Applying WinPE without reboot. RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to split the apply WinPE and reboot to WinPE as 2 different parts in my task sequnce. The reason for this is because i need to run a cmd line before it boots into WinPE. The cmd actually makes changes to the applied WinPE. Is this possible and how.
    Friday, September 16, 2011 7:33 PM

Answers

• Hi Jacky,

Sure, well i'll focus on the encryption element in the task sequence and i'll mention what OS we're in:

Prep:

- decide whether you will use autoboot function of mcafee - if you do not use it then the user or technician will have to authenticate to PreBoot EPE screen on every restart and depending on how extensive the TS is this can be an annoyance, if you do decide to enable autoboot then do it on policy assigned to container in EPO server that technician either manually insert PCs to or Laptops join automatically based on ex. IP (if every floor has different IP)

- Make sure that the Endpoint Encryption files are part of the XML USMT definitions (don't use config.xml, use migapp / miguser  path with usmt

- make a package with the utilities from the website, call it: McAfee Endpoint Encryption Refresh Tool, contains (i use folder V6\x86 since the OS is 32bit):
    cscript.exe (important to take cscript from a 64bit IF you will use the v6\x64 mcafee utils)
    EpeWinUpgradeTool.exe (from mcafee)
    RunRestore.MBR.vbs
    - distribute package to DPs

- modify PE wim (registry, files etc.) file as per mcafee's instructions and make a folder for utilities same contents as the package on the root of boot.wim, you can do this using a windows 7 computer and running dism /mount-wim to some folder, the wim you want to mount is the winPEx86 image you use (in sccm console PE properties, data source tab)

- modify OS image to also have the drivers and registry

important if you're migrating from XP:
    you might not need to copy EPE drivers from XP machine because the PE in sccm 2007 is vista based and with R3 it's Windows 7 based so you might just need to encrypt a test win7 computer just to grab these drivers

original OS:

- like the screenshot shows i start right before i actually begin the scanstate.exe capture
    and after i captured network, domain etc.

- group of actions start by checking if file C:\Safeboot.rsv exists as a condition (*encryption exists)

- I set a TS Variable to make it easier for me to add steps that relate to encrypted PCs and i don't always rely on the file being there during reboots etc.
    - run command line step to shutdown EPE service: sc.exe stop "McAfee Endpoint Encryption Agent"

- run command line step to make a utility directory with binaries from mcafee website (where the documentation resides): cmd.exe /c md c:\EEPC_Utility
    - run command line step to copy package to the new directory: xcopy /e .\v6\x86\*.* C:\EEPC_Utility\*.* /Y
    step run from package, disable 64bit file redirection
    - run command line step that runs from the new directory (start in) to Store EPE MBR: 
    EpeWinUpgradeTool.exe -SaveMbr c:\EpeMbr.dat
    - run command line step to unlock epe files (again with start in new directory) EpeWinUpgradeTool.exe -SetFileLocks unlock
    - run command line step to unhide epe files (no need for start it this time):
    attrib -r -s -h c:\safeboot.*
    -END of actions, exit group, continue with scanstate

now we are right before the OS restarts to PE, the problem here and what this topic is for is that the restart to PE is a multi action not controllable that does 2 things:
    copy boot.wim and changes the MBR, at least that's how it is in windows 7, our encryption is on windows 7 machines refresh sequence, in XP we used checkpoint but we didn't have a solution for checkpoint since our version was very old without central management server so we had to decrypt xp laptops before they were upgraded, so i these next steps might not be the same for XP

- if the TS variable Encryped = true then i call VBS that loops and continuasly restores the MBR we saved before, this script runs in parallel and the TS continues to the next step
    run command line (start in..., and mark "continue on error")
    cmd /c start RunRestore.MBR.vbs

set wshShell = WScript.CreateObject ("WSCript.shell")
    Set objFSO = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
    forever = 1
    RestoreMBR = "cmd /c C:\EEPC_Utility\EpeWinUpgradeTool.exe -SetMbr c:\EpeMbr.dat >> c:\EpeMbr.log"
    Do While forever = 1
     wshshell.Run RestoreMBR,1,true
     wscript.sleep 2000
    Loop

- step "restart computer" to "the boot image assigned to this TS" 

at this point the computer will restart to winpe, the moments it start you want to save the MBR because the next few steps will be to apply OS wim file

- run command line step (start in folder X:\EEPC_Utility\)
    EpeWinUpgradeTool.exe -SaveMbr x:\EpeMbr.dat
    - apply OS image regularly as you do
    - run command line step to set mbr before restarting:
    EpeWinUpgradeTool.exe -SetMbr x:\EpeMbr.dat (start in X:\EEPC_Utility\)
    - restart

- at this point you can apply windows and network setting, setup configmgr
    - first step should be restoring state (loadstate)
    - hide EPE files: attrib –h c:\safeboot.* (start in C:\)
    - distribute software etc.

- disable autoboot

i hope this helps it works flawlessly for me though it took a while to perfect (example would be if you have steps that handle failure of applying OS image you will need to save and store mbr like i demonstrated).

• Proposed as answer by 'Avi' Friday, January 11, 2013 4:20 PM
    • Marked as answer by Garth JonesMVP Saturday, January 9, 2016 5:27 PM
    Friday, January 11, 2013 4:13 PM

All replies

• Curious as to what you are doing to the boot image after it is delivered?

Why not just modify the boot image itself?

Jason | http://myitforum.com/cs2/blogs/jsandys | Twitter @JasonSandys
    Friday, September 16, 2011 8:29 PM
  • Not sure if you are familiar with Safeboot, McAfee product now used for ecryption.

I am trying t set the Safebootmbr instead of the bootmbr, so it boots using safebootmbr. There is a utility that McAfee has that does this. Now since each computer has its own key and it is wrapped around the safebootmbr i cannot modify the boot image itself. Or i can but would have to do this for 16000+ machines. :)

Friday, September 16, 2011 10:20 PM
  • I don't know if it is possible.  I have seen many other people post and not be sucessfull.  I think generally they laid down the entire image as normal and then installed SAfeboot application and did some setting from there.

WE did PGP whole disk and you can't automate it from SCCM.  The admin had to enter data and it just was made to be pushed with SCCM.

http://www.sccm-tools.com http://sms-hints-tricks.blogspot.com
    Saturday, September 17, 2011 2:36 AM
  • I've also looked in a migration scenario where End Point Encryption is involved. During our tests we couldn't install Windows 7 without formatting the hard disk prior the Windows 7 installation. We also couldn't stage WinPE when starting the installation from the Run Advertised Programs menu.

What is it that you want to do disable the security in order to stage WinPe when running the Tasksequence from Run Advertised Programs?

Just out of curiosity what tool from McAfee do you use?

Monday, September 19, 2011 7:41 PM
  • Basically what i am trying to do is bypass the decryption portion of safeboot. McAfee has the instrucionts on how to do this but their task is split into 2, apply Winpe, Restore Safeboot MBR, by runnng this utility with these parameters (SbWinUpgrade.exe -SetMbr:c:\SafebootMbr.dat), then after this step it goes to the next task which is reboot to WinPE without applying the WinPE again. Here is their info:  

The OS refresh process using MDT presented in this document can be adapted to use SCCM instead. The task sequences in SCCM are very similar to MDT and the same tools to edit WIM files can be used. However, there can be issues as SCCM has a different approach on applying windows PE and preparing disks for installation.

The following problems have to be resolved in order to integrate the solution into SCCM:

1.       Disk Cleanup

SCCM includes a step the prepares the disk by partitioning and formatting the partitions. This step has to be modified so its compatible with hardlinks. i.e. the disk should just be cleaned by deleting all folders but the one used to keep user migration state. (MININT or OSD etc..)

2.       Restoring Safeboot MBR before first Restart

After applying Windows PE the task sequence should contain a step that restores the Safeboot MBR. However, SCCM applies windows PE and restarts the system on the same step. To overcome this problem there are many approaches:

a.        Modify the task sequence VBScript of SCCM to run the commands for applying PE and restarting the system in the same order as MDT. MDT's scripts can be used as a reference.

b.       Set the restart timeout for the system to a large number of seconds. Create an executable that monitors the task sequence log file and when it detects that Windows PE have been applied it restores the Safeboot MBR and restarts the system.

c.        Wrap the executable command that restores the Safeboot MBR in a batch file that does the following:

i.      Creates a new process and runs the following

ii.      Restore Safeboot MBR

iii.      Sleep 10ms

iv.      go to ii.

The batch file should be started just before calling the command to apply Windows PE.

Since Restart to WinPE task does both applys the WinPe and reboots at the end and it is all wrapped up in the smsboot.exe i need to know which script handles this so that i can make a call for the Restore of SafebootMBR inbetween Apply WnPE and reboot.
    • Edited by AdisH80 Monday, September 19, 2011 7:53 PM
    Monday, September 19, 2011 7:50 PM
  • Are you trying to re-install the machine by having the encryption intact and install the OS from the SCCM cache?

Do you have a problem not knowing if the tasksequence run in the running OS or in WinPE? You can check this by using tasksequence variable _SMSTSInWinPE and use it as a condition to only restart into WinPE if this value is equals False

Monday, September 19, 2011 8:10 PM
  • i am not reinstalling the machine but upgading it from WinXP to Win7. I know exactly where task sequnce is runnng i just need to find how the WinPE and reboot are wrapped in smsboot.exe?
    Tuesday, September 20, 2011 2:46 AM
  • I suggest contacting CSS as what you are doing is unsupported -- they may have a solution for you. I doubt it though as your difficulties stem directly from the use of a third-party product which really means you should contact them for support.
    Thursday, September 22, 2011 10:40 PM
  • We do know it is not supported but we need this implemented as we have 16000 laptops to deploy Win7. I wa actually able to fakeout the task sequnce witha vbs script and was able to get th working. If anyone needs help regarding modification once WinPe is layed down post it hee and i will reply with solution.

Friday, September 23, 2011 1:35 PM
  • This would be a great blog post to review and learn from even for those not doing it.
    Friday, September 23, 2011 1:55 PM
  • AdisH80....I'm curious about the "fakout" you mention above. Can you elaborate on your solution? We have a similar need, and the workarounds we have considered are "kludgy" at best.
    Thursday, October 13, 2011 3:27 PM
  • Been exteremely busy and was unable to post. So this all depends what you need to do but what i did was i wrote a vbs script that calls another vbs script to perform the task with option of timing out when you need it to execute. The first sript will exit out successfully and will continue with the next step in the task sequence. The other script is called and is running with timoutvalue i specified and then it executes the desired cmd.
    Monday, October 17, 2011 6:35 PM
  • I fully understand what you are trying to do here. I am raising a support call with MS. What I am doing in the meantime is cancelling the TS. As the TS has completed and is pending a reboot, when the reboot is raised I do the following, which clears the message and cancel the reboot. I then handle the reboot from a service at an appropiate time and the TS continues unaware of this post reboot.

private void KillProcesses()

{

RunCMD(

"Resetting the TS Manager service to noaction", "sc", "failure smstsmgr reset= 86400 actions= ///"

, 0);

KillProcess(

Process.GetProcessesByName("TSManager"));

/* Must kill this first */

KillProcess(

Process.GetProcessesByName("TsProgressUI"

));

}

private void KillProcess(Process

[] KillMe)

{

foreach (Process uiProcess in

KillMe)

{

LogIt(

".................Killing process: "

+ uiProcess.ProcessName);

uiProcess.Kill();

}

}

Thursday, October 27, 2011 4:55 PM
  • Can you post the scripts you used?  

We are doing the same upgrade process.  I would like to split the Apply WinPE process into two steps (Apply then Restart) in the same manner as MDT 2010, it seems like it would be cleaner that the other option suggested by McAffee.  At this point - working more important than "nice" process.

Friday, October 28, 2011 6:06 PM
  • Dabell,

It is a service that controls the process. As part of the TS I install a service that watches for the smsts.log, which signifies the TS has completed and is pending a reboot. I then cancel the reboot by killing the TSmanager and UI (note: this only works if a user is logged on so only use an optional advert) and then restore the safeboot MBR, load the PE image (which the TS has prestaged) using imageX (which I dynamically install if needed), inject the relevant safeboot version into the PE image (if you only have one safeboot version or do not mind having mutilple PE images then you may preinject safeboot into the image), unload the updated PE image and reboot to it. This is a little crude at the moment, but is working. You also need ImageX, the safeboot registry keys and sys files if choosing to inject at runtime. I am only using a 32bit PE image regardless of existing OS or target OS.

using System;
    using System.Collections.Generic;
    using System.ComponentModel;
    using System.Data;
    using System.Diagnostics;
    using System.ServiceProcess;
    using System.Text;
    using System.IO;
    using Microsoft.Win32;
    using System.Threading;
    using System.Runtime.InteropServices;

namespace SBORRestart
    {
        public partial class sborrestart : ServiceBase
        {
            private static string LogFile = "c:\\YourLoglocation\\RestartMonitor.log";
            private string ccmLogPath = "C:\\_SMSTaskSequence\\Logs\\smsts.log";
            private Boolean bDone = false;
            private Boolean bReboot = true;
            private string sbLoc = "C:\\Temp\\Safeboot";
            private string WinDir = "C:\\Windows\\System32";
            private string SbVersion = "";
            private string SbV = "";
            private string sOST = "x86";
            private string SbFileVersion = "\\DetectedVersion.txt";
            public sborrestart()
            {
                  InitializeComponent();
            }

protected override void OnStart(string[] args)
            {
                if (File.Exists(ccmLogPath)) { File.Delete(ccmLogPath); }  /* Delete old log */
                Thread RunTh = new Thread(new ThreadStart(this.RunProcess));
                RunTh.Start();
                LogIt("Started");
                SystemEvents.SessionEnding += new SessionEndingEventHandler(SystemEvents_SessionEnding);
             }

protected override void OnStop() { bDone = true; bReboot = false; }

private void RunProcess()
            {
                LogIt("Waiting for " + ccmLogPath);
                do
                {
                    System.Threading.Thread.Sleep(50);  /* We have a number of seconds to restore the MBR */
                    if (File.Exists(ccmLogPath))        /* A filesystemWatcher does not seem to work on this file */
                    {                                   /* The log does not appear until the reboot message is raised */
                        KillProcesses();
                        GetSbversion();
                        RunCMD("Running MBR Restore",sbLoc + "\\V" + SbV + "\\" + sOST + "\\SbWinUpgrade.exe","-SetMbr:" + sbLoc + "\\SafebootMbr.dat",-1);
                        RunCMD("Copy the wimmount driver", "xcopy", sbLoc + "\\imagex\\wimmount.sys " + WinDir + "\\drivers\\*.* /q/i/y",-1); /* The file may exist and be open */
                        RunCMD("Update registry for wimmount", "reg.exe", "import " + sbLoc + "\\imagex\\wimmount.reg", 0);
                        RunCMD("Mount the cached win pe", sbLoc + "\\imagex\\imagex.exe", "/MountRW c:\\_SMSTaskSequence\\WinPE\\Sources\\boot.wim 1 " + sbLoc + "\\Mount", 0);
                        RunCMD("Copy the 32bit Safeboot drivers","xcopy",sbLoc + "\\" + SbVersion + "\\*.sys " + sbLoc + "\\mount\\Windows\\System32\\drivers\\*.* /q/i/y",0);
                        RunCMD("Load the WinPE registry","reg.exe","load HKLM\\SBHive " + sbLoc + "\\mount\\Windows\\System32\\config\\SYSTEM",0);
                        RunCMD("Update1 registry", "reg.exe", "import " + sbLoc + "\\" + SbVersion + "\\Class.reg", 0);
                        RunCMD("Update2 registry", "reg.exe", "import " + sbLoc + "\\" + SbVersion + "\\SafeBoot.reg", 0);
                        RunCMD("Update3 registry", "reg.exe", "import " + sbLoc + "\\" + SbVersion + "\\SBAlg.reg", 0);
                        RunCMD("Unload PE regisrty","reg.exe","unload HKLM\\SBHive",0);
                        RunCMD("Unload WinPE mount", sbLoc + "\\imagex\\imagex.exe", "/UnMount /commit " + sbLoc + "\\Mount", 0); 
                        bDone = true; 
                    }
                } while (bDone.Equals(false));

LogIt("Complete");
                if (bReboot) { RunCMD("Initiate the reboot", "shutdown", "-r -f -t 01", -1); } 
            }

private void LogIt(string message)
            {
                try
                {
                    FileStream fs = new FileStream(LogFile, FileMode.Append, FileAccess.Write, FileShare.None);
                    StreamWriter sFile = new StreamWriter(fs);
                    sFile.WriteLine(DateTime.Now + " " + message);
                    sFile.Flush();
                    sFile.Close();
                }
                catch (Exception)
                {
                }

}

private void RunCMD(string sMSG , string sCMD, string sArgs,int iExpectedRC)
            {
                try
                {
                    int iRC;
                    LogIt(sMSG + ": " + sCMD + " " + sArgs);
                    Process RunCommand = new Process();
                    RunCommand.StartInfo.FileName = sCMD;
                    RunCommand.StartInfo.Arguments = sArgs;
                    RunCommand.StartInfo.UseShellExecute = true;
                    RunCommand.Start();
                    RunCommand.WaitForExit();
                    iRC = RunCommand.ExitCode;
                    LogIt("Exit code: " + iRC);
                    if (iExpectedRC >= 0)
                    {
                        if (iExpectedRC != iRC)
                        {
                            /* Repoint to the existing OS boot sector to try and save the day */
                            LogIt("Previous step failed, will cancel reboot: " + iRC);
                            bReboot = false;
                        }
                    }
                }
                catch (Exception)
                {
                }
            }

private void SystemEvents_SessionEnding(object sender, SessionEndingEventArgs e)
            {
                if (e.Reason == SessionEndReasons.SystemShutdown)
                {
                    if  (bDone.Equals(false))
                    {
                        LogIt("Detected Incorrect Shutdown. Will attempt to cancel it.");
                        e.Cancel = true;
                    }
                }
            }

private void GetSbversion()
            {
                if (System.IO.File.Exists(sbLoc + SbFileVersion))
                {
                    string[] aLines = System.IO.File.ReadAllLines(sbLoc + SbFileVersion);
                    if (aLines.Length > 0)
                    {
                        SbVersion = aLines[0];
                        SbV = SbVersion.Substring(0, 1);
                        /* We will be running in 32bit PE regardless */
                        LogIt("32bit Safe boot version found: \"" + SbVersion + "\"");
                    }
                    else {LogIt("Safe boot file did not contain any data."); }
                }
                else
                { LogIt("Safe boot file containing version did not exist. SBMBRRead should have created this"); }
                /* We are running in 32bit mode so be careful about how we determine OS */
                string sOS = System.Environment.GetEnvironmentVariable("PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE", EnvironmentVariableTarget.Machine);
                LogIt("Os Architecture: " + sOS);
                if (sOS != sOST) { sOST = "x64"; }
                LogIt("Os Architecture found: " + sOS + " OST Set to: " + sOST);
            }

private void KillProcesses()
            {
                RunCMD("Resetting the TS Manager service to noaction", "sc", "failure smstsmgr reset= 86400 actions= ///", 0);
                KillProcess(Process.GetProcessesByName("TSManager")); /* Must kill this first */
                KillProcess(Process.GetProcessesByName("TsProgressUI"));
            }

private void KillProcess(Process[] KillMe)
            {
                foreach (Process uiProcess in KillMe)
                {
                    LogIt(".................Killing process: " + uiProcess.ProcessName);
                    uiProcess.Kill(); 
                }
            }
         }
    }

Monday, October 31, 2011 10:59 AM
  • Thanks for the info, I am testing with a VBS version, however the processes are not terminating.  For testing, I just have a TS that runs with a reboot to WinPE.  I have a vbs that launches the one below, running the script manually does not stop the processes either - any suggestions?

Thanks,

Darcy

strComputer = "."

Set objWMIService = GetObject("winmgmts:{impersonationLevel=impersonate}!\\" & strComputer & "\root\cimv2") 

Set objfso = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")

Set objShell = WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Shell")

testfile="C:\\_SMSTaskSequence\\Logs\\smsts.log"

x=0

Do while x <> 1

if objfso.FileExists(testfile) then

x = 1

end if

wscript.sleep 20

loop

'reboot ready to start, kill TSManager

'change service configuration on failure

strcommand = "sc failure smstsmgr reset= 86400 actions= ///0"

objshell.run strcommand

strProcessKill = "'TSManager.exe'" 

Set colProcess = objWMIService.ExecQuery ("Select * from Win32_Process Where Name = " & strProcessKill )

For Each objProcess in colProcess

objProcess.Terminate()

Next 

strProcessKill = "'TSProgressUI.exe'" 

Set colProcess = objWMIService.ExecQuery ("Select * from Win32_Process Where Name = " & strProcessKill )

For Each objProcess in colProcess

objProcess.Terminate()

Next

Wednesday, November 9, 2011 8:30 PM
  • Thanks AdisH80. It sounds like you are doing what that one McAfee suggest document suggests. I was hoping for something a little more elegant.

Anyway, I ended up just adding a TS Step right before restart step that starts a compiled 2 line autoit script. The script waits until it finds the "System Restart" window which is generated at the very end of the Restart Computer step. Once my exe finds the window, it sets the MBR. It seems to work fine. 

• Edited by hbsurfdog Thursday, November 10, 2011 6:37 PM
    Thursday, November 10, 2011 6:31 PM
  • Thursday, November 10, 2011 8:21 PM
  • I'm having an issue with the "Restore EPE MBR" step under "PostInstall" (McAfee's directions are for MDT and don't explicitly show a SCCM TS). 

AdisH80 where are you putting that step?  The "Setup Windows and ConfigMgr" step/associated reboot is causing me some problems.  I either get "EpePC has been corrupted" or "\windows\system32\winload.exe is missing" depending whether I do the restore before or after "setup windows". 

Thursday, November 10, 2011 8:34 PM
  • This is the part that it gets tricky if you are using a zero touch. Are you using zero touch or light touch?

If you are uzing zero touch then you need to Store the MBR then Restore it. You are basically perserving it through each reboot. So you store it then restore it make sure you are storing it to a right locaton x: or c:. Also this will not work if you do not have hardlinking in place.

Thursday, November 10, 2011 8:52 PM
  • This is the part that it gets tricky if you are using a zero touch. Are you using zero touch or light touch?

If you are uzing zero touch then you need to Store the MBR then Restore it. You are basically perserving it through each reboot. So you store it then restore it make sure you are storing it to a right locaton x: or c:. Also this will not work if you do not have hardlinking in place.

This is ZTI with hardlinking.  I store it at "X:\EpeMbr.dat" before the "Apply OS Image" step.  Do I need to do it again after that or restore it to a different drive (currently X:)?
    Thursday, November 10, 2011 8:59 PM
  • You have to store it before you Apply the image and after as well.

Thursday, November 10, 2011 9:04 PM
  • FWIW..... I'm using ZTI (SCCM) and doing offline USMT with hardlinks. I'm storing the mbr under c:\_SMSTaskSequence and seems to be fine there
    Thursday, November 10, 2011 9:15 PM
  • Ok, still stuck here.  Getting BSOD with "unmountable_boot_volume", "stop 0x000000ED" after the "Setup Windows and ConfigMgr" setup.

Shorten TS:

- Set EPE MBR (C:\_SMSTaskSequence\EpeMbr.dat, script runs it every 10ms while WinPE applying)

- Restart to WinPE

- Save EPEMbr (to X:\EpeMbr.dat)

- Apply OS Image / Drivers

- Set EBE MBR (to X:\EpeMbr.dat)

- Setup Windows and Configr (which reboots PC)    ***fails after this.  SCCM log says it completes "Setup Windows" with exit code 0 and performs systems reboot.  Win7 splash screen loads, then BSOD***

- Set EPE MBR (to X:\EpeMbr.dat.  Not run per logs.  Should this be D:\_SMSTaskSequence anyway?)

- Reboot then do the "State Restore" section

Tuesday, November 15, 2011 3:51 PM
  • Looks like you might be mising the drivers in the wim for win7, or the wim is corrupted.
    Tuesday, November 15, 2011 4:04 PM
  • Looks like you might be mising the drivers in the wim for win7, or the wim is corrupted.

The OS WIM is working in another TS.  In the Boot WIM, I have injected the EE driver (copied from a machine that's encrypted) and made the registry changes.  Since it gets all the way to the ConfigMgr step, it seems those WIMs are good.  Tried emailing McAfee support, but of course got no response...
    Tuesday, November 15, 2011 4:26 PM
  • The OS is working on anther TS since it does not require the safeboot drivers. you need to inject the drivers to both WINPE and WIN7 wim. Also check if you have the correct drivers installed for the specific notebook.
    Tuesday, November 15, 2011 4:32 PM
  • I am stuck one issue. after rebooting into WinPE, While applying the operating system it is restarting Machine and then applying the operating system. so i am lossing macfee Endpoint encryption boot info and i am getting missing operating system. I am trying to do refresh using Mcafee tool without decrypt and encrypt. We use X64 bit OS and X64 Bit Winpe i tried with X86 also the same problem

• Edited by venkatatesh Tuesday, November 22, 2011 2:00 PM
    Tuesday, November 22, 2011 1:57 PM

I am stuck one issue. after rebooting into WinPE, While applying the operating system it is restarting Machine and then applying the operating system. so i am lossing macfee Endpoint encryption boot info and i am getting missing operating system. I am trying to do refresh using Mcafee tool without decrypt and encrypt. We use X64 bit OS and X64 Bit Winpe i tried with X86 also the same problem

Tuesday, November 22, 2011 2:00 PM
  • i'm stuck on this too - Is it not possible to split up the whole "restart to winPE" step or edit it while this is happening?

The solutions here don't make much sense to me... could we get more clarrification on that?

Friday, November 25, 2011 8:45 PM
  • AdisH80 is this the option you used?

c.        Wrap the executable command that restores the Safeboot MBR in a batch file that does the following:

i.      Creates a new process and runs the following

ii.      Restore Safeboot MBR

iii.      Sleep 10ms

iv.      go to ii.

Would you be available to chat about this - or share your script?

You script - where dose it restore the mbr to? X drive?

Tuesday, November 29, 2011 4:24 PM
  • No i have used a vbs that sleeps and executes after certain period of time.
    Tuesday, November 29, 2011 5:13 PM
  • since you are trying to do exactly what i'm trying to do - is there any chance you could share you info?

maybe your task sequence, and your vbs file? there is something i'm really not getting with those insturctions from mcafee.

Why do we have to restore the mbr to c drive if the drive hasn't been touched at this point during a zero touch - sccm re-image. The drive and mbr are intact until after the "apply os" step right?

Tuesday, November 29, 2011 5:17 PM
  • I found so many typos with McAfee's documentation and it is very hard to get through the whole thing. It took me 4 weeks to get the whole process working and you are only at the first key point and there are 3.

You need to go to McAFee and ask them for the process their documentation is not precise.

What you need to do is have to scripts one in task sequence that calls another. The called vbs will sleep and execute the restore safeboot mbr after WinPe wim is layed down. You just have to time it correctly otherwise you end up with missing operating system. After you pass this point that is when it starts to get tricky.

I do consulting, you can contact me anytime.

Tuesday, November 29, 2011 5:28 PM
  • Do you have an email contact? I don't a way to PM you from here.

my contact info john.burke@bellaliant.ca Perhaps we could take this offline.

Tuesday, November 29, 2011 5:39 PM
  • Here is my e-mail baxuz80@gmail.com.
    Tuesday, November 29, 2011 5:42 PM
  • sent a few emails and they don't seem to be going through .

soon as I boot into winpe i get no operating system found error.

I have a task sequence line that calls a vbs that calls another vbs. That runs every 10ms and runs the setmbr c:\safeboot.dat

why isn't this working? I call this right before my "restart to winpe" step in the sccm task sequence.

On Error Resume next
    Dim WshShell,forever,storeMBR
    Set WshShell = WScript.CreateObject("Wscript.Shell")
    forever = 1
    storeMBR = "SbWinUpgrade.exe -setMbr:c:\SafebootMbr.dat"
    Do While forever = 1
     wshshell.Run storeMBR,,True
     wscript.sleep 10

Loop

Wednesday, December 7, 2011 11:07 PM
  • Wednesday, December 7, 2011 11:14 PM
  • restore it to c:\?\

Wednesday, December 7, 2011 11:22 PM
  • i've been attemptnig to restore it even if i put a 5 minute countdown on the restart to winpe step - and run the sbwinupgrade.exe -setmbr manually it just keeps saying that the mbr is safeboot adn cannot be saved as the original mbr

Wednesday, December 7, 2011 11:23 PM
  • Thanks AdisH80. It sounds like you are doing what that one McAfee suggest document suggests. I was hoping for something a little more elegant.

Anyway, I ended up just adding a TS Step right before restart step that starts a compiled 2 line autoit script. The script waits until it finds the "System Restart" window which is generated at the very end of the Restart Computer step. Once my exe finds the window, it sets the MBR. It seems to work fine. 

Do you have the AutoIt code available to share?  I am running into this same stopgap and it would be greatly appreciated.

Wednesday, June 13, 2012 7:50 PM
  • Hey,

I was reading every line in this post for a couple of times while i struggled this myself, i would like to post my solution with version 6.1.3 of mcafee endpoint protection (current ersion), i went with option "C" from the documentation, to the point:

the script (to make the script run in parallel i use "cmd.exe /c start <script.vbs>", without "start" makes the TS wait for script to finish):

forever = 1
    RestoreMBR = "cmd /c C:\EEPC_Utility\EpeWinUpgradeTool.exe -SetMbr c:\EpeMbr.dat >> c:\EpeMbr.log"
    Do While forever = 1
     wscript.sleep 2000
    Loop
    Thanks to the participators of this thread, and Good Luck to anyone else trying this.

• Edited by 'Avi' Thursday, June 14, 2012 2:54 PM
    • Proposed as answer by 'Avi' Thursday, June 14, 2012 2:54 PM
    Thursday, June 14, 2012 2:53 PM
  • Hi Avi,

Do you mind to share your  step by step document guide to me ?

i am currently doing the Windows XP to Windows 7  migration project with using SCCM 2007 via USMT 4 Hardlinking.

Customer is also using mcafee endpoint protection version 6.1.3.

Friday, January 11, 2013 7:47 AM
  • Hi Jacky,

Sure, well i'll focus on the encryption element in the task sequence and i'll mention what OS we're in:

Prep:

- decide whether you will use autoboot function of mcafee - if you do not use it then the user or technician will have to authenticate to PreBoot EPE screen on every restart and depending on how extensive the TS is this can be an annoyance, if you do decide to enable autoboot then do it on policy assigned to container in EPO server that technician either manually insert PCs to or Laptops join automatically based on ex. IP (if every floor has different IP)

- Make sure that the Endpoint Encryption files are part of the XML USMT definitions (don't use config.xml, use migapp / miguser  path with usmt

- make a package with the utilities from the website, call it: McAfee Endpoint Encryption Refresh Tool, contains (i use folder V6\x86 since the OS is 32bit):
    cscript.exe (important to take cscript from a 64bit IF you will use the v6\x64 mcafee utils)
    EpeWinUpgradeTool.exe (from mcafee)
    RunRestore.MBR.vbs
    - distribute package to DPs

- modify PE wim (registry, files etc.) file as per mcafee's instructions and make a folder for utilities same contents as the package on the root of boot.wim, you can do this using a windows 7 computer and running dism /mount-wim to some folder, the wim you want to mount is the winPEx86 image you use (in sccm console PE properties, data source tab)

- modify OS image to also have the drivers and registry

important if you're migrating from XP:
    you might not need to copy EPE drivers from XP machine because the PE in sccm 2007 is vista based and with R3 it's Windows 7 based so you might just need to encrypt a test win7 computer just to grab these drivers

original OS:

- like the screenshot shows i start right before i actually begin the scanstate.exe capture
    and after i captured network, domain etc.

- group of actions start by checking if file C:\Safeboot.rsv exists as a condition (*encryption exists)

- I set a TS Variable to make it easier for me to add steps that relate to encrypted PCs and i don't always rely on the file being there during reboots etc.
    - run command line step to shutdown EPE service: sc.exe stop "McAfee Endpoint Encryption Agent"

- run command line step to make a utility directory with binaries from mcafee website (where the documentation resides): cmd.exe /c md c:\EEPC_Utility
    - run command line step to copy package to the new directory: xcopy /e .\v6\x86\*.* C:\EEPC_Utility\*.* /Y
    step run from package, disable 64bit file redirection
    - run command line step that runs from the new directory (start in) to Store EPE MBR: 
    EpeWinUpgradeTool.exe -SaveMbr c:\EpeMbr.dat
    - run command line step to unlock epe files (again with start in new directory) EpeWinUpgradeTool.exe -SetFileLocks unlock
    - run command line step to unhide epe files (no need for start it this time):
    attrib -r -s -h c:\safeboot.*
    -END of actions, exit group, continue with scanstate

now we are right before the OS restarts to PE, the problem here and what this topic is for is that the restart to PE is a multi action not controllable that does 2 things:
    copy boot.wim and changes the MBR, at least that's how it is in windows 7, our encryption is on windows 7 machines refresh sequence, in XP we used checkpoint but we didn't have a solution for checkpoint since our version was very old without central management server so we had to decrypt xp laptops before they were upgraded, so i these next steps might not be the same for XP

- if the TS variable Encryped = true then i call VBS that loops and continuasly restores the MBR we saved before, this script runs in parallel and the TS continues to the next step
    run command line (start in..., and mark "continue on error")
    cmd /c start RunRestore.MBR.vbs

forever = 1
    Do While forever = 1
     wscript.sleep 2000
    Loop

- step "restart computer" to "the boot image assigned to this TS" 

at this point the computer will restart to winpe, the moments it start you want to save the MBR because the next few steps will be to apply OS wim file

- run command line step (start in folder X:\EEPC_Utility\)
    EpeWinUpgradeTool.exe -SaveMbr x:\EpeMbr.dat
    - apply OS image regularly as you do
    - run command line step to set mbr before restarting:
    EpeWinUpgradeTool.exe -SetMbr x:\EpeMbr.dat (start in X:\EEPC_Utility\)
    - restart

- at this point you can apply windows and network setting, setup configmgr
    - first step should be restoring state (loadstate)
    - hide EPE files: attrib –h c:\safeboot.* (start in C:\)
    - distribute software etc.

- disable autoboot

i hope this helps it works flawlessly for me though it took a while to perfect (example would be if you have steps that handle failure of applying OS image you will need to save and store mbr like i demonstrated).

• Proposed as answer by 'Avi' Friday, January 11, 2013 4:20 PM
    • Marked as answer by Garth JonesMVP Saturday, January 9, 2016 5:27 PM
    Friday, January 11, 2013 4:13 PM
  • Thanks Avi for your fast response and help . appreciate it. do you mind to export out  that working task sequence xml and sent to my email address :- jackychuasiongbian@hotmail.com. Thank you so much. :)
    Friday, January 11, 2013 5:14 PM
  • Hey Jacky,

I guess it would be better to add the xml, i extracted the actions described in the above post.

<?xml version="1.0"?>
    <SmsTaskSequencePackage xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">
      <BootImageID>PRD00001</BootImageID>
      <Category />
      <DependentProgram />
      <Description />
      <Duration>360</Duration>
      <Name>Endpoint Encryption Refresh Example</Name>
      <ProgramFlags>152084496</ProgramFlags>
      <SequenceData>
        <sequence version="3.00">
          <referenceList>
            <reference package="PRD00008" />
            <reference package="PRD000B6" />
            <reference package="PRD000B2" />
            <reference package="PRD000B9" />
            <reference package="PRD00005" />
            <reference package="PRD0000C" program="Install Application" />
          </referenceList>
          <globalVarList>
            <variable name="OSDEnableTCPIPFiltering" property="EnableTCPIPFiltering">false</variable>
            <variable name="OSDAdapterCount" property="NumAdapters">0</variable>
          </globalVarList>
          <group name="Capture Files and Settings" description="Actions to capture files and settings in the original operating system">
            <condition>
              <expression type="SMS_TaskSequence_VariableConditionExpression">
                <variable name="Operator">equals</variable>
                <variable name="Value">false</variable>
                <variable name="Variable">_SMSTSInWinPE</variable>
              </expression>
            </condition>
            <step type="SMS_TaskSequence_CaptureWindowsSettingsAction" name="Capture Windows Settings" description="" runIn="WinPEandFullOS" successCodeList="0">
              <action>osdwinsettings.exe /capture /name:%OSDMigrateComputerName% /reginfo:%OSDMigrateRegistrationInfo% /timezone:%OSDMigrateTimeZone%</action>
              <defaultVarList>
                <variable name="OSDMigrateComputerName" property="MigrateComputerName">true</variable>
                <variable name="OSDMigrateRegistrationInfo" property="MigrateRegistrationInfo">true</variable>
                <variable name="OSDMigrateTimeZone" property="MigrateTimeZone">true</variable>
              </defaultVarList>
            </step>
            <step type="SMS_TaskSequence_CaptureNetworkSettingsAction" name="Capture Network Settings" description="" runIn="FullOS" successCodeList="0">
              <action>osdnetsettings.exe capture netmembership:%OSDMigrateNetworkMembership% adapters:%OSDMigrateAdapterSettings%</action>
              <defaultVarList>
                <variable name="OSDMigrateAdapterSettings" property="MigrateAdapterSettings">true</variable>
                <variable name="OSDMigrateNetworkMembership" property="MigrateNetworkMembership">false</variable>
              </defaultVarList>
            </step>
            <group name="Capture User Files and Settings" description="Capture User Files and Settings">
              <step type="SMS_TaskSequence_SetVariableAction" name="Set Local State Location" description="" runIn="WinPEandFullOS" successCodeList="0">
                <action>tsenv.exe "OSDStateStorePath=%SystemDrive%\UserState"</action>
                <defaultVarList>
                  <variable name="VariableName" property="VariableName" hidden="true">OSDStateStorePath</variable>
                  <variable name="VariableValue" property="VariableValue" hidden="true">%SystemDrive%\UserState</variable>
                </defaultVarList>
              </step>
              <step type="SMS_TaskSequence_SetVariableAction" name="Set USMT Additional Capture Options" description="" runIn="WinPEandFullOS" successCodeList="0">
                <action>tsenv.exe "OSDMigrateAdditionalCaptureOptions=/nocompress /hardlink"</action>
                <defaultVarList>
                  <variable name="VariableName" property="VariableName" hidden="true">OSDMigrateAdditionalCaptureOptions</variable>
                  <variable name="VariableValue" property="VariableValue" hidden="true">/nocompress /hardlink</variable>
                </defaultVarList>
              </step>
              <step type="SMS_TaskSequence_RunCommandLineAction" name="(XP)Copy DlManifests folder to working directory" description="" runIn="WinPEandFullOS" successCodeList="0 3010">
                <condition>
                  <osConditionGroup type="or">
                    <osExpressionGroup type="and" name="All x86 Windows XP">
                      <platformKey arch="X86" type="Win_NT" minVer="5.10.0000.0" maxVer="5.10.9999.9999" />
                      <expression type="SMS_TaskSequence_WMIConditionExpression" ignoreQueryFailure="true">
                        <variable name="Namespace">root\cimv2</variable>
                        <variable name="Query">SELECT * FROM Win32_OperatingSystem WHERE BuildNumber = '2600' AND OSType=18 AND ServicePackMajorVersion &gt;= 2</variable>
                      </expression>
                      <expression type="SMS_TaskSequence_WMIConditionExpression" ignoreQueryFailure="true">
                        <variable name="Namespace">root\cimv2</variable>
                        <variable name="Query">SELECT * FROM Win32_Processor WHERE Architecture=0</variable>
                      </expression>
                    </osExpressionGroup>
                  </osConditionGroup>
                </condition>
                <action>smsswd.exe /run:PRD00008 xcopy /e .\%PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE%\DlManifests\*.* %windir%\system32\DlManifests\*.* /Y</action>
                <defaultVarList>
                  <variable name="CommandLine" property="CommandLine" hidden="true">xcopy /e .\%PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE%\DlManifests\*.* %windir%\system32\DlManifests\*.* /Y</variable>
                  <variable name="SMSTSDisableWow64Redirection" property="DisableWow64Redirection">true</variable>
                  <variable name="PackageID" property="PackageID" hidden="true">PRD00008</variable>
                  <variable name="_SMSTSRunCommandLineAsUser" property="RunAsUser">false</variable>
                  <variable name="SuccessCodes" property="SuccessCodes" hidden="true">0 3010</variable>
                </defaultVarList>
              </step>
              <group name="*Encryption Exist" description="">
                <condition>
                  <operator type="or">
                    <expression type="SMS_TaskSequence_FileConditionExpression">
                      <variable name="Path">C:\Safeboot.rsv</variable>
                    </expression>
                  </operator>
                </condition>
                <step type="SMS_TaskSequence_SetVariableAction" name="Set Task Sequence Variable - Encrypted" description="" runIn="WinPEandFullOS" successCodeList="0">
                  <action>tsenv.exe "Encrypted=True"</action>
                  <defaultVarList>
                    <variable name="VariableName" property="VariableName" hidden="true">Encrypted</variable>
                    <variable name="VariableValue" property="VariableValue" hidden="true">True</variable>
                  </defaultVarList>
                </step>
                <step type="SMS_TaskSequence_RunCommandLineAction" name="Shutdown EPE Host Service" description="" runIn="WinPEandFullOS" successCodeList="0 3010">
                  <action>smsswd.exe /run: sc.exe stop "McAfee Endpoint Encryption Agent"</action>
                  <defaultVarList>
                    <variable name="CommandLine" property="CommandLine" hidden="true">sc.exe stop "McAfee Endpoint Encryption Agent"</variable>
                    <variable name="SMSTSDisableWow64Redirection" property="DisableWow64Redirection">false</variable>
                    <variable name="_SMSTSRunCommandLineAsUser" property="RunAsUser">false</variable>
                    <variable name="SuccessCodes" property="SuccessCodes" hidden="true">0 3010</variable>
                  </defaultVarList>
                </step>
                <step type="SMS_TaskSequence_RunCommandLineAction" name="Make EEPC Util Directory" description="" runIn="WinPEandFullOS" successCodeList="0 3010">
                  <condition>
                    <operator type="not">
                      <expression type="SMS_TaskSequence_FolderConditionExpression">
                        <variable name="Path">c:\EEPC_Utility</variable>
                      </expression>
                    </operator>
                  </condition>
                  <action>smsswd.exe /run: cmd.exe /c md c:\EEPC_Utility</action>
                  <defaultVarList>
                    <variable name="CommandLine" property="CommandLine" hidden="true">cmd.exe /c md c:\EEPC_Utility</variable>
                    <variable name="SMSTSDisableWow64Redirection" property="DisableWow64Redirection">false</variable>
                  </defaultVarList>
                </step>
                <step type="SMS_TaskSequence_RunCommandLineAction" name="Copy Tool" description="" runIn="WinPEandFullOS" successCodeList="0 3010">
                  <action>smsswd.exe /run:PRD000B6 xcopy /e .\v6\x86\*.* C:\EEPC_Utility\*.* /Y</action>
                  <defaultVarList>
                    <variable name="CommandLine" property="CommandLine" hidden="true">xcopy /e .\v6\x86\*.* C:\EEPC_Utility\*.* /Y</variable>
                    <variable name="SMSTSDisableWow64Redirection" property="DisableWow64Redirection">true</variable>
                    <variable name="PackageID" property="PackageID" hidden="true">PRD000B6</variable>
                  </defaultVarList>
                </step>
                <step type="SMS_TaskSequence_RunCommandLineAction" name="Store EPE MBR" description="" runIn="WinPEandFullOS" successCodeList="0 3010">
                  <action>smsswd.exe /run: EpeWinUpgradeTool.exe -SaveMbr c:\EpeMbr.dat</action>
                  <defaultVarList>
                    <variable name="CommandLine" property="CommandLine" hidden="true">EpeWinUpgradeTool.exe -SaveMbr c:\EpeMbr.dat</variable>
                    <variable name="WorkingDirectory" property="WorkingDirectory">C:\EEPC_Utility\</variable>
                  </defaultVarList>
                </step>
                <step type="SMS_TaskSequence_RunCommandLineAction" name="Unlock EPE Files" description="" runIn="WinPEandFullOS" successCodeList="0 3010">
                  <action>smsswd.exe /run: EpeWinUpgradeTool.exe -SetFileLocks unlock</action>
                  <defaultVarList>
                    <variable name="CommandLine" property="CommandLine" hidden="true">EpeWinUpgradeTool.exe -SetFileLocks unlock</variable>
                    <variable name="WorkingDirectory" property="WorkingDirectory">C:\EEPC_Utility\</variable>
                  </defaultVarList>
                </step>
                <step type="SMS_TaskSequence_RunCommandLineAction" name="Unhide EPE Files" description="" runIn="WinPEandFullOS" successCodeList="0 3010">
                  <action>smsswd.exe /run: attrib -r -s -h c:\safeboot.*</action>
                  <defaultVarList>
                    <variable name="CommandLine" property="CommandLine" hidden="true">attrib -r -s -h c:\safeboot.*</variable>
                  </defaultVarList>
                </step>
                <step type="SMS_TaskSequence_CaptureUserStateAction" name="Capture User Files and Settings" description="" runIn="FullOS" successCodeList="0">
                  <action>osdmigrateuserstate.exe /collect /continueOnError:%OSDMigrateContinueOnLockedFiles% /skipefs:%OSDMigrateSkipEncryptedFiles%</action>
                  <defaultVarList>
                    <variable name="OSDMigrateContinueOnLockedFiles" property="ContinueOnLockedFiles">true</variable>
                    <variable name="OSDMigrateEnableVerboseLogging" property="EnableVerboseLogging">true</variable>
                    <variable name="OSDMigrateMode" property="Mode">Simple</variable>
                    <variable name="OSDMigrateSkipEncryptedFiles" property="SkipEncryptedFiles">false</variable>
                    <variable name="_OSDMigrateUsmtPackageID" property="UsmtPackageID">PRD00008</variable>
                  </defaultVarList>
                </step>
                <group name="Install Operating System" description="Actions to run in Windows PE to install and configure the image">
                  <group name="*Encryption Exist" description="">
                    <condition>
                        <variable name="Value">True</variable>
                        <variable name="Variable">Encrypted</variable>
                      </expression>
                    </condition>
                    <step type="SMS_TaskSequence_RunCommandLineAction" name="Restore EPE MBR" description="" continueOnError="true" runIn="WinPEandFullOS" successCodeList="0 3010">
                      <action>smsswd.exe /run: cmd /c start RunRestore.MBR.vbs</action>
                      <defaultVarList>
                        <variable name="CommandLine" property="CommandLine" hidden="true">cmd /c start RunRestore.MBR.vbs</variable>
                      </defaultVarList>
                    </step>
                  </group>
                  <step type="SMS_TaskSequence_RebootAction" name="Restart in Windows PE" description="" runIn="WinPEandFullOS" successCodeList="0">
                    <condition>
                        <variable name="Value">false</variable>
                        <variable name="Variable">_SMSTSInWinPE</variable>
                      </expression>
                    </condition>
                    <action>smsboot.exe /target:WinPE</action>
                    <defaultVarList>
                      <variable name="SMSRebootMessage" property="Message">A new Microsoft Windows operating system is being installed.  The computer must reboot to continue.</variable>
                      <variable name="SMSRebootTimeout" property="MessageTimeout">600</variable>
                      <variable name="SMSRebootTarget" property="Target" hidden="true">WinPE</variable>
                    </defaultVarList>
                  </step>
                  <step type="SMS_TaskSequence_RunCommandLineAction" name="*Store EPE MBR - PE" description="" runIn="WinPEandFullOS" successCodeList="0 3010">
                    <condition>
                      </expression>
                    </condition>
                    <action>smsswd.exe /run: EpeWinUpgradeTool.exe -SaveMbr x:\EpeMbr.dat</action>
                    <defaultVarList>
                      <variable name="CommandLine" property="CommandLine" hidden="true">EpeWinUpgradeTool.exe -SaveMbr x:\EpeMbr.dat</variable>
                      <variable name="WorkingDirectory" property="WorkingDirectory">X:\EEPC_Utility\</variable>
                    </defaultVarList>
                  </step>
                  <group name="Detect Drive Letter of OS" description="">
                    <step type="SMS_TaskSequence_RunCommandLineAction" name="Detect Drive Letter Script" description="Drive Letter will be saved to Variable OSPART" runIn="WinPEandFullOS" successCodeList="0 3010">
                      <action>smsswd.exe /run:PRD000B2 cscript.exe .\Distribution\Scripts\Detect_Drive_Letter.wsf</action>
                      <defaultVarList>
                        <variable name="CommandLine" property="CommandLine" hidden="true">cscript.exe .\Distribution\Scripts\Detect_Drive_Letter.wsf</variable>
                        <variable name="PackageID" property="PackageID" hidden="true">PRD000B2</variable>
                      </defaultVarList>
                    </step>
                  </group>
                  <step type="SMS_TaskSequence_ApplyOperatingSystemAction" name="Apply Operating System to %OSPART%" description="Actions to apply operating system" continueOnError="true" runIn="WinPE" successCodeList="0">
                    <action>OSDApplyOS.exe /image:PRD000B9,%OSDImageIndex% /target:%OSPART%</action>
                    <defaultVarList>
                      <variable name="DestinationVariable" property="DestinationVariable" hidden="true">OSPART</variable>
                      <variable name="OSDImageIndex" property="ImageIndex">1</variable>
                      <variable name="ImagePackageID" property="ImagePackageID" hidden="true">PRD000B9</variable>
                    </defaultVarList>
                  </step>
                  <step type="SMS_TaskSequence_RunCommandLineAction" name="*Restore EPE MBR - PE" description="" runIn="WinPEandFullOS" successCodeList="0 3010">
                    <condition>
                      </expression>
                    </condition>
                    <action>smsswd.exe /run: EpeWinUpgradeTool.exe -SetMbr x:\EpeMbr.dat</action>
                    <defaultVarList>
                      <variable name="CommandLine" property="CommandLine" hidden="true">EpeWinUpgradeTool.exe -SetMbr x:\EpeMbr.dat</variable>
                      <variable name="WorkingDirectory" property="WorkingDirectory">X:\EEPC_Utility\</variable>
                    </defaultVarList>
                  </step>
                  <step type="SMS_TaskSequence_ApplyWindowsSettingsAction" name="Apply Windows Settings" description="Actions to apply windows settings" runIn="WinPE" successCodeList="0">
                    <action>osdwinsettings.exe /config</action>
                    <defaultVarList>
                      <variable name="OSDLocalAdminPassword" property="AdminPassword">
                      </variable>
                      <variable name="OSDComputerName" property="ComputerName">%_SMSTSMachineName%</variable>
                      <variable name="OSDProductKey" property="ProductKey">
                      </variable>
                      <variable name="OSDRandomAdminPassword" property="RandomAdminPassword">false</variable>
                      <variable name="OSDRegisteredOrgName" property="RegisteredOrgName">PRD</variable>
                      <variable name="OSDRegisteredUserName" property="RegisteredUserName">PRD</variable>
                      <variable name="OSDServerLicenseConnectionLimit" property="ServerLicenseConnectionLimit">5</variable>
                      <variable name="OSDTimeZone" property="TimeZone">Israel Standard Time</variable>
                    </defaultVarList>
                  </step>
                  <step type="SMS_TaskSequence_ApplyNetworkSettingsAction" name="Apply Network Settings" description="Actions to configure network settings" runIn="WinPEandFullOS" successCodeList="0">
                    <action>osdnetsettings.exe configure</action>
                    <defaultVarList>
                      <variable name="OSDDomainName" property="DomainName">corp.PRD.com</variable>
                      <variable name="OSDDomainOUName" property="DomainOUName">%OU%</variable>
                      <variable name="OSDJoinPassword" property="DomainPassword">
                      </variable>
                      <variable name="OSDJoinAccount" property="DomainUsername">CORP\sccmadmin.svc.001</variable>
                      <variable name="OSDEnableTCPIPFiltering" property="EnableTCPIPFiltering" hidden="true">false</variable>
                      <variable name="OSDNetworkJoinType" property="NetworkJoinType">0</variable>
                      <variable name="OSDAdapterCount" property="NumAdapters" hidden="true">0</variable>
                    </defaultVarList>
                  </step>
                  <group name="Drivers" description="">
                    <group name="Main Site (Apply Drivers)" description="">
                      <condition>
                        <operator type="and">
                            <variable name="Value">No</variable>
                            <variable name="Variable">Remote</variable>
                          </expression>
                        </operator>
                      </condition>
                      <step type="SMS_TaskSequence_AutoApplyAction" name="Apply Device Drivers" description="" runIn="WinPE" successCodeList="0">
                        <condition>
                            <variable name="Operator">notEquals</variable>
                            <variable name="Value">FullMedia</variable>
                            <variable name="Variable">_SMSTSMediaType</variable>
                          </expression>
                        </condition>
                        <action>osddriverclient.exe /auto /bestmatch:%OSDAutoApplyDriverBestMatch% /unsigned:%OSDAllowUnsignedDriver%</action>
                        <defaultVarList>
                          <variable name="OSDAutoApplyDriverBestMatch" property="BestMatch">true</variable>
                          <variable name="OSDAllowUnsignedDriver" property="UnsignedDriver">true</variable>
                        </defaultVarList>
                      </step>
                    </group>
                  </group>
                  <group name="Setup Operating System" description="Setup Operating System">
                    <step type="SMS_TaskSequence_RunCommandLineAction" name="Check if C:\Windows\Temp Exist and Create" description="" runIn="WinPEandFullOS" successCodeList="0 3010">
                      <condition>
                        <operator type="not">
                            <variable name="Path">%OSPART%\Windows\Temp</variable>
                          </expression>
                        </operator>
                      </condition>
                      <action>smsswd.exe /run: cmd /c md %OSPART%\Windows\Temp</action>
                      <defaultVarList>
                        <variable name="CommandLine" property="CommandLine" hidden="true">cmd /c md %OSPART%\Windows\Temp</variable>
                        <variable name="WorkingDirectory" property="WorkingDirectory">C:\Windows</variable>
                      </defaultVarList>
                    </step>
                    <step type="SMS_TaskSequence_RunCommandLineAction" name="Copy SCCM Patch to C:\Windows\Temp" description="" runIn="WinPEandFullOS" successCodeList="0 3010">
                      <condition>
                        <operator type="and">
                            <variable name="Path">C:\Windows\Temp</variable>
                          </expression>
                        </operator>
                      </condition>
                      <action>smsswd.exe /run:PRD00005 xcopy /e .\i386\hotfix\KB977384\sccm2007ac-sp2-kb977384-x86-enu.msp %OSPART%\Windows\Temp\ /Y</action>
                      <defaultVarList>
                        <variable name="CommandLine" property="CommandLine" hidden="true">xcopy /e .\i386\hotfix\KB977384\sccm2007ac-sp2-kb977384-x86-enu.msp %OSPART%\Windows\Temp\ /Y</variable>
                        <variable name="PackageID" property="PackageID" hidden="true">PRD00005</variable>
                      </defaultVarList>
                    </step>
                    <step type="SMS_TaskSequence_SetupWindowsAndSMSAction" name="Setup windows and ConfigMgr" description="Actions to setup windows and ConfigMgr client" runIn="WinPEandFullOS" successCodeList="0">
                      <action>OSDSetupWindows.exe</action>
                      <defaultVarList>
                        <variable name="SMSClientInstallProperties" property="ClientInstallProperties">PATCH="%OSPART%\Windows\Temp\sccm2007ac-sp2-kb977384-x86-enu.msp"</variable>
                        <variable name="_SMSClientPackageID" property="ClientPackageID">PRD00005</variable>
                      </defaultVarList>
                    </step>
                  </group>
                  <group name="Restore User Files and Settings" description="Restore User Files and Settings" continueOnError="true">
                    <condition>
                        <variable name="Value">USMT</variable>
                        <variable name="Variable">TSDeploymentType</variable>
                      </expression>
                    </condition>
                    <step type="SMS_TaskSequence_SetVariableAction" name="Set USMT Additional Restore Options" description="" runIn="WinPEandFullOS" successCodeList="0">
                      <action>tsenv.exe "OSDMigrateAdditionalRestoreOptions=/nocompress /hardlink"</action>
                      <defaultVarList>
                        <variable name="VariableName" property="VariableName" hidden="true">OSDMigrateAdditionalRestoreOptions</variable>
                        <variable name="VariableValue" property="VariableValue" hidden="true">/nocompress /hardlink</variable>
                      </defaultVarList>
                    </step>
                    <step type="SMS_TaskSequence_RestoreUserStateAction" name="Restore User Files and Settings" description="" continueOnError="true" runIn="FullOS" successCodeList="0">
                      <action>osdmigrateuserstate.exe /apply /continueOnError:%OSDMigrateContinueOnRestore%</action>
                      <defaultVarList>
                        <variable name="OSDMigrateConfigFiles" property="ConfigFiles">MigApp.xml,MigUser.ee.xml</variable>
                        <variable name="OSDMigrateContinueOnRestore" property="ContinueOnRestore">true</variable>
                        <variable name="OSDMigrateEnableVerboseLogging" property="EnableVerboseLogging">true</variable>
                        <variable name="OSDMigrateLocalAccountPassword" property="LocalAccountPassword">
                        </variable>
                        <variable name="OSDMigrateLocalAccounts" property="LocalAccounts">false</variable>
                        <variable name="OSDMigrateMode" property="Mode">Advanced</variable>
                        <variable name="_OSDMigrateUsmtRestorePackageID" property="UsmtRestorePackageID">PRD00008</variable>
                      </defaultVarList>
                    </step>
                    <step type="SMS_TaskSequence_RunCommandLineAction" name="*Hide EPE Files" description="" runIn="WinPEandFullOS" successCodeList="0 3010">
                      <condition>
                        </expression>
                      </condition>
                      <action>smsswd.exe /run: attrib –h c:\safeboot.*</action>
                      <defaultVarList>
                        <variable name="CommandLine" property="CommandLine" hidden="true">attrib –h c:\safeboot.*</variable>
                        <variable name="WorkingDirectory" property="WorkingDirectory">c:\</variable>
                      </defaultVarList>
                    </step>
                    <step type="SMS_TaskSequence_RunCommandLineAction" name="Error Trapping" description="" continueOnError="true" runIn="WinPEandFullOS" successCodeList="0 3010">
                      <condition>
                          <variable name="Value">False</variable>
                          <variable name="Variable">_SMSTSLastActionSucceeded</variable>
                        </expression>
                      </condition>
                      <action>smsswd.exe /run: cmd.exe /c echo "Restoring of files Failed, Please contact IT." &gt;&gt;C:\Windows\Temp\TS.log</action>
                      <defaultVarList>
                        <variable name="CommandLine" property="CommandLine" hidden="true">cmd.exe /c echo "Restoring of files Failed, Please contact IT." &gt;&gt;C:\Windows\Temp\TS.log</variable>
                      </defaultVarList>
                    </step>
                    <step type="SMS_TaskSequence_RunCommandLineAction" name="Delete USMT Store" description="" continueOnError="true" runIn="WinPEandFullOS" successCodeList="0 3010 2">
                      <action>smsswd.exe /run:PRD00008 cmd.exe /c "Delete USMTStore.bat"</action>
                      <defaultVarList>
                        <variable name="CommandLine" property="CommandLine" hidden="true">cmd.exe /c "Delete USMTStore.bat"</variable>
                        <variable name="PackageID" property="PackageID" hidden="true">PRD00008</variable>
                        <variable name="SuccessCodes" property="SuccessCodes" hidden="true">0 3010 2</variable>
                      </defaultVarList>
                    </step>
                    <step type="SMS_TaskSequence_InstallSoftwareAction" name="Install Software Acrobat Reader" description="" runIn="FullOS" successCodeList="0">
                      <action>smsswd.exe /pkg:PRD0000C /install /basevar: /continueOnError:</action>
                      <defaultVarList>
                        <variable name="PackageID" property="PackageID" hidden="true">PRD0000C</variable>
                        <variable name="_SMSSWDProgramName" property="ProgramName">Install Application</variable>
                      </defaultVarList>
                    </step>
                  </group>
                </group>
              </group>
            </group>
          </group>
        </sequence>
      </SequenceData>
      <SourceDate>2013-01-13T10:49:29</SourceDate>
      <SupportedOperatingSystems />
      <IconSize>0</IconSize>
    </SmsTaskSequencePackage>

• Proposed as answer by 'Avi' Sunday, January 13, 2013 9:13 AM
    Sunday, January 13, 2013 9:09 AM
  • Thanks Avi, but i try to copy and paste your xml and try to import , but i fail import your xml to my task sequence. Appreciate if you can send me the xml file . Thanks.

Sunday, January 13, 2013 11:17 AM
  • Hi Jacky,

Did you have success with this?  We're working through it now and are having issues after the reboot into winpe.  Just curious to hear if you managed to get this going.

Thanks!

Friday, January 25, 2013 2:26 PM
  • hi AKa Max Luchs,

Yes I had successfully done the deployment with Avi help. which part you stuck?

Friday, January 25, 2013 3:58 PM
  • Hi Jacky,

We're trying to migrate 32bit to 64bit laptops and are planning to do 64 to 64bit laptops.  We've followed the process described above but the process fails for us on the reboot into Winpe.  We don't get past the reboot.  We have created the EEPC_utility folder and the registry entries, the task sequence seems to work properly until after the reboot and the process tries to save the EPEmbr.dat file which is unsuccessful for us.  Are you using Configuration Manager task sequences or MDT task sequences?  We're using MDT task sequences integrated into Configuration Manager 2012 (pre-SP1) environment.  Any information or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Monday, January 28, 2013 2:43 PM
  • Hi Jacky,

We're trying to migrate 32bit to 64bit laptops and are planning to do 64 to 64bit laptops.  We've followed the process described above but the process fails for us on the reboot into Winpe.  We don't get past the reboot.  We have created the EEPC_utility folder and the registry entries, the task sequence seems to work properly until after the reboot and the process tries to save the EPEmbr.dat file which is unsuccessful for us.  Are you using Configuration Manager task sequences or MDT task sequences?  We're using MDT task sequences integrated into Configuration Manager 2012 (pre-SP1) environment.  Any information or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Correct me if i'm wrong but i don't think hardlink usmt is able to migrate between architectures, and as for the problem you are facing with the reboot, try to incorporate my depicted steps it's very detailed and together with the documentation that McAfee provides i don't see how it's not working.

and if you will create the task sequence in MDT Workbench you will not face this problem (restoring MBR before reboot) because in MDT the process of applying the PE WIM and the actual reboot to the PE are done by separate steps and you can insert the restore MBR step in between them without any difficulty, while in SCCM it's a single step that applies the PE WIM and restarts the PC into PE Environment.

hope that clears some things for you.

edit: also it might be different step in SCCM 2012 which had already been remedied, i haven't tried in SCCM 2012.
    • Edited by 'Avi' Monday, January 28, 2013 3:10 PM
    Monday, January 28, 2013 3:08 PM
  • Hi Aka Max,

Based on my experience before reboot into windows PE you can press F8 to bring out the command prompt and then you use CMtrace32.exe to check the log file under x:\windows\temp\smsts.log. you will see fail to restore MBR  if there is the case you can use the McAfee command base on the McAfee documentation. to restore the MBR.Hope this will help you to get some idea....Keep monitoring the smsts.log you will found some solutions in there.

This is what I do ... 

Monday, January 28, 2013 4:35 PM
  • Thanks, Avi. Followed your steps to the letter and it works great!

By the way, did this in SCCM 2012 SP1 and it works.

Monday, February 25, 2013 2:34 PM
  • Hey Steve, I haven't tried it in SCCM 2012 and i was wondering if the same mechanic of "reboot to winpe" step is used, i'm glad to hear it works.
    Monday, February 25, 2013 4:34 PM
  • Hi Jacky,

Thanks.

First, thanks to everyone who has contributed here, great information!

Avi, your detailed information helped me to put together a working task sequence that I can refresh encrypted drives with. Thanks so much!

aka Max Luchs, we are imaging from 32-bit XP to 64-bit Win7. USMT 4 will migrate files from 32 to 64-bit but will not migrate in reverse order.  Concerning the issue with backing up the MBR, make sure you are using the correct EpeWinUpgradeTool.exe for the architecture that the task sequence is running in when the backup is performed.  For example, if your boot image is 32-bit, make sure you are copying the 32-bit EpeWinUpgradeTool.exe for use on the command line, this is where I was stuck for a while. 

Tuesday, February 26, 2013 4:14 PM
  • Hi

Good Day!

Scenario: Migrating McAfee EEPC encryted XP 32bit systems to Windows 7 64bit using Zero Touch SCCM method along with user data(USMT Hardlink)

Issue: Access denied error when wiping/loading operating system

Preparation steps:

- Created new WinpE 64bit and Windows 7 64bit image updated with drivers and registry as mentioned part of the McAfee article http://kc.mcafee.com/resources/sites/MCAFEE/content/live/PRODUCT_DOCUMENTATION/2 3000/PD23245/en_US/McAfeeEE6x_WindowsOSRefresh_v1_1.pdf

- Created an SCCM Task Sequence to refresh system to Win 7 64bit using USMT hardlink

Testing the task sequence on a non encrypted system working perfectly fine without any issues.

When testing the task sequence on a McAfee EEPC fully encrypted system, it starts throwing all sorts of access denied errors.

Issue 1: Wiping the disk to apply the operating system fails as the disk cannot be wiped due to access denied errors on Windows & Program Files folders

To work around this I created scripts and deployed the scripts to provide permissions on remaining folders but still it wont help in wiping the drive, so finally got around it by renaming the remaining folders and moved the folders to _SMSTaskSequence folder.

Issue 2: After passing the above issue of wiping disks the operating system deployment starts by applying the Windows 7 WIM image and encounters errors again

"WIM error:C:\Windows\winsxs\amd64_microsoft-windows-d..lient-adm.resources_31bf3856 ad364e35_6.1.7600.16385_en-us_936c40cbff4a0ef1. Permissions on the requested may be configured incorrectly."

Failed to run the last action: Apply Operating System. Execution of task sequence failed.

Access is denied. (Error: 80070005; Source: Windows)"

After investating, the EEPC Drivers which are added to the WinPE is stopping from modifying the hard drive, there is some thing missing part of the McAfee documentation.

Any ideas on how to get around this access denied issues?

Thanks!

Tuesday, May 28, 2013 2:27 AM
  • Hi,

Could you provide the smsts.log up to the point you quoted?
    there should be lines "protecting <folder>" or similar,

also when it's not encrypted, without any mcafee component, how do you get around the fact that the pe doesn't wipe "program files" because of access denied?

Tuesday, May 28, 2013 5:46 AM
  • Hi Avi....Attached below is the smsts.log. I used the same PE and deployed the same TS to a non encrypted system and it works perfectly fine, didnt give me any access denied errors. Thanks!

<![LOG[CLibSMSMessageWinHttpTransport::Send: URL: sccmserver.mydomain.com:80  CCM_POST /ccm_system/request]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.064+000" date="05-24-2013" component="TSManager" context="" type="1" thread="1056" file="libsmsmessaging.cpp:7446">
    <![LOG[The request has succeeded. 200 OK]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.189+000" date="05-24-2013" component="TSManager" context="" type="0" thread="1056" file="libsmsmessaging.cpp:7734">
    <![LOG[Set a global environment variable _SMSTSLastActionRetCode=0]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.189+000" date="05-24-2013" component="TSManager" context="" type="0" thread="1056" file="executionenv.cxx:668">
    <![LOG[Set a global environment variable _SMSTSLastActionSucceeded=true]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.189+000" date="05-24-2013" component="TSManager" context="" type="0" thread="1056" file="executionenv.cxx:668">
    <![LOG[Expand a string: %_SMSTSMDataPath%\Logs]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.189+000" date="05-24-2013" component="TSManager" context="" type="0" thread="1056" file="executionenv.cxx:782">
    <![LOG[Clear local default environment]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.189+000" date="05-24-2013" component="TSManager" context="" type="0" thread="1056" file="executionenv.cxx:807">
    <![LOG[Updated security on object C:\_SMSTaskSequence.]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.220+000" date="05-24-2013" component="TSManager" context="" type="1" thread="1056" file="utils.cpp:829">
    <![LOG[Set a global environment variable _SMSTSNextInstructionPointer=35]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.220+000" date="05-24-2013" component="TSManager" context="" type="0" thread="1056" file="executionenv.cxx:668">
    <![LOG[Set a TS execution environment variable _SMSTSNextInstructionPointer=35]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.220+000" date="05-24-2013" component="TSManager" context="" type="0" thread="1056" file="executionenv.cxx:386">
    <![LOG[Set a global environment variable _SMSTSInstructionStackString=28 33]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.220+000" date="05-24-2013" component="TSManager" context="" type="0" thread="1056" file="executionenv.cxx:668">
    <![LOG[Set a TS execution environment variable _SMSTSInstructionStackString=28 33]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.220+000" date="05-24-2013" component="TSManager" context="" type="0" thread="1056" file="executionenv.cxx:414">
    <![LOG[Save the current environment block]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.220+000" date="05-24-2013" component="TSManager" context="" type="0" thread="1056" file="executionenv.cxx:833">
    <![LOG[Successfully save execution state and environment to local hard disk]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.283+000" date="05-24-2013" component="TSManager" context="" type="1" thread="1056" file="engine.cxx:255">
    <![LOG[Start executing an instruciton. Instruction name: Move Folder-1. Instruction pointer: 35]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.283+000" date="05-24-2013" component="TSManager" context="" type="1" thread="1056" file="engine.cxx:117">
    <![LOG[Set a global environment variable _SMSTSCurrentActionName=Move Folder-1]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.283+000" date="05-24-2013" component="TSManager" context="" type="0" thread="1056" file="executionenv.cxx:668">
    <![LOG[Set a global environment variable _SMSTSNextInstructionPointer=35]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.283+000" date="05-24-2013" component="TSManager" context="" type="0" thread="1056" file="executionenv.cxx:668">
    <![LOG[Set a local default variable SMSTSDisableWow64Redirection]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.283+000" date="05-24-2013" component="TSManager" context="" type="0" thread="1056" file="executionenv.cxx:700">
    <![LOG[Set a local default variable _SMSTSRunCommandLineAsUser]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.283+000" date="05-24-2013" component="TSManager" context="" type="0" thread="1056" file="executionenv.cxx:700">
    <![LOG[Set a local default variable WorkingDirectory]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.283+000" date="05-24-2013" component="TSManager" context="" type="0" thread="1056" file="executionenv.cxx:700">
    <![LOG[Set a global environment variable _SMSTSLogPath=X:\windows\TEMP\SMSTSLog]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.283+000" date="05-24-2013" component="TSManager" context="" type="0" thread="1056" file="executionenv.cxx:668">
    <![LOG[Expand a string: smsswd.exe /run: cmd.exe /c move C:\Windows C:\_SMSTaskSequence\Junk1]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.283+000" date="05-24-2013" component="TSManager" context="" type="0" thread="1056" file="executionenv.cxx:782">
    <![LOG[Expand a string: ]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.283+000" date="05-24-2013" component="TSManager" context="" type="0" thread="1056" file="executionenv.cxx:782">
    <![LOG[Command line for extension .exe is "%1" %*]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.283+000" date="05-24-2013" component="TSManager" context="" type="0" thread="1056" file="commandline.cpp:229">
    <![LOG[Set command line: smsswd.exe /run: cmd.exe /c move C:\Windows C:\_SMSTaskSequence\Junk1]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.283+000" date="05-24-2013" component="TSManager" context="" type="0" thread="1056" file="commandline.cpp:707">
    <![LOG[Start executing the command line: smsswd.exe /run: cmd.exe /c move C:\Windows C:\_SMSTaskSequence\Junk1]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.283+000" date="05-24-2013" component="TSManager" context="" type="1" thread="1056" file="instruction.cxx:2928">
    <![LOG[!--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------!]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.283+000" date="05-24-2013" component="TSManager" context="" type="1" thread="1056" file="instruction.cxx:2957">
    <![LOG[Expand a string: WinPEandFullOS]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.283+000" date="05-24-2013" component="TSManager" context="" type="0" thread="1056" file="executionenv.cxx:782">
    <![LOG[Executing command line: smsswd.exe /run: cmd.exe /c move C:\Windows C:\_SMSTaskSequence\Junk1]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.283+000" date="05-24-2013" component="TSManager" context="" type="1" thread="1056" file="commandline.cpp:805">
    <![LOG[=======================[ smsswd.exe ] =======================]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.298+000" date="05-24-2013" component="InstallSoftware" context="" type="1" thread="1916" file="main.cpp:303">
    <![LOG[PackageID = '']LOG]!><time="10:50:22.298+000" date="05-24-2013" component="InstallSoftware" context="" type="1" thread="1916" file="main.cpp:332">
    <![LOG[BaseVar   = '', ContinueOnError='']LOG]!><time="10:50:22.298+000" date="05-24-2013" component="InstallSoftware" context="" type="1" thread="1916" file="main.cpp:333">
    <![LOG[SwdAction = '0001']LOG]!><time="10:50:22.298+000" date="05-24-2013" component="InstallSoftware" context="" type="1" thread="1916" file="main.cpp:334">
    <![LOG[Command line for extension .exe is "%1" %*]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.314+000" date="05-24-2013" component="InstallSoftware" context="" type="0" thread="1916" file="commandline.cpp:229">
    <![LOG[Set command line: Run command line]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.314+000" date="05-24-2013" component="InstallSoftware" context="" type="0" thread="1916" file="commandline.cpp:707">
    <![LOG[Working dir 'C:\']LOG]!><time="10:50:22.314+000" date="05-24-2013" component="InstallSoftware" context="" type="1" thread="1916" file="runcommandline.cpp:542">
    <![LOG[Executing command line: Run command line]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.314+000" date="05-24-2013" component="InstallSoftware" context="" type="1" thread="1916" file="commandline.cpp:805">
    <![LOG[Process completed with exit code 0]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.314+000" date="05-24-2013" component="InstallSoftware" context="" type="1" thread="1916" file="commandline.cpp:1102">
    <![LOG[        1 dir(s) moved.]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.314+000" date="05-24-2013" component="InstallSoftware" context="" type="1" thread="1916" file="runcommandline.cpp:34">
    <![LOG[Command line returned 0]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.314+000" date="05-24-2013" component="InstallSoftware" context="" type="1" thread="1916" file="runcommandline.cpp:565">
    <![LOG[Process completed with exit code 0]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.329+000" date="05-24-2013" component="TSManager" context="" type="1" thread="1056" file="commandline.cpp:1102">
    <![LOG[!--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------!]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.329+000" date="05-24-2013" component="TSManager" context="" type="1" thread="1056" file="instruction.cxx:3010">
    <![LOG[Successfully complete the action (Move Folder-1) with the exit win32 code 0]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.329+000" date="05-24-2013" component="TSManager" context="" type="1" thread="1056" file="instruction.cxx:3036">
    <![LOG[Sending status message . . .]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.329+000" date="05-24-2013" component="TSManager" context="" type="1" thread="1056" file="utility.cxx:292">
    <![LOG[Send a task execution status message SMS_TSExecution_ActionCompleteInfo]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.329+000" date="05-24-2013" component="TSManager" context="" type="1" thread="1056" file="utility.cxx:314">
    <![LOG[MP server sccmserver.mydomain.com and port 80. SSL=false. CRL=false.]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.329+000" date="05-24-2013" component="TSManager" context="" type="1" thread="1056" file="utility.cxx:458">
    <![LOG[Site code: PE1]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.329+000" date="05-24-2013" component="TSManager" context="" type="1" thread="1056" file="utility.cxx:489">
    <![LOG[Client machine name: PC-12044]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.329+000" date="05-24-2013" component="TSManager" context="" type="1" thread="1056" file="utility.cxx:494">
    <![LOG[Client Identity: GUID:C699DF47-CCD9-4BC8-B814-E14BCF550AF2]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.329+000" date="05-24-2013" component="TSManager" context="" type="1" thread="1056" file="utility.cxx:496">
    <![LOG[Advertisement ID: PE1227A1]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.329+000" date="05-24-2013" component="TSManager" context="" type="1" thread="1056" file="utility.cxx:505">
    <![LOG[Package ID: PE100AA6]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.329+000" date="05-24-2013" component="TSManager" context="" type="1" thread="1056" file="utility.cxx:507">
    <![LOG[Sending StatusMessage]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.345+000" date="05-24-2013" component="TSManager" context="" type="1" thread="1056" file="libsmsmessaging.cpp:3806">
    <![LOG[Formatted header:]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.345+000" date="05-24-2013" component="TSManager" context="" type="1" thread="1056" file="libsmsmessaging.cpp:1500">
    <![LOG[<Msg SchemaVersion="1.1" ReplyCompression="zlib"><ID/><SourceID>GUID:C699DF47-CCD9-4BC8-B814-E14BCF550AF2</SourceID><SourceHost/><TargetAddress>mp:[http]MP_StatusManager</TargetAddress><ReplyTo>direct:OSD</ReplyTo><Priority>3</Priority><Timeout>3600</Timeout><SentTime>2013-05-24T18:50:22Z</SentTime><Protocol>http</Protocol><Body Type="ByteRange" Offset="0" Length="2150"/><Hooks/><Payload Type="inline"/><TargetHost/><TargetEndpoint>StatusReceiver</TargetEndpoint><ReplyMode>Sync</ReplyMode><CorrelationID/></Msg>
    ]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.345+000" date="05-24-2013" component="TSManager" context="" type="1" thread="1056" file="libsmsmessaging.cpp:1501">
    <![LOG[CLibSMSMessageWinHttpTransport::Send: URL: sccmserver.mydomain.com:80  CCM_POST /ccm_system/request]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.345+000" date="05-24-2013" component="TSManager" context="" type="1" thread="1056" file="libsmsmessaging.cpp:7446">
    <![LOG[The request has succeeded. 200 OK]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.407+000" date="05-24-2013" component="TSManager" context="" type="0" thread="1056" file="libsmsmessaging.cpp:7734">
    <![LOG[Set a global environment variable _SMSTSLastActionRetCode=0]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.407+000" date="05-24-2013" component="TSManager" context="" type="0" thread="1056" file="executionenv.cxx:668">
    <![LOG[Set a global environment variable _SMSTSLastActionSucceeded=true]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.407+000" date="05-24-2013" component="TSManager" context="" type="0" thread="1056" file="executionenv.cxx:668">
    <![LOG[Expand a string: %_SMSTSMDataPath%\Logs]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.407+000" date="05-24-2013" component="TSManager" context="" type="0" thread="1056" file="executionenv.cxx:782">
    <![LOG[Clear local default environment]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.407+000" date="05-24-2013" component="TSManager" context="" type="0" thread="1056" file="executionenv.cxx:807">
    <![LOG[Updated security on object C:\_SMSTaskSequence.]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.423+000" date="05-24-2013" component="TSManager" context="" type="1" thread="1056" file="utils.cpp:829">
    <![LOG[Set a global environment variable _SMSTSNextInstructionPointer=36]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.423+000" date="05-24-2013" component="TSManager" context="" type="0" thread="1056" file="executionenv.cxx:668">
    <![LOG[Set a TS execution environment variable _SMSTSNextInstructionPointer=36]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.439+000" date="05-24-2013" component="TSManager" context="" type="0" thread="1056" file="executionenv.cxx:386">
    <![LOG[Set a global environment variable _SMSTSInstructionStackString=28 33]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.439+000" date="05-24-2013" component="TSManager" context="" type="0" thread="1056" file="executionenv.cxx:668">
    <![LOG[Set a TS execution environment variable _SMSTSInstructionStackString=28 33]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.439+000" date="05-24-2013" component="TSManager" context="" type="0" thread="1056" file="executionenv.cxx:414">
    <![LOG[Save the current environment block]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.439+000" date="05-24-2013" component="TSManager" context="" type="0" thread="1056" file="executionenv.cxx:833">
    <![LOG[Successfully save execution state and environment to local hard disk]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.485+000" date="05-24-2013" component="TSManager" context="" type="1" thread="1056" file="engine.cxx:255">
    <![LOG[Start executing an instruciton. Instruction name: Move Folder-2. Instruction pointer: 36]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.501+000" date="05-24-2013" component="TSManager" context="" type="1" thread="1056" file="engine.cxx:117">
    <![LOG[Set a global environment variable _SMSTSCurrentActionName=Move Folder-2]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.501+000" date="05-24-2013" component="TSManager" context="" type="0" thread="1056" file="executionenv.cxx:668">
    <![LOG[Set a global environment variable _SMSTSNextInstructionPointer=36]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.501+000" date="05-24-2013" component="TSManager" context="" type="0" thread="1056" file="executionenv.cxx:668">
    <![LOG[Set a local default variable SMSTSDisableWow64Redirection]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.501+000" date="05-24-2013" component="TSManager" context="" type="0" thread="1056" file="executionenv.cxx:700">
    <![LOG[Set a local default variable _SMSTSRunCommandLineAsUser]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.501+000" date="05-24-2013" component="TSManager" context="" type="0" thread="1056" file="executionenv.cxx:700">
    <![LOG[Set a local default variable WorkingDirectory]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.501+000" date="05-24-2013" component="TSManager" context="" type="0" thread="1056" file="executionenv.cxx:700">
    <![LOG[Set a global environment variable _SMSTSLogPath=X:\windows\TEMP\SMSTSLog]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.501+000" date="05-24-2013" component="TSManager" context="" type="0" thread="1056" file="executionenv.cxx:668">
    <![LOG[Expand a string: smsswd.exe /run: cmd.exe /c move "C:\Program Files"  C:\_SMSTaskSequence\Junk2]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.501+000" date="05-24-2013" component="TSManager" context="" type="0" thread="1056" file="executionenv.cxx:782">
    <![LOG[Expand a string: ]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.501+000" date="05-24-2013" component="TSManager" context="" type="0" thread="1056" file="executionenv.cxx:782">
    <![LOG[Command line for extension .exe is "%1" %*]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.501+000" date="05-24-2013" component="TSManager" context="" type="0" thread="1056" file="commandline.cpp:229">
    <![LOG[Set command line: smsswd.exe /run: cmd.exe /c move "C:\Program Files"  C:\_SMSTaskSequence\Junk2]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.501+000" date="05-24-2013" component="TSManager" context="" type="0" thread="1056" file="commandline.cpp:707">
    <![LOG[Start executing the command line: smsswd.exe /run: cmd.exe /c move "C:\Program Files"  C:\_SMSTaskSequence\Junk2]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.501+000" date="05-24-2013" component="TSManager" context="" type="1" thread="1056" file="instruction.cxx:2928">
    <![LOG[!--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------!]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.501+000" date="05-24-2013" component="TSManager" context="" type="1" thread="1056" file="instruction.cxx:2957">
    <![LOG[Expand a string: WinPEandFullOS]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.501+000" date="05-24-2013" component="TSManager" context="" type="0" thread="1056" file="executionenv.cxx:782">
    <![LOG[Executing command line: smsswd.exe /run: cmd.exe /c move "C:\Program Files"  C:\_SMSTaskSequence\Junk2]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.501+000" date="05-24-2013" component="TSManager" context="" type="1" thread="1056" file="commandline.cpp:805">
    <![LOG[=======================[ smsswd.exe ] =======================]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.517+000" date="05-24-2013" component="InstallSoftware" context="" type="1" thread="1952" file="main.cpp:303">
    <![LOG[PackageID = '']LOG]!><time="10:50:22.517+000" date="05-24-2013" component="InstallSoftware" context="" type="1" thread="1952" file="main.cpp:332">
    <![LOG[BaseVar   = '', ContinueOnError='']LOG]!><time="10:50:22.517+000" date="05-24-2013" component="InstallSoftware" context="" type="1" thread="1952" file="main.cpp:333">
    <![LOG[SwdAction = '0001']LOG]!><time="10:50:22.517+000" date="05-24-2013" component="InstallSoftware" context="" type="1" thread="1952" file="main.cpp:334">
    <![LOG[Command line for extension .exe is "%1" %*]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.532+000" date="05-24-2013" component="InstallSoftware" context="" type="0" thread="1952" file="commandline.cpp:229">
    <![LOG[Set command line: Run command line]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.532+000" date="05-24-2013" component="InstallSoftware" context="" type="0" thread="1952" file="commandline.cpp:707">
    <![LOG[Working dir 'C:\']LOG]!><time="10:50:22.532+000" date="05-24-2013" component="InstallSoftware" context="" type="1" thread="1952" file="runcommandline.cpp:542">
    <![LOG[Executing command line: Run command line]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.532+000" date="05-24-2013" component="InstallSoftware" context="" type="1" thread="1952" file="commandline.cpp:805">
    <![LOG[Process completed with exit code 0]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.532+000" date="05-24-2013" component="InstallSoftware" context="" type="1" thread="1952" file="commandline.cpp:1102">
    <![LOG[        1 dir(s) moved.]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.532+000" date="05-24-2013" component="InstallSoftware" context="" type="1" thread="1952" file="runcommandline.cpp:34">
    <![LOG[Command line returned 0]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.532+000" date="05-24-2013" component="InstallSoftware" context="" type="1" thread="1952" file="runcommandline.cpp:565">
    <![LOG[Process completed with exit code 0]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.532+000" date="05-24-2013" component="TSManager" context="" type="1" thread="1056" file="commandline.cpp:1102">
    <![LOG[!--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------!]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.532+000" date="05-24-2013" component="TSManager" context="" type="1" thread="1056" file="instruction.cxx:3010">
    <![LOG[Successfully complete the action (Move Folder-2) with the exit win32 code 0]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.532+000" date="05-24-2013" component="TSManager" context="" type="1" thread="1056" file="instruction.cxx:3036">
    <![LOG[Sending status message . . .]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.532+000" date="05-24-2013" component="TSManager" context="" type="1" thread="1056" file="utility.cxx:292">
    <![LOG[Send a task execution status message SMS_TSExecution_ActionCompleteInfo]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.548+000" date="05-24-2013" component="TSManager" context="" type="1" thread="1056" file="utility.cxx:314">
    <![LOG[MP server sccmserver.mydomain.com and port 80. SSL=false. CRL=false.]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.548+000" date="05-24-2013" component="TSManager" context="" type="1" thread="1056" file="utility.cxx:458">
    <![LOG[Site code: PE1]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.548+000" date="05-24-2013" component="TSManager" context="" type="1" thread="1056" file="utility.cxx:489">
    <![LOG[Client machine name: PC-12033]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.548+000" date="05-24-2013" component="TSManager" context="" type="1" thread="1056" file="utility.cxx:494">
    <![LOG[Client Identity: GUID:C699DF47-CCD9-4BC8-B814-E14BCF550AF2]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.548+000" date="05-24-2013" component="TSManager" context="" type="1" thread="1056" file="utility.cxx:496">
    <![LOG[Advertisement ID: PE1227A1]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.548+000" date="05-24-2013" component="TSManager" context="" type="1" thread="1056" file="utility.cxx:505">
    <![LOG[Package ID: PE100AA6]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.548+000" date="05-24-2013" component="TSManager" context="" type="1" thread="1056" file="utility.cxx:507">
    <![LOG[Sending StatusMessage]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.563+000" date="05-24-2013" component="TSManager" context="" type="1" thread="1056" file="libsmsmessaging.cpp:3806">
    <![LOG[Formatted header:]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.563+000" date="05-24-2013" component="TSManager" context="" type="1" thread="1056" file="libsmsmessaging.cpp:1500">
    <![LOG[<Msg SchemaVersion="1.1" ReplyCompression="zlib"><ID/><SourceID>GUID:C699DF47-CCD9-4BC8-B814-E14BCF550AF2</SourceID><SourceHost/><TargetAddress>mp:[http]MP_StatusManager</TargetAddress><ReplyTo>direct:OSD</ReplyTo><Priority>3</Priority><Timeout>3600</Timeout><SentTime>2013-05-24T18:50:22Z</SentTime><Protocol>http</Protocol><Body Type="ByteRange" Offset="0" Length="2150"/><Hooks/><Payload Type="inline"/><TargetHost/><TargetEndpoint>StatusReceiver</TargetEndpoint><ReplyMode>Sync</ReplyMode><CorrelationID/></Msg>
    ]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.563+000" date="05-24-2013" component="TSManager" context="" type="1" thread="1056" file="libsmsmessaging.cpp:1501">
    <![LOG[CLibSMSMessageWinHttpTransport::Send: URL: sccmserver.mydomain.com:80  CCM_POST /ccm_system/request]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.563+000" date="05-24-2013" component="TSManager" context="" type="1" thread="1056" file="libsmsmessaging.cpp:7446">
    <![LOG[The request has succeeded. 200 OK]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.610+000" date="05-24-2013" component="TSManager" context="" type="0" thread="1056" file="libsmsmessaging.cpp:7734">
    <![LOG[Set a global environment variable _SMSTSLastActionRetCode=0]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.610+000" date="05-24-2013" component="TSManager" context="" type="0" thread="1056" file="executionenv.cxx:668">
    <![LOG[Set a global environment variable _SMSTSLastActionSucceeded=true]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.610+000" date="05-24-2013" component="TSManager" context="" type="0" thread="1056" file="executionenv.cxx:668">
    <![LOG[Expand a string: %_SMSTSMDataPath%\Logs]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.626+000" date="05-24-2013" component="TSManager" context="" type="0" thread="1056" file="executionenv.cxx:782">
    <![LOG[Clear local default environment]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.626+000" date="05-24-2013" component="TSManager" context="" type="0" thread="1056" file="executionenv.cxx:807">
    <![LOG[Updated security on object C:\_SMSTaskSequence.]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.641+000" date="05-24-2013" component="TSManager" context="" type="1" thread="1056" file="utils.cpp:829">
    <![LOG[Set a global environment variable _SMSTSNextInstructionPointer=37]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.641+000" date="05-24-2013" component="TSManager" context="" type="0" thread="1056" file="executionenv.cxx:668">
    <![LOG[Set a TS execution environment variable _SMSTSNextInstructionPointer=37]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.641+000" date="05-24-2013" component="TSManager" context="" type="0" thread="1056" file="executionenv.cxx:386">
    <![LOG[Set a global environment variable _SMSTSInstructionStackString=28 33]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.641+000" date="05-24-2013" component="TSManager" context="" type="0" thread="1056" file="executionenv.cxx:668">
    <![LOG[Set a TS execution environment variable _SMSTSInstructionStackString=28 33]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.641+000" date="05-24-2013" component="TSManager" context="" type="0" thread="1056" file="executionenv.cxx:414">
    <![LOG[Save the current environment block]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.641+000" date="05-24-2013" component="TSManager" context="" type="0" thread="1056" file="executionenv.cxx:833">
    <![LOG[Successfully save execution state and environment to local hard disk]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.704+000" date="05-24-2013" component="TSManager" context="" type="1" thread="1056" file="engine.cxx:255">
    <![LOG[Start executing an instruciton. Instruction name: Apply Operating System. Instruction pointer: 37]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.704+000" date="05-24-2013" component="TSManager" context="" type="1" thread="1056" file="engine.cxx:117">
    <![LOG[Set a global environment variable _SMSTSCurrentActionName=Apply Operating System]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.704+000" date="05-24-2013" component="TSManager" context="" type="0" thread="1056" file="executionenv.cxx:668">
    <![LOG[Set a global environment variable _SMSTSNextInstructionPointer=37]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.704+000" date="05-24-2013" component="TSManager" context="" type="0" thread="1056" file="executionenv.cxx:668">
    <![LOG[Set a local default variable OSDConfigFileName]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.704+000" date="05-24-2013" component="TSManager" context="" type="0" thread="1056" file="executionenv.cxx:700">
    <![LOG[Set a local default variable OSDImageIndex]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.704+000" date="05-24-2013" component="TSManager" context="" type="0" thread="1056" file="executionenv.cxx:700">
    <![LOG[Set a global environment variable _SMSTSLogPath=X:\windows\TEMP\SMSTSLog]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.704+000" date="05-24-2013" component="TSManager" context="" type="0" thread="1056" file="executionenv.cxx:668">
    <![LOG[Expand a string: OSDApplyOS.exe /image:PE100A80,%OSDImageIndex% "/config:PE1008F7,%OSDConfigFileName%" /target:C:]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.704+000" date="05-24-2013" component="TSManager" context="" type="0" thread="1056" file="executionenv.cxx:782">
    <![LOG[Expand a string: ]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.719+000" date="05-24-2013" component="TSManager" context="" type="0" thread="1056" file="executionenv.cxx:782">
    <![LOG[Command line for extension .exe is "%1" %*]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.719+000" date="05-24-2013" component="TSManager" context="" type="0" thread="1056" file="commandline.cpp:229">
    <![LOG[Set command line: OSDApplyOS.exe /image:PE100A80,%OSDImageIndex% "/config:PE1008F7,%OSDConfigFileName%" /target:C:]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.719+000" date="05-24-2013" component="TSManager" context="" type="0" thread="1056" file="commandline.cpp:707">
    <![LOG[Start executing the command line: OSDApplyOS.exe /image:PE100A80,%OSDImageIndex% "/config:PE1008F7,%OSDConfigFileName%" /target:C:]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.719+000" date="05-24-2013" component="TSManager" context="" type="1" thread="1056" file="instruction.cxx:2928">
    <![LOG[!--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------!]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.719+000" date="05-24-2013" component="TSManager" context="" type="1" thread="1056" file="instruction.cxx:2957">
    <![LOG[Expand a string: WinPE]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.719+000" date="05-24-2013" component="TSManager" context="" type="0" thread="1056" file="executionenv.cxx:782">
    <![LOG[Executing command line: OSDApplyOS.exe /image:PE100A80,%OSDImageIndex% "/config:PE1008F7,%OSDConfigFileName%" /target:C:]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.719+000" date="05-24-2013" component="TSManager" context="" type="1" thread="1056" file="commandline.cpp:805">
    <![LOG[Command line for extension .exe is "%1" %*]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.735+000" date="05-24-2013" component="ApplyOperatingSystem" context="" type="0" thread="1988" file="commandline.cpp:229">
    <![LOG[Set command line: "OSDApplyOS.exe" /image:PE100A80,1 "/config:PE1008F7,Unattend.xml" /target:C:]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.735+000" date="05-24-2013" component="ApplyOperatingSystem" context="" type="0" thread="1988" file="commandline.cpp:707">
    <![LOG[Not a data image]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.735+000" date="05-24-2013" component="ApplyOperatingSystem" context="" type="0" thread="1988" file="applyos.cpp:320">
    <![LOG[ApplyOSRetry: ]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.735+000" date="05-24-2013" component="ApplyOperatingSystem" context="" type="0" thread="1988" file="applyos.cpp:331">
    <![LOG[TSLaunchMode: SMS]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.735+000" date="05-24-2013" component="ApplyOperatingSystem" context="" type="0" thread="1988" file="applyos.cpp:332">
    <![LOG[OSDUseAlreadyDeployedImage: FALSE]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.735+000" date="05-24-2013" component="ApplyOperatingSystem" context="" type="0" thread="1988" file="applyos.cpp:333">
    <![LOG[The volume C:\ exists and is a local hard drive.]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.735+000" date="05-24-2013" component="ApplyOperatingSystem" context="" type="1" thread="1988" file="installcommon.cpp:554">
    <![LOG[The volume C:\ is using a valid file system.]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.813+000" date="05-24-2013" component="ApplyOperatingSystem" context="" type="1" thread="1988" file="installcommon.cpp:586">
    <![LOG[Verifying boot volume is NTFS.]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.844+000" date="05-24-2013" component="ApplyOperatingSystem" context="" type="0" thread="1988" file="installcommon.cpp:740">
    <![LOG[Succeeded loading resource DLL 'X:\sms\bin\x64\1033\TSRES.DLL']LOG]!><time="10:50:22.844+000" date="05-24-2013" component="ApplyOperatingSystem" context="" type="1" thread="1988" file="util.cpp:869">
    <![LOG[The machine does not have a local client cache.]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.844+000" date="05-24-2013" component="ApplyOperatingSystem" context="" type="0" thread="1988" file="installcommon.cpp:998">
    <![LOG[Found the location for the package _SMSTSPE100A80. The location is on \\PE-app.mydomain.com\SMSPKGD$\PE100A80\ with default account]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.844+000" date="05-24-2013" component="ApplyOperatingSystem" context="" type="1" thread="1988" file="resolvesource.cpp:2243">
    <![LOG[Connection request for "<time="10:50:22.844+000">\\PE-app.mydomain.com\SMSPKGD$\PE100A80"]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.844+000" date="05-24-2013" component="ApplyOperatingSystem" context="" type="1" thread="1988" file="tsconnection.cpp:208">
    <![LOG[No credentials available for connecting to "\\PE-app.mydomain.com\SMSPKGD$\PE100A80". See whether the share has already been connected.]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.844+000" date="05-24-2013" component="ApplyOperatingSystem" context="" type="1" thread="1988" file="tsconnection.cpp:233">
    <![LOG[Connecting to "<time="10:50:22.844+000">\\PE-app.mydomain.com\SMSPKGD$\PE100A80"]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.844+000" date="05-24-2013" component="ApplyOperatingSystem" context="" type="1" thread="1988" file="tsconnection.cpp:268">
    <![LOG[Successfully connected to "<time="10:50:22.844+000">\\PE-app.mydomain.com\SMSPKGD$\PE100A80"]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.844+000" date="05-24-2013" component="ApplyOperatingSystem" context="" type="1" thread="1988" file="tsconnection.cpp:287">
    <![LOG[Opening image file <time="10:50:46.541+000">\\PE-app.mydomain.com\SMSPKGD$\PE100A80\PE_W7SP1TEST.wim]LOG]!><time="10:50:46.541+000" date="05-24-2013" component="ApplyOperatingSystem" context="" type="1" thread="1988" file="wimfile.cpp:312">
    <![LOG[Entering ReleaseSource() for \\PE-app.mydomain.com\SMSPKGD$\PE100A80\ before releasing]LOG]!><time="10:50:46.556+000" date="05-24-2013" component="ApplyOperatingSystem" context="" type="1" thread="1988" file="resolvesource.cpp:3438">
    <![LOG[Released the resolved source

Tuesday, May 28, 2013 7:27 PM
  • Hi Avi

Here is the smsts.log, the same TS works fine in a non encrypted system without any access denied errors.

<![LOG[CLibSMSMessageWinHttpTransport::Send: URL: sccmserver.mydomain.com:80  CCM_POST /ccm_system/request]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.064+000" date="05-24-2013" component="TSManager" context="" type="1" thread="1056" file="libsmsmessaging.cpp:7446">
    <![LOG[The request has succeeded. 200 OK]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.189+000" date="05-24-2013" component="TSManager" context="" type="0" thread="1056" file="libsmsmessaging.cpp:7734">
    <![LOG[Set a global environment variable _SMSTSLastActionRetCode=0]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.189+000" date="05-24-2013" component="TSManager" context="" type="0" thread="1056" file="executionenv.cxx:668">
    <![LOG[Set a global environment variable _SMSTSLastActionSucceeded=true]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.189+000" date="05-24-2013" component="TSManager" context="" type="0" thread="1056" file="executionenv.cxx:668">
    <![LOG[Expand a string: %_SMSTSMDataPath%\Logs]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.189+000" date="05-24-2013" component="TSManager" context="" type="0" thread="1056" file="executionenv.cxx:782">
    <![LOG[Clear local default environment]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.189+000" date="05-24-2013" component="TSManager" context="" type="0" thread="1056" file="executionenv.cxx:807">
    <![LOG[Updated security on object C:\_SMSTaskSequence.]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.220+000" date="05-24-2013" component="TSManager" context="" type="1" thread="1056" file="utils.cpp:829">
    <![LOG[Set a global environment variable _SMSTSNextInstructionPointer=35]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.220+000" date="05-24-2013" component="TSManager" context="" type="0" thread="1056" file="executionenv.cxx:668">
    <![LOG[Set a TS execution environment variable _SMSTSNextInstructionPointer=35]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.220+000" date="05-24-2013" component="TSManager" context="" type="0" thread="1056" file="executionenv.cxx:386">
    <![LOG[Set a global environment variable _SMSTSInstructionStackString=28 33]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.220+000" date="05-24-2013" component="TSManager" context="" type="0" thread="1056" file="executionenv.cxx:668">
    <![LOG[Set a TS execution environment variable _SMSTSInstructionStackString=28 33]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.220+000" date="05-24-2013" component="TSManager" context="" type="0" thread="1056" file="executionenv.cxx:414">
    <![LOG[Save the current environment block]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.220+000" date="05-24-2013" component="TSManager" context="" type="0" thread="1056" file="executionenv.cxx:833">
    <![LOG[Successfully save execution state and environment to local hard disk]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.283+000" date="05-24-2013" component="TSManager" context="" type="1" thread="1056" file="engine.cxx:255">
    <![LOG[Start executing an instruciton. Instruction name: Move Folder-1. Instruction pointer: 35]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.283+000" date="05-24-2013" component="TSManager" context="" type="1" thread="1056" file="engine.cxx:117">
    <![LOG[Set a global environment variable _SMSTSCurrentActionName=Move Folder-1]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.283+000" date="05-24-2013" component="TSManager" context="" type="0" thread="1056" file="executionenv.cxx:668">
    <![LOG[Set a global environment variable _SMSTSNextInstructionPointer=35]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.283+000" date="05-24-2013" component="TSManager" context="" type="0" thread="1056" file="executionenv.cxx:668">
    <![LOG[Set a local default variable SMSTSDisableWow64Redirection]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.283+000" date="05-24-2013" component="TSManager" context="" type="0" thread="1056" file="executionenv.cxx:700">
    <![LOG[Set a local default variable _SMSTSRunCommandLineAsUser]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.283+000" date="05-24-2013" component="TSManager" context="" type="0" thread="1056" file="executionenv.cxx:700">
    <![LOG[Set a local default variable WorkingDirectory]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.283+000" date="05-24-2013" component="TSManager" context="" type="0" thread="1056" file="executionenv.cxx:700">
    <![LOG[Set a global environment variable _SMSTSLogPath=X:\windows\TEMP\SMSTSLog]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.283+000" date="05-24-2013" component="TSManager" context="" type="0" thread="1056" file="executionenv.cxx:668">
    <![LOG[Expand a string: smsswd.exe /run: cmd.exe /c move C:\Windows C:\_SMSTaskSequence\Junk1]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.283+000" date="05-24-2013" component="TSManager" context="" type="0" thread="1056" file="executionenv.cxx:782">
    <![LOG[Expand a string: ]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.283+000" date="05-24-2013" component="TSManager" context="" type="0" thread="1056" file="executionenv.cxx:782">
    <![LOG[Command line for extension .exe is "%1" %*]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.283+000" date="05-24-2013" component="TSManager" context="" type="0" thread="1056" file="commandline.cpp:229">
    <![LOG[Set command line: smsswd.exe /run: cmd.exe /c move C:\Windows C:\_SMSTaskSequence\Junk1]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.283+000" date="05-24-2013" component="TSManager" context="" type="0" thread="1056" file="commandline.cpp:707">
    <![LOG[Start executing the command line: smsswd.exe /run: cmd.exe /c move C:\Windows C:\_SMSTaskSequence\Junk1]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.283+000" date="05-24-2013" component="TSManager" context="" type="1" thread="1056" file="instruction.cxx:2928">
    <![LOG[!--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------!]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.283+000" date="05-24-2013" component="TSManager" context="" type="1" thread="1056" file="instruction.cxx:2957">
    <![LOG[Expand a string: WinPEandFullOS]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.283+000" date="05-24-2013" component="TSManager" context="" type="0" thread="1056" file="executionenv.cxx:782">
    <![LOG[Executing command line: smsswd.exe /run: cmd.exe /c move C:\Windows C:\_SMSTaskSequence\Junk1]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.283+000" date="05-24-2013" component="TSManager" context="" type="1" thread="1056" file="commandline.cpp:805">
    <![LOG[=======================[ smsswd.exe ] =======================]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.298+000" date="05-24-2013" component="InstallSoftware" context="" type="1" thread="1916" file="main.cpp:303">
    <![LOG[PackageID = '']LOG]!><time="10:50:22.298+000" date="05-24-2013" component="InstallSoftware" context="" type="1" thread="1916" file="main.cpp:332">
    <![LOG[BaseVar   = '', ContinueOnError='']LOG]!><time="10:50:22.298+000" date="05-24-2013" component="InstallSoftware" context="" type="1" thread="1916" file="main.cpp:333">
    <![LOG[SwdAction = '0001']LOG]!><time="10:50:22.298+000" date="05-24-2013" component="InstallSoftware" context="" type="1" thread="1916" file="main.cpp:334">
    <![LOG[Command line for extension .exe is "%1" %*]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.314+000" date="05-24-2013" component="InstallSoftware" context="" type="0" thread="1916" file="commandline.cpp:229">
    <![LOG[Set command line: Run command line]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.314+000" date="05-24-2013" component="InstallSoftware" context="" type="0" thread="1916" file="commandline.cpp:707">
    <![LOG[Working dir 'C:\']LOG]!><time="10:50:22.314+000" date="05-24-2013" component="InstallSoftware" context="" type="1" thread="1916" file="runcommandline.cpp:542">
    <![LOG[Executing command line: Run command line]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.314+000" date="05-24-2013" component="InstallSoftware" context="" type="1" thread="1916" file="commandline.cpp:805">
    <![LOG[Process completed with exit code 0]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.314+000" date="05-24-2013" component="InstallSoftware" context="" type="1" thread="1916" file="commandline.cpp:1102">
    <![LOG[        1 dir(s) moved.]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.314+000" date="05-24-2013" component="InstallSoftware" context="" type="1" thread="1916" file="runcommandline.cpp:34">
    <![LOG[Command line returned 0]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.314+000" date="05-24-2013" component="InstallSoftware" context="" type="1" thread="1916" file="runcommandline.cpp:565">
    <![LOG[Process completed with exit code 0]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.329+000" date="05-24-2013" component="TSManager" context="" type="1" thread="1056" file="commandline.cpp:1102">
    <![LOG[!--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------!]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.329+000" date="05-24-2013" component="TSManager" context="" type="1" thread="1056" file="instruction.cxx:3010">
    <![LOG[Successfully complete the action (Move Folder-1) with the exit win32 code 0]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.329+000" date="05-24-2013" component="TSManager" context="" type="1" thread="1056" file="instruction.cxx:3036">
    <![LOG[Sending status message . . .]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.329+000" date="05-24-2013" component="TSManager" context="" type="1" thread="1056" file="utility.cxx:292">
    <![LOG[Send a task execution status message SMS_TSExecution_ActionCompleteInfo]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.329+000" date="05-24-2013" component="TSManager" context="" type="1" thread="1056" file="utility.cxx:314">
    <![LOG[MP server sccmserver.mydomain.com and port 80. SSL=false. CRL=false.]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.329+000" date="05-24-2013" component="TSManager" context="" type="1" thread="1056" file="utility.cxx:458">
    <![LOG[Site code: PE1]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.329+000" date="05-24-2013" component="TSManager" context="" type="1" thread="1056" file="utility.cxx:489">
    <![LOG[Client machine name: PC-12044]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.329+000" date="05-24-2013" component="TSManager" context="" type="1" thread="1056" file="utility.cxx:494">
    <![LOG[Client Identity: GUID:C699DF47-CCD9-4BC8-B814-E14BCF550AF2]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.329+000" date="05-24-2013" component="TSManager" context="" type="1" thread="1056" file="utility.cxx:496">
    <![LOG[Advertisement ID: PE1227A1]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.329+000" date="05-24-2013" component="TSManager" context="" type="1" thread="1056" file="utility.cxx:505">
    <![LOG[Package ID: PE100AA6]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.329+000" date="05-24-2013" component="TSManager" context="" type="1" thread="1056" file="utility.cxx:507">
    <![LOG[Sending StatusMessage]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.345+000" date="05-24-2013" component="TSManager" context="" type="1" thread="1056" file="libsmsmessaging.cpp:3806">
    <![LOG[Formatted header:]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.345+000" date="05-24-2013" component="TSManager" context="" type="1" thread="1056" file="libsmsmessaging.cpp:1500">
    ]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.345+000" date="05-24-2013" component="TSManager" context="" type="1" thread="1056" file="libsmsmessaging.cpp:1501">
    <![LOG[CLibSMSMessageWinHttpTransport::Send: URL: sccmserver.mydomain.com:80  CCM_POST /ccm_system/request]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.345+000" date="05-24-2013" component="TSManager" context="" type="1" thread="1056" file="libsmsmessaging.cpp:7446">
    <![LOG[The request has succeeded. 200 OK]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.407+000" date="05-24-2013" component="TSManager" context="" type="0" thread="1056" file="libsmsmessaging.cpp:7734">
    <![LOG[Set a global environment variable _SMSTSLastActionRetCode=0]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.407+000" date="05-24-2013" component="TSManager" context="" type="0" thread="1056" file="executionenv.cxx:668">
    <![LOG[Set a global environment variable _SMSTSLastActionSucceeded=true]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.407+000" date="05-24-2013" component="TSManager" context="" type="0" thread="1056" file="executionenv.cxx:668">
    <![LOG[Expand a string: %_SMSTSMDataPath%\Logs]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.407+000" date="05-24-2013" component="TSManager" context="" type="0" thread="1056" file="executionenv.cxx:782">
    <![LOG[Clear local default environment]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.407+000" date="05-24-2013" component="TSManager" context="" type="0" thread="1056" file="executionenv.cxx:807">
    <![LOG[Updated security on object C:\_SMSTaskSequence.]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.423+000" date="05-24-2013" component="TSManager" context="" type="1" thread="1056" file="utils.cpp:829">
    <![LOG[Set a global environment variable _SMSTSNextInstructionPointer=36]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.423+000" date="05-24-2013" component="TSManager" context="" type="0" thread="1056" file="executionenv.cxx:668">
    <![LOG[Set a TS execution environment variable _SMSTSNextInstructionPointer=36]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.439+000" date="05-24-2013" component="TSManager" context="" type="0" thread="1056" file="executionenv.cxx:386">
    <![LOG[Set a global environment variable _SMSTSInstructionStackString=28 33]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.439+000" date="05-24-2013" component="TSManager" context="" type="0" thread="1056" file="executionenv.cxx:668">
    <![LOG[Set a TS execution environment variable _SMSTSInstructionStackString=28 33]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.439+000" date="05-24-2013" component="TSManager" context="" type="0" thread="1056" file="executionenv.cxx:414">
    <![LOG[Save the current environment block]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.439+000" date="05-24-2013" component="TSManager" context="" type="0" thread="1056" file="executionenv.cxx:833">
    <![LOG[Successfully save execution state and environment to local hard disk]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.485+000" date="05-24-2013" component="TSManager" context="" type="1" thread="1056" file="engine.cxx:255">
    <![LOG[Start executing an instruciton. Instruction name: Move Folder-2. Instruction pointer: 36]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.501+000" date="05-24-2013" component="TSManager" context="" type="1" thread="1056" file="engine.cxx:117">
    <![LOG[Set a global environment variable _SMSTSCurrentActionName=Move Folder-2]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.501+000" date="05-24-2013" component="TSManager" context="" type="0" thread="1056" file="executionenv.cxx:668">
    <![LOG[Set a global environment variable _SMSTSNextInstructionPointer=36]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.501+000" date="05-24-2013" component="TSManager" context="" type="0" thread="1056" file="executionenv.cxx:668">
    <![LOG[Set a local default variable SMSTSDisableWow64Redirection]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.501+000" date="05-24-2013" component="TSManager" context="" type="0" thread="1056" file="executionenv.cxx:700">
    <![LOG[Set a local default variable _SMSTSRunCommandLineAsUser]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.501+000" date="05-24-2013" component="TSManager" context="" type="0" thread="1056" file="executionenv.cxx:700">
    <![LOG[Set a local default variable WorkingDirectory]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.501+000" date="05-24-2013" component="TSManager" context="" type="0" thread="1056" file="executionenv.cxx:700">
    <![LOG[Set a global environment variable _SMSTSLogPath=X:\windows\TEMP\SMSTSLog]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.501+000" date="05-24-2013" component="TSManager" context="" type="0" thread="1056" file="executionenv.cxx:668">
    <![LOG[Expand a string: smsswd.exe /run: cmd.exe /c move "C:\Program Files"  C:\_SMSTaskSequence\Junk2]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.501+000" date="05-24-2013" component="TSManager" context="" type="0" thread="1056" file="executionenv.cxx:782">
    <![LOG[Expand a string: ]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.501+000" date="05-24-2013" component="TSManager" context="" type="0" thread="1056" file="executionenv.cxx:782">
    <![LOG[Command line for extension .exe is "%1" %*]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.501+000" date="05-24-2013" component="TSManager" context="" type="0" thread="1056" file="commandline.cpp:229">
    <![LOG[Set command line: smsswd.exe /run: cmd.exe /c move "C:\Program Files"  C:\_SMSTaskSequence\Junk2]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.501+000" date="05-24-2013" component="TSManager" context="" type="0" thread="1056" file="commandline.cpp:707">
    <![LOG[Start executing the command line: smsswd.exe /run: cmd.exe /c move "C:\Program Files"  C:\_SMSTaskSequence\Junk2]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.501+000" date="05-24-2013" component="TSManager" context="" type="1" thread="1056" file="instruction.cxx:2928">
    <![LOG[!--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------!]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.501+000" date="05-24-2013" component="TSManager" context="" type="1" thread="1056" file="instruction.cxx:2957">
    <![LOG[Expand a string: WinPEandFullOS]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.501+000" date="05-24-2013" component="TSManager" context="" type="0" thread="1056" file="executionenv.cxx:782">
    <![LOG[Executing command line: smsswd.exe /run: cmd.exe /c move "C:\Program Files"  C:\_SMSTaskSequence\Junk2]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.501+000" date="05-24-2013" component="TSManager" context="" type="1" thread="1056" file="commandline.cpp:805">
    <![LOG[=======================[ smsswd.exe ] =======================]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.517+000" date="05-24-2013" component="InstallSoftware" context="" type="1" thread="1952" file="main.cpp:303">
    <![LOG[PackageID = '']LOG]!><time="10:50:22.517+000" date="05-24-2013" component="InstallSoftware" context="" type="1" thread="1952" file="main.cpp:332">
    <![LOG[BaseVar   = '', ContinueOnError='']LOG]!><time="10:50:22.517+000" date="05-24-2013" component="InstallSoftware" context="" type="1" thread="1952" file="main.cpp:333">
    <![LOG[SwdAction = '0001']LOG]!><time="10:50:22.517+000" date="05-24-2013" component="InstallSoftware" context="" type="1" thread="1952" file="main.cpp:334">
    <![LOG[Command line for extension .exe is "%1" %*]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.532+000" date="05-24-2013" component="InstallSoftware" context="" type="0" thread="1952" file="commandline.cpp:229">
    <![LOG[Set command line: Run command line]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.532+000" date="05-24-2013" component="InstallSoftware" context="" type="0" thread="1952" file="commandline.cpp:707">
    <![LOG[Working dir 'C:\']LOG]!><time="10:50:22.532+000" date="05-24-2013" component="InstallSoftware" context="" type="1" thread="1952" file="runcommandline.cpp:542">
    <![LOG[Executing command line: Run command line]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.532+000" date="05-24-2013" component="InstallSoftware" context="" type="1" thread="1952" file="commandline.cpp:805">
    <![LOG[Process completed with exit code 0]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.532+000" date="05-24-2013" component="InstallSoftware" context="" type="1" thread="1952" file="commandline.cpp:1102">
    <![LOG[        1 dir(s) moved.]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.532+000" date="05-24-2013" component="InstallSoftware" context="" type="1" thread="1952" file="runcommandline.cpp:34">
    <![LOG[Command line returned 0]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.532+000" date="05-24-2013" component="InstallSoftware" context="" type="1" thread="1952" file="runcommandline.cpp:565">
    <![LOG[Process completed with exit code 0]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.532+000" date="05-24-2013" component="TSManager" context="" type="1" thread="1056" file="commandline.cpp:1102">
    <![LOG[!--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------!]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.532+000" date="05-24-2013" component="TSManager" context="" type="1" thread="1056" file="instruction.cxx:3010">
    <![LOG[Successfully complete the action (Move Folder-2) with the exit win32 code 0]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.532+000" date="05-24-2013" component="TSManager" context="" type="1" thread="1056" file="instruction.cxx:3036">
    <![LOG[Sending status message . . .]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.532+000" date="05-24-2013" component="TSManager" context="" type="1" thread="1056" file="utility.cxx:292">
    <![LOG[Send a task execution status message SMS_TSExecution_ActionCompleteInfo]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.548+000" date="05-24-2013" component="TSManager" context="" type="1" thread="1056" file="utility.cxx:314">
    <![LOG[MP server sccmserver.mydomain.com and port 80. SSL=false. CRL=false.]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.548+000" date="05-24-2013" component="TSManager" context="" type="1" thread="1056" file="utility.cxx:458">
    <![LOG[Site code: PE1]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.548+000" date="05-24-2013" component="TSManager" context="" type="1" thread="1056" file="utility.cxx:489">
    <![LOG[Client machine name: PC-12033]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.548+000" date="05-24-2013" component="TSManager" context="" type="1" thread="1056" file="utility.cxx:494">
    <![LOG[Client Identity: GUID:C699DF47-CCD9-4BC8-B814-E14BCF550AF2]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.548+000" date="05-24-2013" component="TSManager" context="" type="1" thread="1056" file="utility.cxx:496">
    <![LOG[Advertisement ID: PE1227A1]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.548+000" date="05-24-2013" component="TSManager" context="" type="1" thread="1056" file="utility.cxx:505">
    <![LOG[Package ID: PE100AA6]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.548+000" date="05-24-2013" component="TSManager" context="" type="1" thread="1056" file="utility.cxx:507">
    <![LOG[Sending StatusMessage]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.563+000" date="05-24-2013" component="TSManager" context="" type="1" thread="1056" file="libsmsmessaging.cpp:3806">
    <![LOG[Formatted header:]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.563+000" date="05-24-2013" component="TSManager" context="" type="1" thread="1056" file="libsmsmessaging.cpp:1500">
    ]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.563+000" date="05-24-2013" component="TSManager" context="" type="1" thread="1056" file="libsmsmessaging.cpp:1501">
    <![LOG[CLibSMSMessageWinHttpTransport::Send: URL: sccmserver.mydomain.com:80  CCM_POST /ccm_system/request]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.563+000" date="05-24-2013" component="TSManager" context="" type="1" thread="1056" file="libsmsmessaging.cpp:7446">
    <![LOG[The request has succeeded. 200 OK]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.610+000" date="05-24-2013" component="TSManager" context="" type="0" thread="1056" file="libsmsmessaging.cpp:7734">
    <![LOG[Set a global environment variable _SMSTSLastActionRetCode=0]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.610+000" date="05-24-2013" component="TSManager" context="" type="0" thread="1056" file="executionenv.cxx:668">
    <![LOG[Set a global environment variable _SMSTSLastActionSucceeded=true]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.610+000" date="05-24-2013" component="TSManager" context="" type="0" thread="1056" file="executionenv.cxx:668">
    <![LOG[Expand a string: %_SMSTSMDataPath%\Logs]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.626+000" date="05-24-2013" component="TSManager" context="" type="0" thread="1056" file="executionenv.cxx:782">
    <![LOG[Clear local default environment]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.626+000" date="05-24-2013" component="TSManager" context="" type="0" thread="1056" file="executionenv.cxx:807">
    <![LOG[Updated security on object C:\_SMSTaskSequence.]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.641+000" date="05-24-2013" component="TSManager" context="" type="1" thread="1056" file="utils.cpp:829">
    <![LOG[Set a global environment variable _SMSTSNextInstructionPointer=37]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.641+000" date="05-24-2013" component="TSManager" context="" type="0" thread="1056" file="executionenv.cxx:668">
    <![LOG[Set a TS execution environment variable _SMSTSNextInstructionPointer=37]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.641+000" date="05-24-2013" component="TSManager" context="" type="0" thread="1056" file="executionenv.cxx:386">
    <![LOG[Set a global environment variable _SMSTSInstructionStackString=28 33]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.641+000" date="05-24-2013" component="TSManager" context="" type="0" thread="1056" file="executionenv.cxx:668">
    <![LOG[Set a TS execution environment variable _SMSTSInstructionStackString=28 33]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.641+000" date="05-24-2013" component="TSManager" context="" type="0" thread="1056" file="executionenv.cxx:414">
    <![LOG[Save the current environment block]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.641+000" date="05-24-2013" component="TSManager" context="" type="0" thread="1056" file="executionenv.cxx:833">
    <![LOG[Successfully save execution state and environment to local hard disk]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.704+000" date="05-24-2013" component="TSManager" context="" type="1" thread="1056" file="engine.cxx:255">
    <![LOG[Start executing an instruciton. Instruction name: Apply Operating System. Instruction pointer: 37]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.704+000" date="05-24-2013" component="TSManager" context="" type="1" thread="1056" file="engine.cxx:117">
    <![LOG[Set a global environment variable _SMSTSCurrentActionName=Apply Operating System]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.704+000" date="05-24-2013" component="TSManager" context="" type="0" thread="1056" file="executionenv.cxx:668">
    <![LOG[Set a global environment variable _SMSTSNextInstructionPointer=37]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.704+000" date="05-24-2013" component="TSManager" context="" type="0" thread="1056" file="executionenv.cxx:668">
    <![LOG[Set a local default variable OSDConfigFileName]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.704+000" date="05-24-2013" component="TSManager" context="" type="0" thread="1056" file="executionenv.cxx:700">
    <![LOG[Set a local default variable OSDImageIndex]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.704+000" date="05-24-2013" component="TSManager" context="" type="0" thread="1056" file="executionenv.cxx:700">
    <![LOG[Set a global environment variable _SMSTSLogPath=X:\windows\TEMP\SMSTSLog]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.704+000" date="05-24-2013" component="TSManager" context="" type="0" thread="1056" file="executionenv.cxx:668">
    <![LOG[Expand a string: OSDApplyOS.exe /image:PE100A80,%OSDImageIndex% "/config:PE1008F7,%OSDConfigFileName%" /target:C:]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.704+000" date="05-24-2013" component="TSManager" context="" type="0" thread="1056" file="executionenv.cxx:782">
    <![LOG[Expand a string: ]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.719+000" date="05-24-2013" component="TSManager" context="" type="0" thread="1056" file="executionenv.cxx:782">
    <![LOG[Command line for extension .exe is "%1" %*]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.719+000" date="05-24-2013" component="TSManager" context="" type="0" thread="1056" file="commandline.cpp:229">
    <![LOG[Set command line: OSDApplyOS.exe /image:PE100A80,%OSDImageIndex% "/config:PE1008F7,%OSDConfigFileName%" /target:C:]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.719+000" date="05-24-2013" component="TSManager" context="" type="0" thread="1056" file="commandline.cpp:707">
    <![LOG[Start executing the command line: OSDApplyOS.exe /image:PE100A80,%OSDImageIndex% "/config:PE1008F7,%OSDConfigFileName%" /target:C:]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.719+000" date="05-24-2013" component="TSManager" context="" type="1" thread="1056" file="instruction.cxx:2928">
    <![LOG[!--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------!]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.719+000" date="05-24-2013" component="TSManager" context="" type="1" thread="1056" file="instruction.cxx:2957">
    <![LOG[Expand a string: WinPE]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.719+000" date="05-24-2013" component="TSManager" context="" type="0" thread="1056" file="executionenv.cxx:782">
    <![LOG[Executing command line: OSDApplyOS.exe /image:PE100A80,%OSDImageIndex% "/config:PE1008F7,%OSDConfigFileName%" /target:C:]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.719+000" date="05-24-2013" component="TSManager" context="" type="1" thread="1056" file="commandline.cpp:805">
    <![LOG[Command line for extension .exe is "%1" %*]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.735+000" date="05-24-2013" component="ApplyOperatingSystem" context="" type="0" thread="1988" file="commandline.cpp:229">
    <![LOG[Set command line: "OSDApplyOS.exe" /image:PE100A80,1 "/config:PE1008F7,Unattend.xml" /target:C:]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.735+000" date="05-24-2013" component="ApplyOperatingSystem" context="" type="0" thread="1988" file="commandline.cpp:707">
    <![LOG[Not a data image]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.735+000" date="05-24-2013" component="ApplyOperatingSystem" context="" type="0" thread="1988" file="applyos.cpp:320">
    <![LOG[ApplyOSRetry: ]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.735+000" date="05-24-2013" component="ApplyOperatingSystem" context="" type="0" thread="1988" file="applyos.cpp:331">
    <![LOG[TSLaunchMode: SMS]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.735+000" date="05-24-2013" component="ApplyOperatingSystem" context="" type="0" thread="1988" file="applyos.cpp:332">
    <![LOG[OSDUseAlreadyDeployedImage: FALSE]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.735+000" date="05-24-2013" component="ApplyOperatingSystem" context="" type="0" thread="1988" file="applyos.cpp:333">
    <![LOG[The volume C:\ exists and is a local hard drive.]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.735+000" date="05-24-2013" component="ApplyOperatingSystem" context="" type="1" thread="1988" file="installcommon.cpp:554">
    <![LOG[The volume C:\ is using a valid file system.]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.813+000" date="05-24-2013" component="ApplyOperatingSystem" context="" type="1" thread="1988" file="installcommon.cpp:586">
    <![LOG[Verifying boot volume is NTFS.]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.844+000" date="05-24-2013" component="ApplyOperatingSystem" context="" type="0" thread="1988" file="installcommon.cpp:740">
    <![LOG[Succeeded loading resource DLL 'X:\sms\bin\x64\1033\TSRES.DLL']LOG]!><time="10:50:22.844+000" date="05-24-2013" component="ApplyOperatingSystem" context="" type="1" thread="1988" file="util.cpp:869">
    <![LOG[The machine does not have a local client cache.]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.844+000" date="05-24-2013" component="ApplyOperatingSystem" context="" type="0" thread="1988" file="installcommon.cpp:998">
    <![LOG[Found the location for the package _SMSTSPE100A80. The location is on \\PE-app.mydomain.com\SMSPKGD$\PE100A80\ with default account]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.844+000" date="05-24-2013" component="ApplyOperatingSystem" context="" type="1" thread="1988" file="resolvesource.cpp:2243">
    <![LOG[Connection request for "<time="10:50:22.844+000">\\PE-app.mydomain.com\SMSPKGD$\PE100A80"]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.844+000" date="05-24-2013" component="ApplyOperatingSystem" context="" type="1" thread="1988" file="tsconnection.cpp:208">
    <![LOG[No credentials available for connecting to "\\PE-app.mydomain.com\SMSPKGD$\PE100A80". See whether the share has already been connected.]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.844+000" date="05-24-2013" component="ApplyOperatingSystem" context="" type="1" thread="1988" file="tsconnection.cpp:233">
    <![LOG[Connecting to "<time="10:50:22.844+000">\\PE-app.mydomain.com\SMSPKGD$\PE100A80"]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.844+000" date="05-24-2013" component="ApplyOperatingSystem" context="" type="1" thread="1988" file="tsconnection.cpp:268">
    <![LOG[Successfully connected to "<time="10:50:22.844+000">\\PE-app.mydomain.com\SMSPKGD$\PE100A80"]LOG]!><time="10:50:22.844+000" date="05-24-2013" component="ApplyOperatingSystem" context="" type="1" thread="1988" file="tsconnection.cpp:287">
    <![LOG[Opening image file <time="10:50:46.541+000">\\PE-app.mydomain.com\SMSPKGD$\PE100A80\PE_W7SP1TEST.wim]LOG]!><time="10:50:46.541+000" date="05-24-2013" component="ApplyOperatingSystem" context="" type="1" thread="1988" file="wimfile.cpp:312">
    <![LOG[Entering ReleaseSource() for \\PE-app.mydomain.com\SMSPKGD$\PE100A80\ before releasing]LOG]!><time="10:50:46.556+000" date="05-24-2013" component="ApplyOperatingSystem" context="" type="1" thread="1988" file="resolvesource.cpp:3438">
    <![LOG[Released the resolved source

Tuesday, May 28, 2013 7:31 PM
  • Hi,

Why would you move stuff into C:\_SMSTaskSequence? if you need to keep files why won't you include them in the usmt xml files?

Wednesday, May 29, 2013 10:57 AM
  • Thanks, Avi. Followed your steps to the letter and it works great!

By the way, did this in SCCM 2012 SP1 and it works.

Any chance you could provide an export (metadata only) of your 2012 Sp1 task sequence? Obviously youd want to whack out anything company specific..

Will

Tuesday, June 25, 2013 3:38 PM
  • Has anyone got this to work with EE v6.22 yet ? I see posts above mentioning EE v6.1.

I'm just curious as I have EE v6.22 and I need to use the same method as above. The Refresh tool shows it is for 6.x so I'm assuming it should work.

Thanks for replies and for sharing all the info above. It helped me more than just having the McAfee guide alone.

Wednesday, July 31, 2013 6:49 PM
  • Hi Avi/Steve,

I am also trying to follow the steps that Avi mentioned, but unfortunately I dont get ahead post the first restart. I am using SCCM 2012 Sp1 R2. 

I used the script that you had suggested to store the MBR, hoping it would work, but it doesnt.

Few things that I have  been doing,

- using Winpe 3.1 - because R2 wont let you use WinPE 5.0 (bootsect.exe problem)

- using x86 version of the tool and WinPE (WinPE has the drivers needed to read the encrypted drive)

- Version of McAfee EE- 6.2  something.

Please let me know if you can help. I am willing to share the TS, if you think it will help.

Regards,

-h-

-If Life gives you lemons, make lemonade

Wednesday, March 12, 2014 1:25 PM
  • I did get this to work with SCCM 2012 (not R2 yet) and McAfee v6.22

If you use the script that was posted above you should be able to get to C:\EpeMbr.log and see if the script is running properly right before WinPE boots.

Make sure to double check you have included the right version drivers and not mixing x86 and x64 drivers anywhere that will cause trouble for sure.

This was the script I used which was posted above.

forever
    = 1
    RestoreMBR
    = "cmd /c C:\EEPC_Utility\EpeWinUpgradeTool.exe -SetMbr c:\EpeMbr.dat >> c:\EpeMbr.log"
    Do While forever = 1
    wshshell
    .Run RestoreMBR,1,true
    wscript
    .sleep 2000
    Loop

Wednesday, March 12, 2014 9:53 PM
  • Hi -H-,

I can't see how sharing won't be useful, just remove password and identifying factors.

Wednesday, March 19, 2014 9:41 AM