none
The download failed because the content downloaded to the client does not match the content specified in the content source. RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hello all,

     

    I am running into an issue that is throwing me for a bit of a loop. I have searched and found similar issues posted but i dont think any of them are exactly the same Sad

     

    We had our SMS server die (the database was local and was not being backed up), and have now built a brand new SCCM server. We have all items configured and it is advertising packages, collecting PC data etc.

     

    I was doing a software push to a small collection of test PCs when I noticed that 2 systems would throw an error "The program for advertisement "XXXXX has failed because download of the content "XXXXX" - "XXXXX" has failed. The download failed because the content downloaded to the client does not match the content specified in the content source. Possible causes: The content on the distribution point has been manually modified, or a local administrator on the computer has modified the content in the computer's hash. Solution: Refresh the content on the distribution point and retry the download."

    The thing that threw me was that both PCs were for one person. In doing some digging we found out that he had the same video card in both systems that we had problems with when we installed the client (two other systems lost video untill we updated the video card driver). We updated the video card driver hoping it would correct the issue, but it didnt help. I updated the package on the DP it didnt help. We cleared the cache on the PCs it didnt help either. We reinstalled the client on the PCs it didnt help.

     

    As a test I pushed a small VBScript that clears the cache to all systems, it failed on about 5% of all systems with the exact same error Sad I ran a 2nd small VBScript that resizes the cache (just trying to do small things that can be run behind the scenes) and recieved the same error on the same 5% of the systems.

     

    If anyone has any ideas of how to resolve this issue I would LOVE to hear them.

    Bill

    Monday, November 10, 2008 1:57 PM

Answers

  • OK we modified a logon script for an ID, and when we log on as that ID it forces the install of the version 4.0 client, and then the advertisments push successfully Smile

     

    I will still be pushing out your script to force the cache clean, thank you for the help Smile

     

    Bill

    Monday, November 10, 2008 7:26 PM

All replies

  • Since you are creating a brand new SCCM server all the old package ids will be reused and this will create confusion on the part of the client.  It will see the content there already and try to run it.  Well since they are all different this will mess things up quite a bit.

     

    try this

    http://www.sccm-tools.com/tools/rightclick/rightclick-clientactions.html

    or

    http://www.sccm-tools.com/tools/rightclick/rightclick-RICKHOUCHINS.html

     

    to force a cleaning of cache for all your machines.

     

    Or you can create a login script that does the same thing.  You need to get rid of all the old packages from cache so the client knows what's "real"

     

    Monday, November 10, 2008 4:41 PM
    Moderator
  • OK I understand the old files sitting there in cache, but when the SCCM client downloads a file from the Dist Poing wouldnt it over write the existing files?

     

    Monday, November 10, 2008 5:06 PM
  • OK In a bit more digging i found something interesting. Even though SCCM shows the 10 systems as "Client" Yes and Approved, they 10 systems with issues did not get the new client installed, they are still running version 2.5 vs. 4.0.

     

    I am now working on this to see if it hopefully resolves the issue. Yes I will still look at clearing the cache Smile

     

    Bill

     

    Monday, November 10, 2008 5:20 PM
  • We had the same issue with our enviroment.  SCCM looks to see if the packageID is in cache and then looks to the version.  I watch it try to run setup.exe and said it couldn't find the file.  I check and saw the package was old and was a vbscript folder package.  After I delete the package and retried it worked.  So you need to clear out all that old cache or you might have problems with different packages for some machines that have cache left over.

     

    Monday, November 10, 2008 6:22 PM
    Moderator
  • Only if the package version on the server is higher otherwise the client will say "hey I have the most recent version, us it, don't download"

     

    SCCM can't tombstone and kill the cache since all the adv are all different.  It will sit there for ever and ever.

    Monday, November 10, 2008 6:49 PM
    Moderator
  • OK we modified a logon script for an ID, and when we log on as that ID it forces the install of the version 4.0 client, and then the advertisments push successfully Smile

     

    I will still be pushing out your script to force the cache clean, thank you for the help Smile

     

    Bill

    Monday, November 10, 2008 7:26 PM