none
Image Composer won't save, following Win8.1 RRS feed

• Dotaz

• I have been using Image Composer for many years, and it's worked on ever version of Windows including version 8.

But I ran the update this morning for 8.1, and now, although 'Composer will open, it will not let me save anything.

It comes up with errors, including about insufficient storage (which is def wrong!).

How do I get around this?  Happy to send pics of messages if possible.

úterý 3. prosince 2013 13:40

Odpovědi

• Hi,

Which Microsoft Image Composer edition did you use? I made a test for you, the edition which I used is 1.5, you can refer to the picture I added. As I'm not familar with this program, I just try to create a new workspace and then try to save it to Desktop. Everything works fine. Have you tried to reinstall it for test?

If problem persists, you can check if Event Viewer identify the problem.

Roger Lu
    TechNet Community Support

čtvrtek 5. prosince 2013 2:18
    Moderátor

Všechny reakce

• Hi,

Which Microsoft Image Composer edition did you use? I made a test for you, the edition which I used is 1.5, you can refer to the picture I added. As I'm not familar with this program, I just try to create a new workspace and then try to save it to Desktop. Everything works fine. Have you tried to reinstall it for test?

If problem persists, you can check if Event Viewer identify the problem.

Roger Lu
    TechNet Community Support

čtvrtek 5. prosince 2013 2:18
    Moderátor
  • One of the fastest and easiest program there is. I use it for many years. Started on Win95 and now on Win10. But after some update, it won't work completely anymore. I can't open or save PNG files. The error by open an PNG file is: "Image file "D:\logo.png" is stored in an unsupported format or format variant. Is there a bug fix or work around or a solution to fix this enormes problem? thx!
    pátek 25. listopadu 2016 15:22
  • I am in the very same boat.  I have used this application for ever.  I also used it on Windows 7 and it worked wonderfully.  After upgrading my personal laptop to Windows 10 it no longer worked (with PNGs).  Can't drag them onto the canvas or open directly... and also cannot save anything as a PNG.  Oddly enough, my work laptop was just upgraded to Windows 10 Pro... and holy crap! It worked!  For real, it really really worked.  It did everything without any issues.  I thought it must have applied some compatibility settings or something that made it work.  So I thought I could maybe just apply the same settings on my personal laptop and get it to work on there too.  However, there were no compatibility settings applied at all, on my work laptop. 

Unfortunately... about a week ago it stopped working on my work laptop also.  Same issue, same errors... I tried some compatibility settings, but nothing has worked so far. I would give anything to get this working again. Let me know if you find a fix.. please! Or if you find a good open canvas alternative.

Thanks in advance.

When I try to load a PNG I get this...

When I try to save a PNG I get this...

Then this...

čtvrtek 21. února 2019 23:06