none
Enter submits request / incident

Question

• So I've been doing a lot of portal customizations (large text boxes, alphabetize the offering lists, etc) but one customization I can't figure out is how to stop return from submitting the request!

I want a user to have to click the submit button in order to submit a request/incident. There is a also a bug with this where a user could submit multiple requests/incidents by hitting the return button multiple times. How often would this happen? Well the first time I showed my client the portal he hit return 5 times and 5 incidents were made.

I was thinking of making all input boxes textarea instead, but I feel like this wouldn't look right. 

Tuesday, February 02, 2016 9:43 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Are you using the new HTML5-based portal?

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, February 04, 2016 2:58 AM
  • Yes, the new HTML5 portal with the newest patch (the one that was released in the past few days)

This has happened in the HTML5 Portal since I installed it in the beginning of December.

Thursday, February 04, 2016 3:17 AM
  • In our case the submit button greys out immediately – there is no chance for hitting twice.

Thursday, February 04, 2016 8:09 AM
  • Right, and that's not the issue.

The issue is people hitting the enter key (on the keyboard) while in a text box (not the Submit button). Doing this submits the ticket. Doing it 5 times in a row will submit five tickets. I have to make sure my last option is a required text box so people don't accidentally submit tickets when hitting Enter in the other text boxes.

Thursday, February 04, 2016 1:51 PM
  • Ok, we also have this behavoir. Every "Enter" it gets a little darker.

So I think this should be fixed by MS.

Thursday, February 04, 2016 1:54 PM
  • Hi, I have the same problem. In our organization we use SCSM 2012 R2 with HTML5 Self service portal update 2 and every time when customer hit enter button on keyboard submit a ticket. Do you know any solution on that?
    Tuesday, July 19, 2016 2:24 PM