none
Laptop crashed and I'm trying to figure out what this is: "Hardware Error LiveKernalEvent Code 15e RRS feed

• Dotaz

• Thanks for reading. This is my first time posting on here.I have the full details here and some background to my problem below.

Here is the full description:

Description
    A problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.

Problem signature
    Problem Event Name:    LiveKernelEvent
    Code:    15e
    Parameter 1:    30
    Parameter 2:    ffff97853829e1a0
    Parameter 3:    ffff9785328ad060
    Parameter 4:    0
    OS version:    10_0_18362
    Service Pack:    0_0
    Product:    256_1
    OS Version:    10.0.18362.2.0.0.256.48
    Locale ID:    1033

Here is some background. This happened last week on my ThinkPad T440s for the first time and in addition to the blue screen of death, it killed my Crucial MX500 SSD. Only a hard reset would allow Windows 10 to load and any restart, for example, would result in the laptop getting stuck and saying the HDD had failed. Windows would just not load. I then used an old Sandisk SSD and it worked just fine. I also tried the Crucial SSD in another laptop and it still wouldn't work. I even tried a fresh install of Windows 10 on the Crucial SSD and it didn't work. So I assumed the problem was the SSD, returned it and bought a Samsung Evo 860. Meanwhile my T440s worked just fine on the new/old SSD with no crashes. Last night I installed the new Samsung SSD and after setting things up, updating Windows, etc., Windows 10 crashed in the middle of the night again with the same error posted here. Thankfully this time the SSD didn't stop working and everything seems fine.

I'm now worried it will happened again and 'fry' my new SSD. More than this, I'm concerned that the issue is with the system board and not the SSD given it has now happened with two SSDs, even though oddly enough it didn't happened with the 8 year old Sandisk SSD that I used for a few days while the Samsung arrived. I would appreciate any help diagnosing and hopefully fixing this problem that has me concerned. Thank you in advance. 

• Upravený bbgonda pátek 18. října 2019 16:06
    pátek 18. října 2019 15:34

Všechny reakce

• Hi bbgonda.

Did you make any change on your system after which the error occurred?
    The 0x0000015E (BUGCODE_NDIS_DRIVER_LIVE_DUMP) bug code indicates that NDIS (Network Driver Interface Specification library, which abstracts the network hardware from network drivers) has captured a live kernel dump. NDIS does not generate a bug check in this situation.
    Upload the .DMP file created by Windows to your OneDrive, make it publicly available and post the URL here, so we can try to analyze it and to suggest you a solution.

Bye.

Luigi Bruno
    MCP, MOS, MTA, MCTS, MCSA, MCSE

pátek 18. října 2019 19:19
  • Hi Luigi,

Thank you for taking the time to help out. Regarding whether I changed anything with my system before the issue, the answer is no, not really. Perhaps there was some update I installed that week or something like that, but I don't recall doing anything in particular that evening when the first SSD was in there and it crashed. This second time when I installed the new Samsung SSD and did a fresh install of Windows 10, I did everything you'd expect with such an installation, including install all the many updates through Windows and through Lenovo. All this is pretty normal behaviour. Then that night, with the new Samsung SSD in there all setup, the system crashed with Windows generating the same information.

Now, I'm happy to do what you advise, but I don't know how to get the file you're asking for. I'll search online but if you can guide me, I'd appreciate it. Thank you in advance.

One thing to note is that on some forums I've seen the suggestion that it might be a hardware issue quite literally, that is, it could be that the SSD board or the relevant part of the board is not properly soldered or plugged into the main board. I'll open the laptop up and take a look to see if that leads anywhere and report back. 

pátek 18. října 2019 21:43
  • Hi Luigi,

Thank you for taking the time to help out. Regarding whether I changed anything with my system before the issue, the answer is no, not really. Perhaps there was some update I installed that week or something like that, but I don't recall doing anything in particular that evening when the first SSD was in there and it crashed. This second time when I installed the new Samsung SSD and did a fresh install of Windows 10, I did everything you'd expect with such an installation, including install all the many updates through Windows and through Lenovo. All this is pretty normal behaviour. Then that night, with the new Samsung SSD in there all setup, the system crashed with Windows generating the same information.

Now, I'm happy to do what you advise, but I don't know how to get the file you're asking for. I'll search online but if you can guide me, I'd appreciate it. Thank you in advance.

One thing to note is that on some forums I've seen the suggestion that it might be a hardware issue quite literally, that is, it could be that the SSD board or the relevant part of the board is not properly soldered or plugged into the main board. I'll open the laptop up and take a look to see if that leads anywhere and report back. 

The memory dump file has a .DMP extensions and it is created into the Windows folder (usually, C:\Windows) or one of its subfolders; after uploading that file to OneDrive, you can share it as described here.

Bye.

Luigi Bruno

pátek 18. října 2019 22:47
  • Sorry for the delayed response but I can't seem to find the file anywhere including in the regular folders. I will keep trying, but I've so far failed. This is frustrating.
    neděle 20. října 2019 16:25

• To evaluate the BSOD please post logs for troubleshooting.

Using administrative command prompt copy and paste this whole command.

Make sure the default language is English so that the logs can be scanned and read.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/3813-language-add-remove-change-windows-10-a.html

The command will automatically collect the computer files and place them on the desktop.

Then use 7zip to organize the files and one drive, drop box, or google drive to place share links into the thread for troubleshooting.

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Share-OneDrive-files-and-folders-9fcc2f7d-de0c-4cec-93b0-a82024800c07

This command will automatically collect these files:  msinfo32, mini dumps, drivers, hosts, install, uninstall, services, startup, event viewer files, etc.

Open administrative command prompt and copy and paste the whole command:

copy %SystemRoot%\minidump\*.dmp "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\"&dxdiag /t %Temp%\dxdiag.txt&copy %Temp%\dxdiag.txt "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\SFdebugFiles\"&type %SystemRoot%\System32\drivers\etc\hosts >> "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\hosts.txt"&systeminfo > "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\systeminfo.txt"&driverquery /v > "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\drivers.txt" &msinfo32 /nfo "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\msinfo32.nfo"&wevtutil qe System /f:text > "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\eventlog.txt"&reg export HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\uninstall.txt"&reg export "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Active Setup\Installed Components" "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\installed.txt"&net start > "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\services.txt"&REM wmic startup list full /format:htable >"%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\startup.html"&wmic STARTUP GET Caption, Command, User >"%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\startup.txt"

There are two files for you to find manually:

a) C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP

Use file explorer > this PC > local C: drive > right upper corner search enter the above to find results.

b) dxdiag:  

In the left lower corner search type:  dxdiag > When the DirectX Diagnostic Tool opens click on the next page button so that each tab is opened > click on save all information > save to desktop > post one drive or drop box share link into the thread

Please remember to vote and to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    neděle 20. října 2019 21:26
  • Hi,

You can check your path of your dump file.

Go to Control Panel →  System → Advanced System Settings → Under Startup and Recovery click Settings.

Your dump file path should shown there.

Make sure all the files are not hidden.

Best regards.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

pondělí 21. října 2019 10:09
  • Hi,

Just checking to see if the information provided is helpful.

If you think the answer is helpful, please mark it as a reply, which will help more users get valid information.

Best regards.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

pátek 25. října 2019 8:40
  • Sorry for the delayed response but I can't seem to find the file anywhere including in the regular folders. I will keep trying, but I've so far failed. This is frustrating.

Go to Control Panel >  System > Advanced System Settings; click Settings under Startup and Recovery and look the value in the "Dump file:" text box.

Bye

Luigi Bruno

pátek 25. října 2019 9:20