none
Previous Versions from command-line? RRS feed

الإجابات

• Jason

There is no way to restore a VSS previous version of a file. The previous versions of files are all contained in the System Restore points on the volume that is being monitored.

The only way to restore a previous version of a file or folder is to use the UI in the properties of the target file or folder.

There is a command line for System Restore (rstrui.exe) however this only initiates the UI for SR.

If this post helps to resolve your issue, click the Mark as Answer or Helpful button at the top of this message.
    By marking a post as Answered, or Helpful you help others find the answer faster.

Ronnie Vernon
    Microsoft MVP
    Windows Desktop Experience
    18/رمضان/1429 09:04 م
    المشرف
  • Jason

Your welcome, glad this helped.

If this post helps to resolve your issue, click the Mark as Answer or Helpful button at the top of this message.
    By marking a post as Answered, or Helpful you help others find the answer faster.

Ronnie Vernon
    Microsoft MVP
    18/رمضان/1429 11:28 م
    المشرف

جميع الردود

•  

Jason,

Start\Run\Services.msc

Found Volume Shadow Copy double click and change startup type to manual click in apply

e then start

try again use VSSADMIN

18/رمضان/1429 06:43 م
  • so, are you saying VSSADMIN is the command that should restore shadow copies from the command line?  What switch do I use b/c that's really my question.  I looked in help and on line and there isn't a switch to restore a file.  My guess is that the VSSADMIN tool is only for managing the shadow copy service, not shadow copies themselves.

18/رمضان/1429 07:30 م
  •  

Jason

VSSADMIN is only for manage the service Shadow Copy such as Volumes, Storage size and events

restore a file is necessary use Windows Explorer in the properties of each folder or volume.

More information

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb491031.aspx

att,

Samuel Ribeiro

18/رمضان/1429 08:24 م
  • I know this already. I've already read the KB article.   What I don't know is this: is there a way to restore a previous version from the command line.  If not VSSADMIN, is there another tool?  I gather you must not know.  Thanks anyway.

Perhaps someone else can help . . . ?

Jason Yates

18/رمضان/1429 08:34 م
  • Jason

There is no way to restore a VSS previous version of a file. The previous versions of files are all contained in the System Restore points on the volume that is being monitored.

The only way to restore a previous version of a file or folder is to use the UI in the properties of the target file or folder.

There is a command line for System Restore (rstrui.exe) however this only initiates the UI for SR.

Ronnie Vernon
    Microsoft MVP
    18/رمضان/1429 09:04 م
    المشرف
  • Jason

Your welcome, glad this helped.

Ronnie Vernon
    Microsoft MVP
    18/رمضان/1429 11:28 م
    المشرف
  • My response is few years too late for the original person's question, but it may be of use to others as this post is ranked high in search engines.

The command you are looking for is volrest.exe you can use the /? switch for examples of its use.

• تم الاقتراح كإجابة بواسطة JonnyFofo 21/ربيع الأول/1435 08:50 ص
    20/ربيع الأول/1435 06:53 م
  • My reply is likewise years late, but here's what I think you're looking for:

1. Open Windows File Explorer and navigate to the folder where you want to access previous versions
    2. Right-click -> Properties -> Previous Versions
    3. Select the time you want and click Open
    4. In the window that opens, right click in the white space and click Properties
    5. Here's the key: You'll see the "Location:" as something like "Z:\@GMT-2019.06.12-16.05.09\folderName\folderName
    6. Now open command prompt and change directory to that location from step 5. You can now use command line commands to manipulate the shadow copies, including robocopy!
    09/شوال/1440 04:31 م
  • that helped me too,

i updated my drivers with driver pack solution and suddenly after system restart, my mouse and keyboard stoped working.

and by doing your advice my problem solved.

tnks
    27/ذو الحجة/1440 04:51 ص