none
RunBook Automated Activates & RunBook associations RRS feed

• Question

• Hello everyone.

I’m trying to move Service Requests & Service Offerings to a new environment. I can export and import the management pack that contains the service requests & offerings and successfully import them into the new environment (once I had changed the category back to general). The RunBooks associated to the Service Requests are successfully exported and imported onto the new Orchestrator designer and synced via the SCORCH connector to Service Manager and they all look to be in a healthy state.

If I now go into one of the RunBook Automated Activates templates and click on the RunBook tab I get an error stating ‘The RunBook associated with this RunBook activity template ee2454-555566-52212255-55222455545222154 was not found’. Select another RunBook or ensure the Orchestrator connector is properly configured. – I know it’s properly configured because it syncs the RunBooks in.

I presume this is happening because they are given a different ID in the new environment (would that be a correct assumption and if so can you force it now to?) I can manually associate the RunBook Automated Activity with the correct RunBook however… when I go into a Service Request and go through to the activities and through to the RunBook Automated Activity that way it doesn’t have the RunBook I just manually associated connected to it.

Is there a way to make sure that the RunBooks have the same IDs in both environments? Has anyone seen this before and why would it not remember the manually associated RunBook to the RunBook automated activity when going to it via the Service Request template.

Any advice would be great!

Friday, August 16, 2013 4:19 PM

All replies

• Hi Joe,

not sure if this helps:

• How did you save the RB templates, SR/RO templates & SO in the old environment? like did you save all of them into one Management Pack OR each one of them to a separate MP?
    • if saved them to a separate MP, what was the order when you imported them into the new environment? I suggest to import them in the following order: 1. RB templates MP (RB must be synced first)  2. SR/RO MP  3. SO MP

if this is what you have done, then give the following a try: do step 1 > then, manually associate the RB templates with the correct RB > then step 2 and 3.

Saturday, August 17, 2013 1:56 AM
  • Hi Joe.

I ran into this very issue - very frustrating.  However there is a work around.

You are correct in thinking that when the RunBooks are imported into a different environment they get a different ID.  This results in different IDs in Service Manager when the synchronisation occurs.

The work around here is to use the Management Pack Transfer Tool from CoreTech.  This works by looking at the source SCO environment and gathering the RunBook IDs, and also looking for ID matches in a Management Pack from your source Service Management environment.  Then you import your RunBooks into the target SCO environment and run the tool against this environment.  The tool then replaces the IDs in the source Management Pack with appropriate IDs for the target Service Manager environment.

It's all a little 'Heath Robinson', but works well.

HTH

Cheers

Shaun

Sunday, August 18, 2013 11:42 AM