none
Remote Desktop not working RRS feed

• Dotaz

• I am using a Windows 10 PRO 64bit laptop, I've been trying to connect using remote desktop to another Windows 10 Pro PC and I keep getting the message that remote desktop could not connect.  I have a Windows 7 PRO computer that can connect to the same Windows 10 PC so I know it works.  I've tried everything I can think of to get it to work.  Network discovery is turned on, the firewall is turned off, I've allowed remote desktop connection and I can see the target PC when I go to Windows Explorer/Network.   What am I missing???
    neděle 22. září 2019 1:57

Všechny reakce

• Download and install Remote Desktop App

S.Sengupta,Microsoft MVP Windows and Devices for IT, Windows Insider MVP

neděle 22. září 2019 5:20
  • Hello,

Open Services snap-in and make sure services with "remote" in their name are running and have their Startup type set to Manual or Automatic.

Regards.

Microsoft MVP (Windows and Devices for IT)

Windows Insider MVP

Windows Help & Support [www.kapilarya.com]

neděle 22. září 2019 5:27
  • Hi,

I want to confirm with you if three Windows client device located on same network?

Besides, on Windows 10 which has problem establish remote desktop connection from, open CMD with admin permission, type “telnet <remote windows10 IP address> 3389” to test RDP function.

Using Telnet to Test Port 3389 Functionality:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-sg/help/187628/using-telnet-to-test-port-3389-functionality

Besides, please try to establish remote desktop connection using remote system’s IP address instead of host name and check the result. 

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

pondělí 23. září 2019 6:36
    Moderátor
  • Hi,

How things are going there on this issue?

Please let me know if you would like further assistance.

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang  

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

středa 25. září 2019 7:09
    Moderátor
  • Hi,

Is there any update?

Please click “Mark as answer” if any of above reply is helpful. It would make this reply to the top and easier to be found for other people who has the similar problem.

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

pátek 27. září 2019 2:19
    Moderátor
  • Hi 

I have 3 computers on the same network, on the same workgroup, the server is windows 10, the PC that cannot connect is brand new and Windows 10 and I have one Windows 7.  The 7 can connect without issue.

sobota 28. září 2019 15:31
  • Sorry,  only work this issue on weekends.  

yes, still an issue -  back at it again today to try to get this fixed.  

removed our virus protection so that is not the issue.

port is open

on the same network

can see the server in File Explorer but connect right click and connect. 

I have a Windows 7 computer that can connect without problem but my NEW Windows 10 PRO will not.

any other suggestions will be appreciated.

thank you

sobota 28. září 2019 15:34
  • Hi,

Please check Event Viewer and try to find relate event log, location such as below:
    Event Viewer -> Applications and Services Logs -> Microsoft -> Windows -> TerminalServices and RemoteDesktopServices

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

pátek 4. října 2019 8:38
    Moderátor