none
VHDX failed to migrate to local storage

Question

• Hi,

For my own reasons I need to move some VHDX's from cluster storage to local storage (SSDs) and its failing to move them. I have tried moving them via SCVMM and it gives the error:

"VMM cannot complete the host operation on the HOST server because of error:Storage for virtual machine 'HOSTNAME' failed with error 'The device is not ready.' (0x80070015)."

"Operation not allowed for virtual machine 'HOST' because Hyper-V state is yet to be initialized from the virtual machine configuration. Try again in a few minutes. Unknown error (0x800c)

I also tried moving them via Hyper-V management console, and I still get the error:

"Storage migration for virtual machine"HOST' failed.

Operation not allowed because the replication state is not initialized.

Storage migration for virtual machine "HOST' failed with error 'The device is not ready' (0x80070015)."

I have included a couple of shots of the errors. Hoping someone may be able to shed some light on the issue.

Thanks!

Friday, March 07, 2014 1:57 AM

Answers

• I would suggest that you try to restart the Hyper-V Management Server Service on the host where you receive this error. In order to do that, you should first put it into maintenance mode.

-kn

Kristian (Virtualization and some coffee: http://kristiannese.blogspot.com )

• Marked as answer by Nutshell30 Monday, March 10, 2014 9:56 PM
    Sunday, March 09, 2014 4:26 PM

All replies

• I would suggest that you try to restart the Hyper-V Management Server Service on the host where you receive this error. In order to do that, you should first put it into maintenance mode.

-kn

Kristian (Virtualization and some coffee: http://kristiannese.blogspot.com )

• Marked as answer by Nutshell30 Monday, March 10, 2014 9:56 PM
    Sunday, March 09, 2014 4:26 PM
  • Ahhh great! That was exactly it!

So simple, I feel silly!

Thanks very much for your help!!

Monday, March 10, 2014 9:56 PM