none
mpam-fe.exe on WSUS server

Question

• Using SCCM and WSUS with Forefront - all fine

However, there are occasions where I need to quickly get the latest definition updates. I appreciate you can just download mpam-fe.exe from Microsoft but it occurred to me that the latest file should exist on the wsus server - any ideas where the location is ?

Ian Burnell, London (UK)
    Tuesday, May 10, 2011 9:05 AM

Answers

• Ian,

No, as SCCM Structure is concern the file will not be installed in the WSUS or even download automatically and save it to a folder, WSUS will be the one in charge of sychronizing Catalogs from the Micorosft Website. Eventually WSUS will download updates and patches as schedule and mandated by your SCCM, the updates/definitions and directly deployed to the clients if the definition is approved (Need Approval rule implemeted in WSUS).

Once Forefront is installed the process of updating definition is a streamline with no user interaction, however you can ask your SCCM Admin if he can make a UNC Share for your forefront clients and schedule download of patches everday in this way you wont overload your WSUS and if the WSUS will not be available the clients can still download updates from Microsift Directly and also from the UNC Shared.

• Marked as answer by Ian Burnell Tuesday, May 10, 2011 12:43 PM
    Tuesday, May 10, 2011 11:46 AM

All replies