none
dual boot installation of windows 7 and 8 RRS feed

• السؤال

• I have successfully installed windows 7 onto a new hard drive. I now want to install windows 8 to have a dual boot setup. I'm installing from a cd, the installation gets so far then stops, It there a problem with 7 using legacy bios and 8 using UEFI bios?

26/صفر/1438 06:01 م

جميع الردود

• Windows 7 will only work with a legacy BIOS.  So if you wish to dual-boot with Windows 8 (installing on the same hard drive), you'll need to install it with legacy BIOS enabled and not UEFI.

Carey Frisch

• تم التحرير بواسطة Carey FrischMVP 27/صفر/1438 09:29 ص Edit
    • تم الاقتراح كإجابة بواسطة Tony_TaoModerator 06/ربيع الأول/1438 07:31 ص
    26/صفر/1438 07:24 م
  • Hi,

As Carey Frisch mentioned, please try it.

In addition, you could also refer to this article and check if it helps.

How to Dual-Boot Windows 7 and Windows 8 On the Same PC

http://www.howtogeek.com/74335/how-to-dual-boot-windows-7-and-windows-8/

Please Note: Since the websites are not hosted by Microsoft, the links may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Best Regards,

Tao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• تم الاقتراح كإجابة بواسطة Tony_TaoModerator 06/ربيع الأول/1438 07:31 ص
    28/صفر/1438 09:03 ص
    المشرف
  • Hi,

We haven’t heard from you for a couple of days, have you solved the problem? How about the solution we have provided? We are looking forward to your good news.

Best Regards,

Tao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

06/ربيع الأول/1438 07:31 ص
    المشرف