none
HTML 5 Portal does not show anything in "My Activities"

Question

• Hi,

Service Manager 2012 R2 UR 7 and 8 (portal)

Hotfix (KB3124091) applied

Our consoles and Portal run in Portuguese-Br language

When I click on "My Activities" nothing appears.

When I change Portal language to other than Portuguese-br, activities appear, but the Portal interface keeps loading indefinetly and Activities details does not load.

If I get the Activity URL link I am able to open it but, the Approve/Reject buttons only appear in languages other than portuguese-br.

Any thoughts?

thanks in advance!

Friday, January 08, 2016 4:13 PM

Answers

• One of customer reported similar thing was due to following javascript code which due to in title is failing on runtime-

$('.share_this').on('click', function (event) {

window.location = 'mailto:?subject=@activityEntry["Title"]\(@activityEntry["Id"]\)&body=@activityEntry["Title"] : ' + window.location + '/ActivityDetails?id=@activityEntry["Id"],@actType';

});

Please remove above lines from Views\MyActvities\ActivityDetails.cshtml and you should be able to load/arrove/reject activities.

Thursday, February 04, 2016 6:52 PM

All replies

• Hi Patrick,

Yes, I did import that MP and the version in the SM console reflects it.

Thanks for your reply!

Monday, January 11, 2016 1:14 PM
  • Thanks for reporting this. This is happening due to case variation between two string. To quickly fix this issue, please SelfServicePortalResources.pt-BR.resx file in App_GlobalResources folder and modify value of 'ActivityStatusEnum_Active' to "Em Andamento" (caps A).

This will be fixed in next update.

Tuesday, January 12, 2016 4:34 PM
  • Hello!

I got a similar issue. Installed SCSM 2012 R2 in my test environment, added the new HTML5 portal and applied KB3124091.

In my case I didn't see anything in "My Activities" or "My Requests".

Any ideas?

Thanks a lot!

Wednesday, January 13, 2016 4:39 PM
  • Hello Ben,

Didi you import the Portal.mpb that comes into KB 312091?

Wednesday, January 13, 2016 5:54 PM
  • Hi, 

yes I did. But I reset my VM in the afternoon and re-applied the hotfix and portal.mpb.

Now it works.

Thanks!

Wednesday, January 13, 2016 11:35 PM
  • Hello,

From what Ben replied, it is suggest to re-applied the hotfix and portal.mpb. Please check whether it work.

Regards,

Yan Li

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, January 18, 2016 6:14 AM
  • Hi Abhishek,

I executed the procedure you suggested, but the problem persists.

When I click on My Activities "Minhas Atividades" I can see the activity, but the screen turns gray and keeps loading indefinitely.

Thanks,

Thiago

Friday, January 22, 2016 6:50 PM
  • Please check latest update -  https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3134286

This should fix your issue.

Wednesday, January 27, 2016 2:31 PM
  • Hi Abhishek!

I applied the update, but the issue persists. As you can see in the image below, the page keeps loading indefinetly after I click on My Activities (Minhas Atividades).... 

Monday, February 01, 2016 12:06 PM
  • In new portal "End User" cannot access Activities directly, user need to be part of "Activity Implementer" role or whoever which has access to Activities.

Reason for this change is that in new portal we have provided option of sharing "Activity" link on email, which can enable any "End User" to access activity. To ensure that user has proper access, they have to be part of proper User Role which has full access on Activity.

Tuesday, February 02, 2016 4:49 AM
  • Hi Abhishek,

I am using a Service Manager admin account. But, I added it in Activity Implementer role, just in case. Still, the problem persists.

Cheers,

Thiago

Thursday, February 04, 2016 2:12 PM
  • One of customer reported similar thing was due to following javascript code which due to in title is failing on runtime-

$('.share_this').on('click', function (event) {

window.location = 'mailto:?subject=@activityEntry["Title"]\(@activityEntry["Id"]\)&body=@activityEntry["Title"] : ' + window.location + '/ActivityDetails?id=@activityEntry["Id"],@actType';

});

Please remove above lines from Views\MyActvities\ActivityDetails.cshtml and you should be able to load/arrove/reject activities.

Thursday, February 04, 2016 6:52 PM
  • I've faced with similar problem.

My RA generated with orestrator and doesn't open on new SSP.

Try to close all RA, then create one manually from scsm console with limit symbols in title and description of RA and check it on new SSP.

(i have noticed that if RA had in title 'Enter'  or  'RETURN SYMBOL' then it doesn't open in the NEW portal)

Saturday, February 20, 2016 1:34 PM
  • Hi Abhishek,

I am glad to inform you that this approach has worked. Thank you very much!

Thiago

Tuesday, February 23, 2016 2:57 PM
  • Hi Abhishek,

ISSUE: When I click on "My Activities" filter, the page keeps on loading status and nothing happens. This issue occurs only when there is/are Activities listed. If no activities exist, the page loads.

This problem has returned. It's happening on a Lab environment of our customer.

Service Manager is updated with UR9 and Update 3 (KB3144617) is applied on MS wich is running SM Portal.

That's what I've done so far:

- Reinstalled SM Portal and applied all SM updates;

- Installed SM Portal on another MS and all SM updates;

- Removed all Custom MPs;

Any thoughts?

Tks!
    Wednesday, August 24, 2016 6:15 PM
  • I tried to remove that code, but still My Activities has no record display :(
    Wednesday, September 20, 2017 11:53 AM