none
exception thrown while processing GetTasksByCriteria RRS feed

• Question

• I'm seeing this Error event in the Operations Manager log on my RMS:

An exception was thorwn while processing GetTasksByCriteria for session id uuid:... etc... The event id is 26319 and the source is OpsMgrSDK Service.

This is happening for users that are members of the Operations Manager Read-Only Operators role. The users simply has the console open and an alert selected. Any time a new alert is selected, the event occurs.

Any ideas? Bug? Know a way to stop these?

Wednesday, November 11, 2009 6:08 PM

Answers

• I can confirm this is also raised when it is a complete SCOM 2007 R2 environment in a Windows 2008 domain, with domain functional level windows 2008.

Please submit this as a bug on http://connect.microsoft.com

Greetz,

Arie de Haan
    MVP SCOM
    This posting is provide "AS IS" with no guarantees, warranties, rigths etc.
    Tuesday, December 1, 2009 1:13 AM

All replies

• Seems like something is going not totally correct when determening the scope. what version of SCOM do you use, any hotfixes implemented?
    Greetz,

Arie de Haan
    MVP SCOM
    Thursday, November 26, 2009 10:13 PM
  • Hi

Have seen this before. Then it turned out to be an issue with a Windows 2000 based domain. Are you running that kind of domain?
    Best regards, Marnix Wolf

(Thoughts on OpsMgr)
    Friday, November 27, 2009 7:06 AM
  • Hi

Some more information for the issue that I bumped into.. It was a Windows 2000 mixed domain. I had to add the SDK service to the specified group in  KB: (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/331951/).

Also - when the above mentioned domain isn't at order for you - in SCOM SP1 this event is a bug and can be ignored.

Best regards, Marnix Wolf

(Thoughts on OpsMgr)
    Friday, November 27, 2009 8:00 AM
  • This doesn't seem to apply. I'm pretty sure anyone can reproduce this error, just open the console with a user that has read-only operator privelages and look on your RMS for the error to appear.
    Monday, November 30, 2009 6:20 PM
  • I can confirm this is also raised when it is a complete SCOM 2007 R2 environment in a Windows 2008 domain, with domain functional level windows 2008.

Please submit this as a bug on http://connect.microsoft.com

Greetz,

Arie de Haan
    MVP SCOM
    Tuesday, December 1, 2009 1:13 AM
  • Tuesday, December 1, 2009 4:25 PM
  • I can confirm too! R2 and not 2000 mixed.

Although, probably, harmless, this bug is ugly and raises questions from the server-managers.

Anyone affected should vote and confirm the bug on the Connect site.

Regards
    Roger
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Thursday, December 3, 2009 9:34 AM