none
SCOM 2016 Recreating Report database RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Internet,

I recently upgraded our SCOM server from 2012 to 2016. all went fine until I tried to install the reporting role, which did not work out for me. I ended up spinning up another SQL server (with SQL 2016) and installed the SCOM 2016 reporting role on that server and created a new reporting and temp reporting database. Some reports are again now working, but it seems the bulk of reports are missing. For instance, I cannot even report on availability. Is there a way to import the existing management pack reports again? (new to SCOM so please be gentle)

Thank you for any advice

• Edited by Nightfearz Saturday, September 30, 2017 5:51 PM
    Saturday, September 30, 2017 5:51 PM

Answers

• Hi Sir,

Have you checked this article:

http://adinermie.com/scom-2012-r2-reporting-workspace-empty/

These missing reports are still not shown in SCOM console ?

Best Regards,

Elton

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by Nightfearz Monday, October 2, 2017 7:20 AM
    Monday, October 2, 2017 6:38 AM

All replies

• Hi Sir,

Have you checked this article:

http://adinermie.com/scom-2012-r2-reporting-workspace-empty/

These missing reports are still not shown in SCOM console ?

Best Regards,

Elton

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by Nightfearz Monday, October 2, 2017 7:20 AM
    Monday, October 2, 2017 6:38 AM
  • Hi Elton,

After having read the articles you suggested it seems it was only a timing issue. I Recreated the database on Friday afternoon just before going home. Some reports were there but not all. Over the weekend when I checked the reports were not back, but after reading your articles realised that reporting workspace needed to be refreshed. I then closed the console and opened again, Lo and behold! All the reports are there. Seems patience is a virtue after all...

Monday, October 2, 2017 7:23 AM