none
SMS Client GUID Mismatch

Question

• Hi, I have had to reimage a workstation, the SMSUniqueIdentifier for the workstation on the server is now different to the SMSUniqueIdentifier on the workstation. The package advertisements are not appearing on the workstation. I have deleted SMSCFG.ini from the windows directory and tried to renew the guid.
    What is the best way to get the client to sync it's GUID with the server so that it will start to recieve advertisements and packages again?

Monday, May 05, 2008 2:52 AM

All replies

• Hum,

I don't believe you can actually do this. You could try and edit the smscfg.ini and put in the old guid, but that would most likely be unsupported.

Depending on the number of advertisements needed, and whether you know which ones, adding the new resource to the collections manually or through script would probably be your best bet.

Kim Oppalfens

Monday, May 05, 2008 6:01 AM
  • I agree. The proper way is to deinstall and reinstall the client to get it create a new GUID. First I'd delete the client from the database, then reinstall.

You should remove the smscfg.ini file and the cert (ccmdelcert.exe) before imaging.

Monday, May 05, 2008 11:52 PM