none
Adapters crash after VPN disconnects RRS feed

• السؤال

• Hi guys,

I have an annoying problem: I have multiple PPTP and L2TP set up and at random times (sometimes after days, sometimes within hours) after disconnecting, my 2 adapters (WiFi and cable) shut down and enables themselves again. When i then try to connect a VPN, it disconnects after a few seconds and the same thing happens again. At this point i have no internet anymore. It happens when i'm on WiFi aswell as cable in different locations for over a year now. A restart of the laptop is needed to make everything work again.
    I tried different drivers and also reinstalled Windows completely on a new SSD, but the problem still exists.

It's a Lenovo E570 with a Realtek PCIe GbE controller and Qualcomm Atheros QCA9377 Wireless controller.
    Any ideas?
    08/ذو الحجة/1440 07:55 ص

جميع الردود

• Hello masterkiwi,

How do you notice/detect that your network adapters have crashed or reset themselves? Are there any log entries that you can share which record these events?

An interval of several hours/days between one event (disconnecting a VPN connection) and another (some unexpected behaviour by network adapters) is also rather long for there to be necessarily a causal relationship between the two.

One approach to better understanding the problem would be to use Event Tracing for Windows (ETW) to record what is actually happening. However, it would be useful to see a bit more information about what you have already discovered (log entries, screen snapshots, etc.) before deciding which events would be most helpful to trace.

Gary

08/ذو الحجة/1440 09:00 ص
  • Hi,

Just as Gray said, we need more information about the issue.

Have you tried using network reset to reinstall network devices? 

Please refer to the link below:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-sg/help/10741/windows-fix-network-connection-issues  

BTW, the issue may be related to hardware. If possible, I suggest you replace NIC.

You also can contact Lenovo support for better answer. 

Best regards,

Travis

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

11/ذو الحجة/1440 02:10 ص
    المشرف
  • Hi,

Just checking in to see if the information provided was helpful.

Please let us know if you would like further assistance.

Best Regards,

Travis

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

18/ذو الحجة/1440 05:58 ص
    المشرف