none
Mcafee Framepkg Not installing RRS feed

• Question

• I've seen numerous threads about pushing this out but I have never had luck with it.

I either get quotes errors or misc.

This is my cmd line: framepkg.exe /install=agent /silent

If the quotes are misplaced I get "Invalid command line, quotes not properly closed in the command line". If I use no quotes the commands are ignored. If I enter quotes and do not get a quote error, it leaves me thinking the quotes are in the right place but then I get another error: Invalid executable file "framepkg.exe /install=agent /silent" or I tried FramePkg.exe "/install=agent /silent" and got Program: Silent McAfee Agent 4.2 failed with exit code 1603.

Other exe's I've pushed, I'm not even finding any where I've used quotes. The McAfee AV install is an exe with switches and no quotes. No problems ever.

All I ever see in posts is people cite  framepkg.exe /install=agent /silent or "framepkg.exe /install=agent /silent". I can't get anything to go. I could maybe have success with a bat file but the only confirmation would give me bat status, not if the exe actually ran.

Anyone have any luck with this or what am I missing?

Monday, March 4, 2013 7:16 PM

Answers

• 1603 is a common "Fatal Error" code.

Are you absolutely positive that the framepkg.exe file in your package is ok and supports the platform it is being run on?  Can you try recreating the source files your package references?

You should not need any quotes in the program's command line for what you are trying to do.  When quoting the whole line, it is looking for an executable file named "framepkg.exe /install=agent /silent" (all that stuff together) rather than an executable (framepkg.exe) with parameters (/install=agent /silent). 

I seem to remember that the framepkg.exe should make a log file, but I don't remember where and can't find a clear reference to the default location.  You should look in the C:\Windows\Temp folder (and subfolders) for a .log file after trying to run the package/program through ConfigMgr.  If framepkge.exe is erroring out, the logs might have more info.

If framepkg.exe still isn't working for you, you could go the route of extracting the files and doing the MSI method (which is much more messy):

https://mysupport.mcafee.com/eservice/Article.aspx?id=KB67796

I hope that helps,

Nash

Nash Pherson, Senior Systems Consultant
    Now Micro - My Blog Posts
    <-- If this post was helpful, please click "Vote as Helpful".

Monday, March 4, 2013 8:25 PM

All replies

• 1603 is a common "Fatal Error" code.

Are you absolutely positive that the framepkg.exe file in your package is ok and supports the platform it is being run on?  Can you try recreating the source files your package references?

You should not need any quotes in the program's command line for what you are trying to do.  When quoting the whole line, it is looking for an executable file named "framepkg.exe /install=agent /silent" (all that stuff together) rather than an executable (framepkg.exe) with parameters (/install=agent /silent). 

I seem to remember that the framepkg.exe should make a log file, but I don't remember where and can't find a clear reference to the default location.  You should look in the C:\Windows\Temp folder (and subfolders) for a .log file after trying to run the package/program through ConfigMgr.  If framepkge.exe is erroring out, the logs might have more info.

If framepkg.exe still isn't working for you, you could go the route of extracting the files and doing the MSI method (which is much more messy):

https://mysupport.mcafee.com/eservice/Article.aspx?id=KB67796

I hope that helps,

Nash

Nash Pherson, Senior Systems Consultant
    Now Micro - My Blog Posts
    <-- If this post was helpful, please click "Vote as Helpful".

Monday, March 4, 2013 8:25 PM
  • Our previous agent I ran into the same problems. I saw that site you linked but haven't yet tried it yet. I saw this for creating an MSI for GPO and think I'll give that a try first.

Framepkg.exe /gengpomsi /SiteInfo=<sharedpath>\SiteList.xml /FrmInstLogLoc=<localtempDir> \<filename>.log

I would like just a plain msi...

Monday, March 4, 2013 9:03 PM
  • I found an MSI on the EPO and pushed that succesfully. Thanks for the input!
    Tuesday, March 5, 2013 8:59 PM
  • ok no problem if your software is not supporting , so you can contact  http://www.mcafeeactivatee.uk support team they will definitely help you.

Thursday, September 5, 2019 12:15 PM