none
Warning - don't install SCSM 2012 UR3 if you are not using locale en-us

General discussion

• Hi

We have just upgraded our newly install service manager 2012 R2 installation with UR3 released on July 29.

Afterwards we have huge problems with navigating in the console constantly getting errors when trying to view workflow status, run-as accounts, create connectors etc.

The event log shows huge amount of errors and it seems like the upgrade has missed or dropped a lot of tables and right now we are manually restoring tables from a test database which are missing in the production database after the update rollup. We are slowly minimizing the errors but it’s definitely not a good situation!

We use da-dk as locale and the SCSM installation is set to Danish as well.

I hope we are the only one facing this problem.

Regards

Mikkel

Thursday, July 31, 2014 8:56 AM

All replies

• Hi Mikkel, would it be possible for you to share more information on the tables impacted as well as the setup logs. We'd like to get to the bottom of this as soon as possible.

Thanks!

Thursday, July 31, 2014 9:34 PM
  • Maybe install in a dev/QA environment first next time.

- Slow is smooth and smooth is fast.

Thursday, July 31, 2014 9:55 PM
  • Anyone else experiencing problems with UR3? We are planning to install it in our Pre-prod env to fix our SCCM Connector UR2 issue. But we are using english only

/Maekee

Friday, August 1, 2014 7:24 AM
  • So we've investigated this issue on the our end and haven't been able to repro it. Additionally, so far we haven't heard similar reports from other non-ENU locale customers. Perhaps this was something specific to your environment.

There are no DB relevant fixes between UR2 and UR2 and there is no new explicit table drops added in any of the recent URs.

We'd love to root cause this issue. Can you please reach out to CSS or myself with the setup logs if possible?

Friday, August 1, 2014 6:33 PM
  • Today I've done 2 deployments of SCSM 2012 R2 UR3 without any problem. Both environments are en-us.

If the SCSM environment is virtualized a snapshot might be helpful for a fast rollback.

Andreas Baumgarten | H&D International Group

Friday, August 1, 2014 8:35 PM