none
DHCP 2016 and DHCP 2012 R2 RRS feed

• Question

• i have both the management packs in my environment, though i don't have 2012 R2 servers.

i tried to remove the dhcp 2012 mp and 2012 R2  i denied saying dependency, then it starts pushing these alerts

The PowerShell script
    failed with below exception

System.Management.Automation.CmdletInvocationException: Failed to get server
    configuration from DHCP server .At line:95 char:17

+ $DHCPServer = Get-DhcpServerSetting

+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    at System.Management.Automation.Internal.PipelineProcessor.SynchronousExecuteEnumerate(Object input, Hashtable errorResults, Boolean enumerate)

at System.Management.Automation.PipelineOps.InvokePipeline(Object input,
    Boolean ignoreInput, CommandParameterInternal[][] pipeElements,
    CommandBaseAst[] pipeElementAsts, CommandRedirection[][] commandRedirections,
    FunctionContext funcContext)

at System.Management.Automation.Interpreter.ActionCallInstruction`6.Run(InterpretedFrame
    frame)

at
    System.Management.Automation.Interpreter.EnterTryCatchFinallyInstruction.Run(InterpretedFrame
    frame)

at System.Management.Automation.Interpreter.EnterTryCatchFinallyInstruction.Run(InterpretedFrame
    frame)

Script Name: DiscoverDHCPServer2012R2

One or more workflows were affected by this.

Workflow name: Microsoft.Windows.DHCPServer.2012.R2.Server.Discovery

swapna

Monday, July 6, 2020 5:40 PM

All replies

• Hi,

You'll need to remove the dependencies first, what dependency management packs is it complaining on when you're trying to remove the DHCP 2012 R2 management pack?

Best regards,
    Leon

Blog: https://thesystemcenterblog.com LinkedIn:

Monday, July 6, 2020 5:44 PM
  • Hi Swapna,

We may try to use the following command to remove DHCP 2012R2 management packs to see if it helps.

import-module operationsmanager
    Get-scommanagementpack | where {$_.version -like '*6.0.7309*'} | remove-scommanagementpack

Hope the above information helps.

Regards,

Alex Zhu
    -----------------------------------------------
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.
    Wednesday, July 8, 2020 1:18 AM
  • At first, you should remove all dependencies before you can successfully remove the MP. You may refer to Powershell script to get the list of MP and its dependencies and verify against the Management Server.
    https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/systemcenter/en-US/8fc8d3d5-9096-4e96-8436-7cc76fdf0e59/powershell-script-to-get-the-list-of-mp-and-its-dependencies-and-verify-against-the-management?forum=operationsmanagermgmtpacks

Roger
    Wednesday, July 8, 2020 2:09 AM