none
DISCOVERY RRS feed

• Question

• Hello

Im using discovery methods: AD System Group and System Discovery

I have all groups in : ALL directory active Groups... but when I make one collection I only see

Why??? (Criteria: System Resource : System Group Name is equal...Values)

Regards and thank you

MCITP

Thursday, July 5, 2012 2:02 PM

Answers

• Hi,
    As Anoop wrote for the AD Group to be displayed in the selection criteria at least one computer which is a member of the SCCM site must be a member of that group. Otherwise it will not be added to the SCCM database during Discovery.

Regards,
    Jörgen

-- My System Center blog ccmexec.com -- Twitter @ccmexec

• Marked as answer by Ralpph Friday, July 6, 2012 8:32 PM
    Thursday, July 5, 2012 4:25 PM
  • Have you read the comments from Jörgen? If you add a particular machine into AD system group then only it will get discovered through AD system group discovery. If your AD system Group doesn't have any memebers (machines/) then please proceed and add a machine into group and wait for Next AD system Group discovery cycle to happen. Once AD system discovery is done, the AD sys Group should show up if you click on Value tab....

And you've enabled AD security group discovery that is why you're able to see all the security groups in the collection and that doesn't mean it will show up as System Group in the collection query Value.

Anoop C Nair - @anoopmannur :: MY Site:  www.AnoopCNair.com :: FaceBook:  ConfigMgr(SCCM) Page :: Linkedin:  Linkedin<

Friday, July 6, 2012 1:58 AM
  • How often is the discovery set to run? Run the as soon as possible and allow the checkbox delta discovery. The computer records must exist in sccm database first before they will appear in the collection based on system group.

As he states in his blog use the below query but manually enter the group name without using the values option in the gui and see if you get the desired result

DOMAINAME\\GROUPNAME

select SMS_R_SYSTEM.ResourceID,SMS_R_SYSTEM.ResourceType,SMS_R_SYSTEM.Name,SMS_R_SYSTEM
    .SMSUniqueIdentifier,SMS_R_SYSTEM.ResourceDomainORWorkgroup,SMS_R_SYSTEM.Client from SMS_R_System where SMS_R_System.SystemGroupName = "SCCM2007\\Office 2003 Users"

• Marked as answer by Ralpph Friday, July 6, 2012 8:31 PM
    Friday, July 6, 2012 5:00 PM

All replies

• Any system is added to that particular AD group?

Hope, you  are talking about the following criteria 

Anoop C Nair - @anoopmannur :: MY Site:  www.AnoopCNair.com :: FaceBook:  ConfigMgr(SCCM) Page :: Linkedin:  Lin

Thursday, July 5, 2012 2:24 PM
  • I only see the values ​​of the image of the post (top)

Why?

Thank you AnOOp.Regards

MCITP

Thursday, July 5, 2012 2:35 PM
  • Hi,
    As Anoop wrote for the AD Group to be displayed in the selection criteria at least one computer which is a member of the SCCM site must be a member of that group. Otherwise it will not be added to the SCCM database during Discovery.

Regards,
    Jörgen

-- My System Center blog ccmexec.com -- Twitter @ccmexec

Thursday, July 5, 2012 4:25 PM
  • Any system is added to that particular AD group?

You did't provide answer to above query?

Active directory security group discovery is NOT equal to Active directory System Group.

Anoop C Nair - @anoopmannur :: MY Site:  www.AnoopCNair.com :: FaceBook:  ConfigMgr(SCCM) Page :: Linkedin:  Lin

Thursday, July 5, 2012 4:29 PM
  • Active directory security group discovery is NOT equal to Active directory System Group.

I know AnOOp . I have configured both types to discovery. Is incorrect??

Do you have one procedure? i want add machines to one group and configure collections with these security groups (machines)

I use:

http://www.windows-noob.com/forums/index.php?/topic/892-deploy-software-through-ad-groups-linked-to-collections-in-sccm/

but i dont see groups (I only see ones groups: First Post)

Thank you

MCITP

Thursday, July 5, 2012 8:56 PM
  • Have you read the comments from Jörgen? If you add a particular machine into AD system group then only it will get discovered through AD system group discovery. If your AD system Group doesn't have any memebers (machines/) then please proceed and add a machine into group and wait for Next AD system Group discovery cycle to happen. Once AD system discovery is done, the AD sys Group should show up if you click on Value tab....

And you've enabled AD security group discovery that is why you're able to see all the security groups in the collection and that doesn't mean it will show up as System Group in the collection query Value.

Anoop C Nair - @anoopmannur :: MY Site:  www.AnoopCNair.com :: FaceBook:  ConfigMgr(SCCM) Page :: Linkedin:  Linkedin<

Friday, July 6, 2012 1:58 AM
  •  Very good explanation AnOOp. Im testing.

This is my view:

(The machine is added to group and is sccm client)

Other different problem for me is hash error with sms 2003 client and I have read your post:

http://anoopcnair.com/2011/05/09/configmgr-sccm-hash-mismatch-issue/

But..still I have the error ( i have refreshed..updated..etc)

Download failed for download request {706FA9F9-65A8-461A-AB21-8A1A458794A2}
    Download failed for content 017.1 under context System, error 0x80091007
    Hash does not match expected 9AC4A74D025CA5FE41CD8EBA08C832521A6EB8E9, actual ???V??????

With my sccm client I can use: From Distribution Point and Download but with sms 2003 clients I only can use From Distribution

Is there any hotfix or some procedure?

Thank to all (Jörgen, AnOOp) and regards

MCITP

• Edited by Ralpph Friday, July 6, 2012 7:58 AM
    Friday, July 6, 2012 6:56 AM
    • Edited by jdulongc Friday, July 6, 2012 9:19 AM
    Friday, July 6, 2012 9:19 AM
  • How often is the discovery set to run? Run the as soon as possible and allow the checkbox delta discovery. The computer records must exist in sccm database first before they will appear in the collection based on system group.

As he states in his blog use the below query but manually enter the group name without using the values option in the gui and see if you get the desired result

DOMAINAME\\GROUPNAME

select SMS_R_SYSTEM.ResourceID,SMS_R_SYSTEM.ResourceType,SMS_R_SYSTEM.Name,SMS_R_SYSTEM
    .SMSUniqueIdentifier,SMS_R_SYSTEM.ResourceDomainORWorkgroup,SMS_R_SYSTEM.Client from SMS_R_System where SMS_R_System.SystemGroupName = "SCCM2007\\Office 2003 Users"

• Marked as answer by Ralpph Friday, July 6, 2012 8:31 PM
    Friday, July 6, 2012 5:00 PM
  •  Ok. that was my doubt.

Thanks to all and regards

MCITP

Friday, July 6, 2012 8:31 PM