none
Program failed (download failed - content mismatch) Error RRS feed

  • Question

  • I am getting the following error fairly often, but not on every client workstation.

    Message Details
    Timestamp: 6/27/2008 12:16:31 PM Message Type: Milestone
    Site Code: 001 Message ID: 10057
    System: T063784 Process ID: 1224
    Source: SMS Client Thread ID: 216
    Component: Software Distribution Severity: Error

    Description
    The program for advertisement "00120050 has failed because download of the content "00100019" - "XXXXX" has failed. The download failed because the content downloaded to the client does not match the content specified in the content source. Possible causes: The content on the distribution point has been manually modified, or a local administrator on the computer has modified the content in the computer's hash. Solution: Refresh the content on the distribution point and retry the download.

    Properties
    Advertisement ID 00120050
    Client SMS Unique ID GUID:0274F551-F4AD-4DE9-A313-E49421555D9B

    The Package is set to use a Compressed copy.  No changes to the Source Files have been made.  I have Updated the Distribution points as well.  If I reset the Client Policy and then Refrech the Machine Policy from the clint, it will download and run.  This is happening on more than one application.  It is not the same application on every computer. 

    Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    Wednesday, July 2, 2008 12:37 PM

Answers

  • I've found a potential solution to this issue for me.  I've found it seems to happen when hidden system files appear in the package source.  Specifically I've found a problem when the "thumbs.db" file is in the folder for packages that may have images in them.  When I delete this file, the problems go away.
    Wednesday, November 26, 2008 5:32 PM

All replies

  • Did you modify files/folders in your source folder.  Do a "Update distribution point"  This will update the package with a new version and the client will download and install.

     

     

    Wednesday, July 2, 2008 2:42 PM
    Moderator
  • I have not modified any of the source files.
    Wednesday, July 2, 2008 3:01 PM
  • Since you haven't updated it then just do a refresh on the DP.  The client should try to pick  it back up depending on the Advertisement. 

     

    Wednesday, July 2, 2008 3:06 PM
    Moderator
  • I have refreshed the Distribution Points.  It still continues to give that error.
    Wednesday, July 2, 2008 3:08 PM
  • Granted it will cause traffic but I would look at do an "update" of the package.  It will increment your package version.  Could you also delete the cache out of the client, assume that is where the corruption is.

     

     

     

    Wednesday, July 2, 2008 3:44 PM
    Moderator
  • I have done the update as well.  I am not sure where the curruption is.  It doesnt even create the folder in Cache.  The only workaround I have found is to reset the policy on the client and the evaluate the machine policy.
    Wednesday, July 2, 2008 3:54 PM
  • Do you have the SCCM Toolkit.  Using the Client spy you can see what is going on.

     

    Wednesday, July 2, 2008 4:31 PM
    Moderator
  • This is what shows up in the CliSpy Software Distribution History Tab


    PackageID = "00100019" - Package Name = "JS2E Runtime Environment"
            Program Name = JRE15009
                Execution State = Failure
                Last Run Time = 2008/06/19 14:47:50
                Failure Reason = The hash value is not correct.
                Failure Code = -2146889721


    Wednesday, July 2, 2008 5:34 PM
  •  

    better you create the package again because you have done the updates several times ok.and at the same time in you're advertisment properties click the "download the content from distribution and run locally".this will work

     

    sanka

    Thursday, July 10, 2008 5:03 AM
  • I got this often when I had binary differential replication set for my package. Turn this off, and update the DP again. Then try the client.

     

    Saturday, July 12, 2008 6:45 AM
  • I've been getting this issue a lot as well, it's probably the primary source of failures for our deployments.  Affects maybe 5 - 10% (of 3800 total) of systems during any deployment.

    Some things to note for us:
    • Not using differential replication
    • Is not consistent with a particular repository or package
    • Refreshing content does not work
    • In some cases the BITS job appears to get "stuck" downloading, and the package stays in a "WaitingContent" state forever
    The only way to fix it is on the individual clients, and so far the only reliable way for me seems to be a complete uninstall and re-install of the SCCM client. Obviously not ideal!
    Wednesday, October 22, 2008 9:49 PM
  • I've found a potential solution to this issue for me.  I've found it seems to happen when hidden system files appear in the package source.  Specifically I've found a problem when the "thumbs.db" file is in the folder for packages that may have images in them.  When I delete this file, the problems go away.
    Wednesday, November 26, 2008 5:32 PM
  • I have this problem during every deployment I do. Its very random and a machine with this issue on one deployment works great with another.

    I have a very quick solution which works great for us but requires a 3rd party tool called "SCCM Client Center" by Roger Zander.

    You can find that here - http://sourceforge.net/projects/smsclictr/

    What you do is force a policy reset and then force a policy update from within the tool.

    Warning!!! This causes ALL the advertisements to rerun so make sure you have a handle on what will be re-run.

    Its a big fix for a small issue but will save you hours of messing around  I'm still looking for the perfect solution myself.

    Hope this helps.


    Victor Meyer
    Tuesday, September 14, 2010 9:19 AM