none
The Virtual Machine Manager management server could not copy a required Hyper-V authorization file RRS feed

• Question

• Getting below error every 30 minute interval with EVENT ID 1002 

The Virtual Machine Manager management server could not copy a required Hyper-V authorization file to   

I have added SCVMM service account in Hyper-V administrator group of each host node & restarted Hyper-V VMM services but still issue is exist. kindly suggest.

SAI_NYD

Tuesday, February 13, 2018 1:33 AM

All replies

• Hello,

Please also add the VMM computer account in the administrators group of the Hyper-V hosts.

After completion of the above task, please remove the Hyper-V host or Cluster from the VMM fabric, and then re-add it into the VMM fabric.

Best regards,

Andy Liu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, February 13, 2018 2:21 AM
  • Thanks for reply.

1. I am unable to get VMM computer account. kindly provide where i can get VMM computer account.

2. Also Provide steps to remove Hyper-V cluster from VMM fabric & then re-add it into the VMM fabric.

Is there any production impact while doing so.

SAI_NYD

Tuesday, February 13, 2018 4:01 AM
  • Hello,

1. Please refer to the following documentation.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb680367.aspx

2. It's recommended to perform the actions during the maintenance window time.

Best regards,

Andy Liu

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

<audio controls="controls" style="display:none;"></audio>
    Thursday, February 15, 2018 3:40 AM
  • Hi Andy

Thanks for the info. Can you explain why this is necessary? Or alternatively, can you please provide a link to show where Microsoft recommend this in their SCVMM setup documentation?

Thanks for your help.

James

Thursday, March 22, 2018 1:35 AM
  • Thanks. is there any impact on VMs while remove cluster from SCVMM & add it back.

SAI_NYD

Friday, March 23, 2018 12:59 AM
  • I am also getting this issue and my VMM computer account is in the local admin group of every host.  It should be they were deployed from VMM.

Any new fixes on this?

Thursday, March 7, 2019 12:07 PM
  • I am also getting this issue and my VMM computer account is in the local admin group of every host.  It should be they were deployed from VMM.

Any new fixes on this?

Same issue here.
    Wednesday, October 9, 2019 7:35 AM
  • Hello,

Please also add the VMM computer account in the administrators group of the Hyper-V hosts.

After completion of the above task, please remove the Hyper-V host or Cluster from the VMM fabric, and then re-add it into the VMM fabric.

Best regards,

Andy Liu

This can't be the only suggested solution here, right?
    Monday, December 9, 2019 11:54 AM