Unique Tag to Attachment RRS feed

• Question

• I have a mailbox configured in my cloud CRM where email is forwarded through client exchange server.The ask is to strip the attachment before it lands in CRM. I have provided below steps and need a clarification related to exchange server

1. End user writes email with FROM: enduser@yahoo.com and TO: crmmailbox@crm.com with an attachment
    2. Exchange server strips the attachment from email, stores it in a local network drive and auto forward it to crmmailbox@crm.com

As part of step # 2 can exchange server, after stripping the attachment, while storing in local host server, rename it with <<UniqueID>>-FileName AND also add this <<UniqueID>> to the forwarded email header? 

Reason being, client does not want attachment to be stored in CRM.It get converted into a support record. If above is possible at Exchange server end then CRM system can use that <<UniqueID>> and make an API call to create a URL to that local server

Let me know

Wednesday, June 24, 2020 11:11 AM

All replies

• Hi Bhaggs,

Take a look at Anti-malware policy :http://techgenix.com/anti-spam-and-anti-malware-protection-exchange-2013-part3/

But it can't store the attachment on local newwork, as I know Exchange does not have such feature. Some third-party Apps may work but we don't recommmend to use them since no one can garentee their safety.

Please Note: Since the web site is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Regards, 

Eric Yin

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Thursday, June 25, 2020 2:35 AM
  • Thanks Eric

These attachments aren't malware type but a regular customer email. I was going through below url where it shows way to extract attachment from email and save it in some place

https://www.pixelchef.net/content/rule-autosave-attachment-outlook

Can't something similar be done at exchange server end? 

Thursday, June 25, 2020 4:31 AM
  • Hi Bhaggs,

No, Exchange can't do this. 

You need to use a script which is corresponding to your Outlook version (as you post) or third-party tools .

Maybe you can try with EWS managed API, ask for help in development forum:https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/exchange/en-US/home?forum=exchangesvrdevelopment

Regards, 

Eric Yin

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Thursday, June 25, 2020 6:22 AM
  • Hi,

I'm here to confirm with you if your issue has been resolved. If the problem is successfully solved, you can share your solution and mark them or the helpful reply as answer, this will make answer searching in the forum easier and be beneficial to other community members as well.

Regards,

Eric Yin

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Thursday, July 2, 2020 6:33 AM