none
windows failed to update, service is not running. system must be restart

Question

• Hi!

Recently i gone through with a problem with windows update, when i manually or automatically check for update it is showing error like service is not running, windows need to be restart.

Another problem is that iam unable to install symantec .exe file. It is showing error symantec has detected that windows need to be restart. though i restarted several times, i problem is still coming. pls help

mohammed fahad

Tuesday, September 04, 2012 4:27 PM

Answers

All replies

• Do you have ConfigMgr. installed? This is a ConfigMgr related forum. For Windows Update or Windows questions I recommend that you use one of those forums.

Kent Agerlund | My blogs: blog.coretech.dk/kea and SCUG.dk/ | Twitter: @Agerlund | Linkedin: Kent Agerlund | Mastering ConfigMgr 2012 The Fundamentals

• Marked as answer by Sabrina Shen Wednesday, September 12, 2012 8:32 AM
    Tuesday, September 04, 2012 5:16 PM
  • ok sir, but what about symantec problem? iam also unable to install symantec .exe file...i downloaded it from my isp provider, its free to me..after downloading wen iam running this file the installer run, but after 2 minutes it is disappearing and sometimes showing error like symantec detected that system reboot pending, try to restarrt system..i restarted but again....

mohammed fahad

Wednesday, September 05, 2012 3:11 AM
  • As Kent stated, this is not related to ConfigMgr. You may contact the provider or symantec support.

• Marked as answer by Sabrina Shen Wednesday, September 12, 2012 8:32 AM
    Wednesday, September 05, 2012 7:27 AM
  • ok thanq for your response.. i will contact to symantec.

mohammed fahad

Thursday, September 06, 2012 2:22 AM