none
The menu issue with windows server 2016 RRS feed

• Dotaz

• Hello!

Status

I installed one software with the adminsitrator with AD Domain.

After installing it,  I can see the shortcut in the menu with the administrator of localhost.

However, I can NOT see the shortcut in the menu with the administrator of AD Domain.

I searched the answer that the service of windows search is stopped by default in windows server 2016.

the users do NOT agree to start this service.

So I copy the shortcut to c:\user\AD administrator\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs

and reboot the server. 

At this time, I can see the shortcut in the menu when I login the server with the administrator of AD domain.

But, I can NOT see the shortcut in the menu.

If the service of windows search is stopped, how can I copy the shortcut to see the shortcut in the menu with the administrator of AD domain.

thank you !

středa 20. listopadu 2019 1:15

Všechny reakce

• Hello,

Sorry for late reply.

What about copy the shortcut under the following path?

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs

This location is for all users

Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

pondělí 25. listopadu 2019 8:54
  • Thank you for your reply.

I have tried this method, however, it does NOT work.

If the shortcuts are already in "C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs", one or two users can NOT click the shoutcuts, what is the problem with start menu?

thank you!

Best Regards,

william

čtvrtek 28. listopadu 2019 4:26
  • Very strange, you may need to re-register start menu for test.

In the administrative Windows PowerShell window, carefully type the following command and hit Enter key:

Get-appxpackage -all *shellexperience* -packagetype bundle |% {add-appxpackage -register -disabledevelopmentmode ($_.installlocation + “\appxmetadata\appxbundlemanifest.xml”)}

On the other hand, besides common start menu, we have a public desktop, paste your shortcut into the following pat as a workaround.

C:\Users\Public\Desktop

Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

středa 4. prosince 2019 7:54