none
Program failed (download failed - content mismatch) RRS feed

• Question

• Everytime I try to push Office 2007 I get this error on 4 test machines....Program failed (download failed - content mismatch)

I’ve already tried the obvious possibilities, sometimes repeatedly, without making any difference to the outcome:

·         I've used md5summer to generate and confirm our own checksums that the content on the DP shares matches the content in the package source location.

·        I’ve tried “refreshing” the package to re-push the same package version content to the DPs several times.

·         I’ve tried “updating the DPs with a new package source version” many times.

·         I’ve even tried recreating the package entirely from scratch, which had worked for us once before on another problematic large package.

·         Confirmed there are no “hidden” files in the package source, which several blog posters cited as the source of random mismatch failures.  Even confirmed NTFS security is setup consistently with working packages so that no content files might be effectively “hidden” by rights issues.

·       Tried explicitly adding the SCCM client cache as an exclusion from virus scanning, which one poster cited as the solution when he had the same result pushing a package of Office 2007.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be most helpful.

Thanks,

Glen H.

Thursday, May 19, 2011 5:46 PM

Answers

• I have had issues like this and I found the best way to to remove that package completely from the DPs, delete them by hand if you have to. Then deploy your package to a single DP and test the deployment.
    Friday, May 20, 2011 7:48 AM
  • Hello - I think, most of the possibilities of Hash mismatch are discussed in the below link. Try that...

Hash Mismatch Issue

Anoop C Nair - This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights. |Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Friday, May 20, 2011 2:02 AM

All replies

• Hello - I think, most of the possibilities of Hash mismatch are discussed in the below link. Try that...

Hash Mismatch Issue

Anoop C Nair - This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights. |Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Friday, May 20, 2011 2:02 AM
  • I have had issues like this and I found the best way to to remove that package completely from the DPs, delete them by hand if you have to. Then deploy your package to a single DP and test the deployment.
    Friday, May 20, 2011 7:48 AM
  • Good Morning,

Many thanks for the tips.

Sincerely,

Glen H.

Friday, May 20, 2011 1:20 PM