
Site Recovery RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

We are thinking to setup Site Recovery for our on-premises Hyper-V server to Azure. I have read some documentation and the setup looks straight forward.

We already have a vm in Azure for the replication of a database (not SQL). This is done over s2s VPN. This vm has a subnet of 10.0.0.0/24.

The next step would be to setup Site Recovery for several other vm's. We also need to retain the on-premises subnet. I believe I can failover in Azure to a subnet that I will create (same subnet as the on-premises subnet).

The situation is then that the database vm is in subnet A and the other vm's are failed over to Subnet B.

Is it possible to connect the database VM in subnet A from the failedover subnet B? Is this don by a vNet to vNet connection?

Thanks in Advance

• Edited by R-VM Saturday, August 18, 2018 10:24 AM
    Saturday, August 18, 2018 10:22 AM

All replies

• A common scenario is to have different subnets for front-end and back-end connectivity. You can associate multiple NICs on a VM to multiple subnets, but those subnets must all reside in the same virtual network (vNet). 

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/virtual-machines/windows/multiple-nics  

If the subnet connectivity between different Vnet s, you can go with VNet- to-Vnet connectivity. Vnet peering is good option to achieve this scenario.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If this answer was helpful, click “Mark as Answer” or Up-Vote. To provide additional feedback on your forum experience, click here

• Proposed as answer by Sandeep BR Saturday, August 18, 2018 2:45 PM
    Saturday, August 18, 2018 2:45 PM
  • Checking in to see if the above answer helped your question. Let me know if there are still any additional issues I can help with.

Tuesday, August 21, 2018 4:16 PM