none
Scheduled Reports fail to run

Question

• Hi all,

I run into an interesting situation at one of my customer's today where scheduled reports fail with below error. Report runs just fine and returns data but whenever I double click on Scheduled Report, I get the below error message. 

I have read about similar cases where different Short Time Format was causing the issue. (ex http://social.technet.microsoft.com/forums/en-US/systemcenter/thread/c401b1de-3932-4550-b7ce-2909834586c1/) Unfortunately, this is not the case in my environment. All servers are set to use US - English and they all have the Windows 2008 R2 defaults for time formats.

Long story short, none of the scheduled reports work! Any help would be greatly appreciated.

ZMR

Date: 2/6/2012 4:23:38 PM

Application: System Center Operations Manager 2007 R2

Application Version: 6.1.7221.81

Severity: Error

System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Value of '1/1/0001 12:00:00 AM' is not valid for 'Value'. 'Value' should be between 'MinDate' and 'MaxDate'.

Parameter name: Value

at System.Windows.Forms.DateTimePicker.set_Value(DateTime value)

at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Mom.Internal.UI.Reporting.Wizards.Schedule.ReportSubscriptionSchedulePage.OnPageAdded()

at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.ConsoleFramework.WizardFramework.AddPage(Page page)

at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.ConsoleFramework.WizardFramework.AddPageRange(Page[] pages)

at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Mom.Internal.UI.Reporting.Wizards.Schedule.ReportSubscriptionWizard.<.ctor>b__0(Object jobSender, ConsoleJobEventArgs jobArgs)

at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Mom.Internal.UI.Console.ConsoleJobExceptionHandler.ExecuteJob(IComponent component, EventHandler`1 job, Object sender, ConsoleJobEventArgs args)

• Edited by zmr35 Monday, February 6, 2012 9:32 PM
    Monday, February 6, 2012 9:31 PM

Answers

• Update:

I opened up a case with Microsoft Support and resolved the issue. Apperantly this is a known issue and the bug will be addressed in CU6. Microsoft was able to give me a hotfix (QFE_MOMEsc_4724.msi) which I applied on all systems that have SCOM Console. I am told that this issue occurs when SCOM 2007 R2 CU5 runs on SQL 2008 R2.

I hope it helps to others that run into same problem.

ZMR 

Tuesday, February 7, 2012 6:15 PM

All replies

• Update:

I opened up a case with Microsoft Support and resolved the issue. Apperantly this is a known issue and the bug will be addressed in CU6. Microsoft was able to give me a hotfix (QFE_MOMEsc_4724.msi) which I applied on all systems that have SCOM Console. I am told that this issue occurs when SCOM 2007 R2 CU5 runs on SQL 2008 R2.

I hope it helps to others that run into same problem.

ZMR 

Tuesday, February 7, 2012 6:15 PM
  • Hello*,

I get the same error on several machines!

Where do I get the hotfix, can donload it?

Best regards

• Proposed as answer by A.Leese Wednesday, February 15, 2012 11:04 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by A.Leese Wednesday, February 15, 2012 11:04 AM
    • Proposed as answer by A.Leese Wednesday, February 15, 2012 11:05 AM
    Wednesday, February 15, 2012 10:57 AM
  • MS Engineer who worked on the case sent it to me via email. I am not sure where to download it from. I suggest you open up a case with MS and ask for the hotfix. I believed you wont be charged for the support as it is a bug on the software. 

ZMR

Wednesday, February 15, 2012 3:14 PM
  • Yes I opened a case and after verification that I have the same problem they send me the hotfix via mail.

The Problem is solved!

Thank you!

AL

Wednesday, February 22, 2012 8:27 AM
  • Thursday, July 10, 2014 4:12 PM
  • si

Friday, August 7, 2015 7:52 PM