none
system error 1290 after register w32time service

คำถาม

• Hello all

I'm getting a system error 1290, when i try to use the command "net start w32time".

The output from cmd looks like this:

System error 1290 has occurred.

The service start failed since one or more services in the same process have an incompatible service SID type setting. A service with restricted service SID type can only coexist in the same process with other services with a restricted SID type. If the service SID type for this service was just configured, the hosting process must be restarted in order to start this service.

How do i recover from this error?

19 ตุลาคม 2553 7:53

คำตอบ

• Troubleshooting an unrelated issue, I think I've finally found the solution to this error (sometimes, rebooting also fixes this specific error). See the underlined command below, and mind the required space between = and own. The command puts the w32time service in it's own svchost process, so it doesn't have to share the process with other services which may have been configured with an service SID type incompatible with w32time's.

Running the following from an elevated command prompt seems to be a pretty surefire way to fix your Windows Time service.

pushd %SystemRoot%\system32
    .\net stop w32time
    .\w32tm /unregister
    .\w32tm /register
    .\sc config w32time type= own
    .\net start w32time
    .\w32tm /config /update /manualpeerlist:"0.pool.ntp.org,1.pool.ntp.org,2.pool.ntp.org,3.pool.ntp.org",0x8 /syncfromflags:MANUAL /reliable:yes
    .\w32tm /resync
    popd
    • เสนอเป็นคำตอบโดย VBdP 1 พฤศจิกายน 2555 13:46
    • ทำเครื่องหมายเป็นคำตอบโดย Yagmoth555MVP, Moderator 25 กุมภาพันธ์ 2557 19:58
    1 พฤศจิกายน 2555 13:46
  • Hi cliff.ha, I suggest you first try the following steps and see the result:

1.Click Start , type regedit in the Start Search box, and then click regedit.exe in the Programs list.

If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type your password, or click Continue .

2.Locate the following registry subkey, and then click it:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\TapiSrv

3.In the details pane, right-click ImagePath , and then click Modify .
    4.In the Value data box, type the following registry value, and then click OK :

%SystemRoot%\System32\svchost.exe -k NetworkService

Note: If NetworkService does not appear in the %SystemRoot%\System32\svchost.exe -k NetworkService registry value, the problem that is described in the "Symptoms" section may occur.

5.Exit Registry Editor, and then restart the computer.

Note If you try to start the Telephony service before you restart the computer, you may receive the following error message:
    Error 1290: The service start failed since one or more services in the same process have an incompatible service SID type setting. A service with restricted service SID type can only coexist in the same process with other services with a restricted SID type. If the service SID type for this service was just configured, the hosting process must be restarted in order to start this service.

Hope this helps!

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • ทำเครื่องหมายเป็นคำตอบโดย Sean Zhu -Moderator 29 ตุลาคม 2553 6:30
    21 ตุลาคม 2553 7:15
    ผู้ดูแล

ตอบทั้งหมด