none
Can I hide any controls in RelativeDateTimePicker in my management pack?

Question

• Hello.
    I create my managament pack and I want to hide any controls in RelativeDateTimePicker.
    I want to this control look like as DatePicker without Time,TimeZone,but it has to have contextual menu for date control,
    where user can choose first day of previous mounth etc
    In my report I use only Date without Time.
    How can I do it?
    Wednesday, February 17, 2010 10:05 AM

Answers

• Hi,thank you,i saw it, but i didn't find how to remove some controlls of a report.
    I understand i need to use controls in Visual Studio,but I want to use SCOM controls,for example RelativeDateTimePicker and
    change them a little.
    I need SCOM controls like Microsoft.SystemCenter.DataWarehouse.Report.ParameterControl.MonitoringObjectXmlPicker
    and I suppose it can use only SCOM controls or Visual Studio controls.
    If I add parameter StartDate type of DateTime in my report ,ReportManager shows this report right in my browser,but
    after I put rdl into my managament pack and then instal to SCOM, SCOM in any case replace this control  to 2
    controls:Date and Time. I want to disable Time

If I add section <ParameterBlock> in report, SCOM will use SCOM controls.
    I want to see my report in tab"Reporting" in SCOM after installation my managament pack and this report
    has to have controls like ParameterControl.MonitoringObjectXmlPicker,RelativeDateTimePicker or DatePicker(but have contextual menu as RelativeDateTimePicker ).

<Control type="Microsoft.SystemCenter.DataWarehouse.Report.ParameterControl.RelativeDateTimePicker" rowSpan="2" columnSpan="2">
                    <ReportParameters>
                        <ReportParameter name="TimeZone" binding="TimeZone">
                            <Prompt>Microsoft.SystemCenter.DataWarehouse.Report.Library!Microsoft.SystemCenter.DataWarehouse.Report.ParameterPrompt.TimeZone</Prompt>
                        </ReportParameter>
                        <ReportParameter name="TimeZoneName" binding="TimeZoneName" />
                        <ReportParameter name="StartDate_BaseType" binding="StartDate_BaseType" />
                        <ReportParameter name="StartDate_BaseValue" binding="StartDate_BaseValue">
                            <Prompt>Microsoft.SystemCenter.DataWarehouse.Report.Library!Microsoft.SystemCenter.DataWarehouse.Report.ParameterPrompt.StartDateTime</Prompt>
                        </ReportParameter>
                        <ReportParameter name="StartDate_OffsetType" binding="StartDate_OffsetType" />
                        <ReportParameter name="StartDate_OffsetValue" binding="StartDate_OffsetValue" />
                        <ReportParameter name="EndDate_BaseType" binding="EndDate_BaseType" />
                        <ReportParameter name="EndDate_BaseValue" binding="EndDate_BaseValue">
                            <Prompt>Microsoft.SystemCenter.DataWarehouse.Report.Library!Microsoft.SystemCenter.DataWarehouse.Report.ParameterPrompt.EndDateTime</Prompt>
                        </ReportParameter>
                        <ReportParameter name="EndDate_OffsetType" binding="EndDate_OffsetType" />
                        <ReportParameter name="EndDate_OffsetValue" binding="EndDate_OffsetValue" />
                    </ReportParameters>

Probably StartDate_OffsetValue and EndDate_OffsetValue are controls,which show Time and I can hide it
    Wednesday, February 17, 2010 3:31 PM

All replies

• Hi,
    To remove some controlls of a report, or add controls, I belive you will need to re-write the report. I have a blog post about that, take a look at http://contoso.se/blog/?p=398
    Anders Bengtsson | Microsoft MVP - Operations Manager | http://www.contoso.se
    Wednesday, February 17, 2010 2:34 PM
  • Hi,thank you,i saw it, but i didn't find how to remove some controlls of a report.
    I understand i need to use controls in Visual Studio,but I want to use SCOM controls,for example RelativeDateTimePicker and
    change them a little.
    I need SCOM controls like Microsoft.SystemCenter.DataWarehouse.Report.ParameterControl.MonitoringObjectXmlPicker
    and I suppose it can use only SCOM controls or Visual Studio controls.
    If I add parameter StartDate type of DateTime in my report ,ReportManager shows this report right in my browser,but
    after I put rdl into my managament pack and then instal to SCOM, SCOM in any case replace this control  to 2
    controls:Date and Time. I want to disable Time

If I add section <ParameterBlock> in report, SCOM will use SCOM controls.
    I want to see my report in tab"Reporting" in SCOM after installation my managament pack and this report
    has to have controls like ParameterControl.MonitoringObjectXmlPicker,RelativeDateTimePicker or DatePicker(but have contextual menu as RelativeDateTimePicker ).

<Control type="Microsoft.SystemCenter.DataWarehouse.Report.ParameterControl.RelativeDateTimePicker" rowSpan="2" columnSpan="2">
                    <ReportParameters>
                        <ReportParameter name="TimeZone" binding="TimeZone">
                            <Prompt>Microsoft.SystemCenter.DataWarehouse.Report.Library!Microsoft.SystemCenter.DataWarehouse.Report.ParameterPrompt.TimeZone</Prompt>
                        </ReportParameter>
                        <ReportParameter name="TimeZoneName" binding="TimeZoneName" />
                        <ReportParameter name="StartDate_BaseType" binding="StartDate_BaseType" />
                        <ReportParameter name="StartDate_BaseValue" binding="StartDate_BaseValue">
                            <Prompt>Microsoft.SystemCenter.DataWarehouse.Report.Library!Microsoft.SystemCenter.DataWarehouse.Report.ParameterPrompt.StartDateTime</Prompt>
                        </ReportParameter>
                        <ReportParameter name="StartDate_OffsetType" binding="StartDate_OffsetType" />
                        <ReportParameter name="StartDate_OffsetValue" binding="StartDate_OffsetValue" />
                        <ReportParameter name="EndDate_BaseType" binding="EndDate_BaseType" />
                        <ReportParameter name="EndDate_BaseValue" binding="EndDate_BaseValue">
                            <Prompt>Microsoft.SystemCenter.DataWarehouse.Report.Library!Microsoft.SystemCenter.DataWarehouse.Report.ParameterPrompt.EndDateTime</Prompt>
                        </ReportParameter>
                        <ReportParameter name="EndDate_OffsetType" binding="EndDate_OffsetType" />
                        <ReportParameter name="EndDate_OffsetValue" binding="EndDate_OffsetValue" />
                    </ReportParameters>

Probably StartDate_OffsetValue and EndDate_OffsetValue are controls,which show Time and I can hide it
    Wednesday, February 17, 2010 3:31 PM