none
The Deploy Software Updates Wizard completed with errors - Access is Denied

Question

• Running SCCM 2012 RC.

Setting up Software Updates as per this guide: 

http://www.windows-noob.com/forums/index.php?/topic/4467-using-sccm-2012-rc-in-a-lab-part-6-deploying-software-updates/

Downloading the Software Updates fails with the error "The Deploy Software Updates Wizard completed with errors - Access is Denied"

Permissions on the share are correct:

• local admins - full access
    • my login is local admin
    • computer account is local admin

NTFS permissions are also correct.

I've seen this problem posted in other forums, all of whicvh say to make sure the share permissions are correct, which they are.

I've also managed to create a share in the same folder structure for Endpoint Definition Updates, so the process worked previously.

What on earth is going wrong?

Have you tried turning it off and back on again?

vendredi 30 mars 2012 16:11

Réponses

Toutes les réponses

• Please post you CM12 questions to the CM12 beta forum.

ConfigMgr 2012 forums on Connect:http://innovation.connect.microsoft.com/configmgrbeta/discussions.

http://www.enhansoft.com/

vendredi 30 mars 2012 16:26
  • thats all well and good but it's a closed group - i'm not going to get many answers in there.

also it seems the problem is the same as it would be in SCCM 2007..?

Have you tried turning it off and back on again?

vendredi 30 mars 2012 16:36
  • Most likely he update can be downloaded but the site server computer account can't write them to the shared folder that you have used for the update package.. Check the patchdownloader.log for more details.

Kent Agerlund | My blogs: blog.coretech.dk/kea and SCUG.dk/ | Twitter: @Agerlund | Linkedin: Kent Agerlund

• Proposé comme réponse ileeper mardi 22 janvier 2013 21:39
    vendredi 30 mars 2012 17:25
    Modérateur
  • Most likely he update can be downloaded but the site server computer account can't write them to the shared folder that you have used for the update package.. Check the patchdownloader.log for more details.

Kent Agerlund | My blogs: blog.coretech.dk/kea and SCUG.dk/ | Twitter: @Agerlund | Linkedin: Kent Agerlund

Kent had it dead on in my case. The share I had created earlier needed to have "Change" permissions applied. I didn't remember where I had created the share. The log "patchdownloader.log" pointed me to it. I found my log in D:\Program Files\SMS_CCM\Logs.
    mardi 7 août 2012 00:55
  • I have a very similar situation, and I have reconfigured the share permissions and verified the NTFS permissions.  How do I re-populate the folders with the appropriate source folders and files?  Do I have to re-download and re-deploy?

vendredi 26 juillet 2013 15:46
  • Hi,
    for everyone who's comming via google and have the same problem:
    I had the problem a few hours ago. Procmon shows an access denied with the user which i was using. Permissions via groups wasn't enough.
    Give your user full share/security access and everything works fine.. 

• Proposé comme réponse Lucas Kenner lundi 29 septembre 2014 11:36
    lundi 29 septembre 2014 11:36
  • Hi All.

I too had the exact same error SCCM 2012 R2 version.

Updated the file permissions on the directory to which the update package source was pointing too.

Updates now downloading successfully.

Thanks.

mercredi 8 octobre 2014 14:22