none
Priority not being calculated before IR is opened manually RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hello All,

    I'm setting up a new SCSM 2019 environment and am seeing some strange behaviour..

    I have configured an IR Template with urgency and impact set to High.

    In the Administration pane under IR settings i've configured my priority table to match High - High to Priority 1.

    Using the Powershell Exchange connector I'm creating some test tickets based upon this template.

    Unfortunately the priority doesn't get calculated automatically on my incidents.

    Whenever I open them from the console and close them, the priority is set but not before.

    This means that a support officer would have to open all IR's for the priority to get calculated.

    Does anybody have an idea why this would be?

    As long as this calculation doesn't take place then the SLA's won't start running which is of course a huge compliance issue..

    I've queried my IR using powershell and am not seeing a priority set in the db neither, so its not some console update nor refresh issue..

    any suggestions would be very welcome!


    • Edited by SC FTH Thursday, October 10, 2019 2:25 PM
    Thursday, October 10, 2019 2:24 PM

Answers

  • If you take a look in the history of an Incident object you should see an entry if and when the priority is set by the SCSM workflow.

    If there is no entry in the history something is "wrong" with the built-in SCSM workflow.

    Are other SCSM workflows working without any problem or delay? 


    Andreas Baumgarten

    • Marked as answer by SC FTH Tuesday, October 22, 2019 8:47 AM
    Thursday, October 10, 2019 4:05 PM
    Moderator

All replies

  • If you take a look in the history of an Incident object you should see an entry if and when the priority is set by the SCSM workflow.

    If there is no entry in the history something is "wrong" with the built-in SCSM workflow.

    Are other SCSM workflows working without any problem or delay? 


    Andreas Baumgarten

    • Marked as answer by SC FTH Tuesday, October 22, 2019 8:47 AM
    Thursday, October 10, 2019 4:05 PM
    Moderator
  • Hello Andreas,

    Thanks for your reply.

    At the moment it is just a new installation and besides some test IR's I created it isn't actually processing something as no new tickets are coming in.

    The Operations Manager Eventlog is only showing informational events; no warnings nor errors.

    In the beginning I had an error about the workflow account not being able to be resolved as it didn't have the correct logon type (logon as a service was not possible).

    I resolved this by adding it in the local security policy with this user right assignment.

    it is also an SCSM admin and member of the local admins of the workflow server.

    To make sure I did nothing wrong, I deleted the Queue and SLO object as well as the custom MP I had created to hold these.

    I'm going to recreate them now and see how it behaves.

    Monday, October 14, 2019 10:54 AM
  • Recreating the Queue and SLO objects fixed it
    Tuesday, October 22, 2019 8:48 AM