none
Windows 10 Anniversary Update Remote Desktop mouse issues RRS feed

• السؤال

• I just upgraded to Windows 10 Anniversary Update and now while using Remote Desktop, single-click mouse actions are sent through as double-clicks.  Very annoying!!!  Tried updating the mouse drivers, slowing down the double-click response in Control Panel; nothing helps.

Dell XPS 8700, Logitech M305 mouse.

22/ذو الحجة/1437 11:18 ص

الإجابات

• Does this happen to all systems you remote too? Just thinking it could a coincidence and perhaps the machine you are remote controlling has the issue.

Have you tried removing the mouse completely, right click start Device Manager, find the Mouse double it click, on the Driver tab click Uninstall to remove the device and driver. Reboot try again.

See System file check (SFC) Scan and Repair System Files & DISM to fix things SFC cannot (guide by Team ZigZag) and giving the system and general check and repairing any issues found.

23/ذو الحجة/1437 02:39 م
  • Hi,

On my lab machine, Windows 10, version 1607, the Remote Desktop works fine.

Outdated or incompatible drivers could sometimes cause the system to freeze. Check to see if there are available driver updates.

In addition, run the system maintenance troubleshooter and check if it helps. System Maintenance troubleshooter looks for unused files and shortcuts that you can clean up or remove so that your computer can run faster.

Method 1: System Maintenance troubleshooter

1. Press Windows Key + R to open the run command.

2. Type control and press enter  to open control panel.

3. Type troubleshooting in the control panel search box and open it.

4. Click "view all" on the left pane.

5. Run the system maintenance troubleshooter and follow the on-screen instructions.

Method 2: Clean Boot

Placing your system in Clean Boot state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/kb/929135

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

26/ذو الحجة/1437 07:33 ص
    المشرف

جميع الردود

• Does this happen to all systems you remote too? Just thinking it could a coincidence and perhaps the machine you are remote controlling has the issue.

Have you tried removing the mouse completely, right click start Device Manager, find the Mouse double it click, on the Driver tab click Uninstall to remove the device and driver. Reboot try again.

See System file check (SFC) Scan and Repair System Files & DISM to fix things SFC cannot (guide by Team ZigZag) and giving the system and general check and repairing any issues found.

23/ذو الحجة/1437 02:39 م
  • Hi,

On my lab machine, Windows 10, version 1607, the Remote Desktop works fine.

Outdated or incompatible drivers could sometimes cause the system to freeze. Check to see if there are available driver updates.

In addition, run the system maintenance troubleshooter and check if it helps. System Maintenance troubleshooter looks for unused files and shortcuts that you can clean up or remove so that your computer can run faster.

Method 1: System Maintenance troubleshooter

1. Press Windows Key + R to open the run command.

2. Type control and press enter  to open control panel.

3. Type troubleshooting in the control panel search box and open it.

4. Click "view all" on the left pane.

5. Run the system maintenance troubleshooter and follow the on-screen instructions.

Method 2: Clean Boot

Placing your system in Clean Boot state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/kb/929135

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

26/ذو الحجة/1437 07:33 ص
    المشرف
  • I am having the same issue.  Not resolved yet.
    27/ذو الحجة/1437 08:12 م
  • I am also having the same problem and uninstalling the mouse and rebooting did not help.  There are also a number of posts on other sites identifying this same issue with no fixes provided yet my Microsoft or Citrix.  It is having a very negative impact on my work productivity and each day is more frustrating.  I'm trying to learn the keyboard shortcuts to help with Word and Excel but Outlook and browser pages are almost impossible to work with.
    04/محرم/1438 10:10 م