Moving the Service Manager Workflow server - Where is the WF Server? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I know how to move the SCSM Workflow server  (WF) from 1 server to another through online documentation but..

Anyone know how I can find out which server is the WF Server in the first place?

Regards,

Phil

Thursday, May 2, 2013 11:27 AM

Answers

• If you have access to your ServiceManager sql database, try this query:

Select PrincipalName from [ServiceManager].dbo.MTV_Computer where BaseManagedEntityId = (SELECT [ScopedInstanceId]
        FROM [ServiceManager].dbo.[ScopedInstanceTargetClass]
        WHERE [ManagedTypeId] = dbo.fn_ManagedTypeId_MicrosoftSystemCenterWorkflowTarget())

• Marked as answer by philhunter Thursday, May 2, 2013 4:38 PM
    Thursday, May 2, 2013 2:38 PM

All replies

• The online document states, " “When you first ran Setup, you installed the initial Service Manager management server and defined the management group for your installation. It is the initial management server that handles all the workflows in your Service Manager environment.” But Im not sure which is the initial server I installed Service Manager Management Server.
    Thursday, May 2, 2013 11:29 AM
  • excellent question) I don't know (yet) how to do that in automated way but as workaround you can check operations manager log on all your server. One of them will contains events with "*workflow*" source.

SCSMSolutions
    email: freemanru (at) gmail (dot) com

Thursday, May 2, 2013 2:25 PM
  • If you have access to your ServiceManager sql database, try this query:

Select PrincipalName from [ServiceManager].dbo.MTV_Computer where BaseManagedEntityId = (SELECT [ScopedInstanceId]
        FROM [ServiceManager].dbo.[ScopedInstanceTargetClass]
        WHERE [ManagedTypeId] = dbo.fn_ManagedTypeId_MicrosoftSystemCenterWorkflowTarget())

• Marked as answer by philhunter Thursday, May 2, 2013 4:38 PM
    Thursday, May 2, 2013 2:38 PM