none
Displaying immediately the Login Screen RRS feed

• Dotaz

• Hi

With Windows 8.1 Update 1 Enterprise 64 bit, how do I make sure that, when I start the computer, the Login Screen is displayed immediately?

Thanks

Bye

Balubeto

pondělí 5. května 2014 10:58

Odpovědi

• Balubeto,

In order to disable the lock screen you’ll need to make the change in the Local Group Policy Editor which is only available in Windows 8.1 Pro.

Start by right-clicking on the Start button, select Run, then type in gpedit.msc and press Enter.

Next, go to Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Control Panel > Personalization.  In the left window pane, select All Settings and double-click on Do not display the lock screen. 

Change the setting from Not Configured to Enabled and then click OK to save the new setting.

Mike

Windows Outreach Team – IT Pro

pondělí 5. května 2014 18:47
    Moderátor
  • Balubeto,

In order to disable the lock screen you’ll need to make the change in the Local Group Policy Editor which is only available in Windows 8.1 Pro.

Start by right-clicking on the Start button, select Run, then type in gpedit.msc and press Enter.

Next, go to Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Control Panel > Personalization.  In the left window pane, select All Settings and double-click on Do not display the lock screen. 

Change the setting from Not Configured to Enabled and then click OK to save the new setting.

Mike

This procedure avoids only that the lock screen is displayed when the computer is started. Right? If so, how can I do it also with the other editions of Windows 8.1 Update 1?

Thanks

Bye

Balubeto

you can set the registry key/value:

http://gpsearch.azurewebsites.net/#7401

Don
    (Please take a moment to "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer", where applicable.
    This helps the community, keeps the forums tidy, and recognises useful contributions. Thanks!)

úterý 6. května 2014 10:49

Všechny reakce

• Balubeto,

It sounds as if you have the login screen disabled currently to allow users to access the computer without credentials.  To reverse this, right-click on the Start button and select Run. Type in netplwiz and then make sure the requirement for users to enter a username and password is selected.

I hope this helps!

Mike

pondělí 5. května 2014 15:41
    Moderátor
  • Balubeto,

It sounds as if you have the login screen disabled currently to allow users to access the computer without credentials.  To reverse this, right-click on the Start button and select Run. Type in netplwiz and then make sure the requirement for users to enter a username and password is selected.

I hope this helps!

Mike

No, the login screen is enabled. I would like that when the computer is started, the login screen is displayed and no one of lock. So, how do I do this?

Thanks

Bye

Balubeto

pondělí 5. května 2014 16:20
  • Balubeto,

Mike

pondělí 5. května 2014 18:47
    Moderátor
  • Balubeto,

Mike

This procedure avoids only that the lock screen is displayed when the computer is started. Right? If so, how can I do it also with the other editions of Windows 8.1 Update 1?

Thanks

Bye

Balubeto

úterý 6. května 2014 8:55
  • Balubeto,

Mike

Thanks

Bye

Balubeto

you can set the registry key/value:

http://gpsearch.azurewebsites.net/#7401

Don
    (Please take a moment to "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer", where applicable.
    This helps the community, keeps the forums tidy, and recognises useful contributions. Thanks!)

úterý 6. května 2014 10:49