none
Service and Business Service

Question

• Hi all,

I've imported all my Distribuited Application successfully from scom to scsm.

Now my goal is to send a notification to the service owner whenever a scom alert is related to a Business Service... I know that this is not supported right now on service manager so I'm trying to do this with opalis...

By the way, when I've an incident on service manager with an affected services (DA imported from scom), I want that an opalis policy starts with a workflow like this:

monitor incident ---> get relationship beetwen incident and business service ---> get relationship beetwen business service and AD users ---> send a notification to the users.

... but opalis doesn't return nothing as relationship between the incident and the class business service cause all the distribuited applications are on Service_someIDnumber class (not recognized by opalis)

It is possible to convert a distribuited application (actually saved on Service class) to a business service (Business Service Class)?

thank you!

-- Donato Pasqualicchio System Administrator Bluarancio SPA

Friday, May 06, 2011 4:08 PM

Answers

All replies

• I think you can use the routing rules that you can create in the scom alert connector.

I have solved this with a workflow that says whenever an incident was generated from scom with body text mentioning specific CI (part of a service) send a notification to the owner of the servis (specific person)

Monday, May 09, 2011 11:47 AM
  • Hi Todanito, thanks for your reply.

Using the method you suggested, I should lose all the configuration imported from operations manager (dependencies for example) and I've to configure a workflow for every component of a business service (I've about 50 services) plus a workflow for every incident area category (cause also users can raise incident).

The best way is to have scom services (DA) imported as class Business Service, but I don't know how to do this :(

--
    Donato Pasqualicchio
    System Administrator
    Bluarancio SPA

Monday, May 09, 2011 12:02 PM
  • no reply :(

Try to change approach...

It is possibile to retrieve, with powershell and smlets, the service owner of a service?

--
    Donato Pasqualicchio
    System Administrator
    Bluarancio SPA
    Tuesday, May 24, 2011 3:03 PM
  • Wednesday, May 25, 2011 3:47 AM
    Owner
  • Thank you Travis! Wunderbar! :P
    --
    Donato Pasqualicchio
    System Administrator
    Bluarancio SPA