none
BizTalk management pack WMI Probe Module Failed Execution RRS feed

• Question

•     I have 2 BizTalk servers that I am trying to monitor.
    1 has the scom agent running under the system account
    1 has it running under a scom account that is a Domain Admin
    Both produce an endless amount of the following errors.

Object enumeration failed Query: 'SELECT * FROM MSBTS_HostSetting' HRESULT: 0x80131904 Details: One or more workflows were affected by this. Workflow name: Microsoft.BizTalk.Library.Host.Discovery Instance name: Microsoft.BizTalk.2006.BizTalkServer.ServerRole Instance ID: {76EE9FC7-86D8-1E15-5902-33C13548F8ED} Management group: PRODOPS
    If I open Wbemtest, I can run the same query, and get results. Anyone have any ideas on what is going on here?

Thanks
    • Moved by Robert Hearn Friday, November 6, 2009 1:32 AM incorrect forum (From:Cross Platform - General)
    Friday, May 1, 2009 9:25 PM

Answers

• The problem probably is with WMI security (BizTalk space). Using “System account” as agent action account does not help. 

From the BizTalk Server Management Pack for Operations Manager 2007 guide: “Several workflows that come with BizTalk Management Pack require elevated permissions to perform certain actions. With this regards, the 'Run As Accounts' associated with the two BizTalk Management Pack 'Run As Profiles' needs to be member of BizTalk Admin Group for the Management Pack to fully work without any issues.”

I have created simple domain account, added it to the “BizTalk Server Administrators”, created “Run As Account” and added it to “BizTalk Server Discovery Account” profile.  All is working fine now. There are no errors anymore.

I hope this helps you.

Wednesday, September 30, 2009 1:29 PM

All replies

• Did you ever get this resolved?  I just setup a SCOM server and am having a similar problem...

Thursday, May 21, 2009 6:08 PM
  • I have the same problem with SCOM 2007 R2 on both BizTalk 2006 (Windows 2003) and BizTalk 2009 (Windows 2008).
    Wednesday, September 30, 2009 9:11 AM
  • The problem probably is with WMI security (BizTalk space). Using “System account” as agent action account does not help. 

From the BizTalk Server Management Pack for Operations Manager 2007 guide: “Several workflows that come with BizTalk Management Pack require elevated permissions to perform certain actions. With this regards, the 'Run As Accounts' associated with the two BizTalk Management Pack 'Run As Profiles' needs to be member of BizTalk Admin Group for the Management Pack to fully work without any issues.”

I have created simple domain account, added it to the “BizTalk Server Administrators”, created “Run As Account” and added it to “BizTalk Server Discovery Account” profile.  All is working fine now. There are no errors anymore.

I hope this helps you.

Wednesday, September 30, 2009 1:29 PM