Remove RD Connection Broker High Availability RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Folks ,

For some reason we need to disable/remove connections Broker high availability feature from RDS 2012 . I am able to remove 2nd RD Connection broker Server from RDS management but still RD connection broker is in (High Availability Mode) .

Please guide me that how to remove connection broker high Availability

Thursday, April 11, 2013 1:14 PM

Answers

• Hi,

At Pressent there is no way to restore a HA back to default. You would need to decommission you configuration and reinstall and configure all roles. When you remove connection brokers, you remove the database that holds all the information. Even if you removed the RDS Connection brokers manually using remove roles and features wizard you would need to run the installation wizard again as your configuration would have been removed when you uninstalled the connection brokers.

Best Regards,

• Proposed as answer by Ryan Mangan Monday, April 15, 2013 2:17 PM
    • Marked as answer by Clarence Zhang Wednesday, April 24, 2013 8:43 AM
    • Edited by Ryan Mangan Wednesday, April 24, 2013 9:59 AM
    Sunday, April 14, 2013 1:37 PM

All replies

• Any one please ,

Is it possible to change RD Connection Broker (High Availability Mode ) to normal RD Connection Broker 

Friday, April 12, 2013 1:23 PM
  • Hi,

At Pressent there is no way to restore a HA back to default. You would need to decommission you configuration and reinstall and configure all roles. When you remove connection brokers, you remove the database that holds all the information. Even if you removed the RDS Connection brokers manually using remove roles and features wizard you would need to run the installation wizard again as your configuration would have been removed when you uninstalled the connection brokers.

Best Regards,

• Proposed as answer by Ryan Mangan Monday, April 15, 2013 2:17 PM
    • Marked as answer by Clarence Zhang Wednesday, April 24, 2013 8:43 AM
    • Edited by Ryan Mangan Wednesday, April 24, 2013 9:59 AM
    Sunday, April 14, 2013 1:37 PM
  • Actually, a Very important point. I did remove CB role from one node, and my entire farm (10 apps in 3 RDSH) went usable. There was error while connecting any of RDSH that connection cannot be established. 

even classic RDP could not be established, after few restarts, only /ADMIN switch was working. Then removing the role seems to fixed the issue.

BR

JIRI

• Edited by Pavlik Jiri Tuesday, September 12, 2017 4:02 PM
    Tuesday, September 12, 2017 4:01 PM
  • This is what Microsoft calls high availability. One little thing goes wrong you have to rebuild everything.
    Sunday, August 9, 2020 5:19 PM