none
Error code 0x800704cf using VPN RRS feed

• Dotaz

• Hey guys,

I'm using Windows 10 ver 1703 and a VPN software.

Everything works like browsing the new using a web browser except apps installed via Windows Store that requires a login like Xbox App, Windows 10 Xbox Games, Groove, Feedback app, including the Store app etc. I always get an error like this.

"You'll need the internet for this

It doesn't look like you're connected to the internet. Please check your connection and try again.

0x800704cf

The network location cannot be reached. For more information about network troubleshooting, see Windows help."

I'm using a wireless broadband as my source of connection. Here's what I can see under Network Connections. I tried searching the web for any fix but unable to find one. Is there anyone that can help or a hotfix for this? Thanks!

• Upravený Raymond Ruiz pátek 2. června 2017 15:14 formatting
    pátek 2. června 2017 15:13

Všechny reakce

• Well try resetting the Store see if that does help. Start > Settings > Apps. Scroll down on the right to Store, click Store to select it, then Advanced options. Click Reset see if that helps.

Beyond that feature updates on Windows 10 often affect VPN software. Is there a recent update post 1703 release of the VPN software and are you using that?

pátek 2. června 2017 20:50
  • Hello,

See if steps mentioned here helps you:

https://www.kapilarya.com/error-0x800704cf-the-network-location-cant-be-reached

Hope this helps, Good luck :)

Microsoft MVP (Windows and Devices for IT)

Windows Insider MVP

Windows Help & Support [www.kapilarya.com]

sobota 3. června 2017 3:01
  • Well try resetting the Store see if that does help. Start > Settings > Apps. Scroll down on the right to Store, click Store to select it, then Advanced options. Click Reset see if that helps.

Beyond that feature updates on Windows 10 often affect VPN software. Is there a recent update post 1703 release of the VPN software and are you using that?

Reset option did not work. I am still getting the same message.

No update from release of the VPN software that I am using. I am getting this error prior to updating 1703.

sobota 3. června 2017 9:52
  • I tried both but it did't work. 

For fix 2, I created SMBDeviceEnabled and set value to 1 but still getting the same error when trying to sign in on any Windows 10 apps from Windows Store.

sobota 3. června 2017 9:54
  • Ok so this error happened before the update. So perhaps create a new account to test to see if Store works in the new account. That will tell you if it is an account issue or more underlying problem.

If it does not work in a new account then can you try with the VPN software uninstall (so completely removed)? That a clean boot to see if it works in a clean boot.

• Upravený -Mr Happy- sobota 3. června 2017 16:31
    sobota 3. června 2017 16:31
  • Hiya.

Was this ever resolved?  I have the same issue whenever I use VPN.

Windows 10 Pro, version 1803, OS build 17134.228.

Cheers.

sobota 25. srpna 2018 22:55
  • I am also having this issue and have tried everything. Did anyone ever solve this?

pondělí 27. srpna 2018 2:34
  • Engineer Raymond, 

Using the windows 10 pro

nowhere found the path you saying here?

" Start > Settings > Apps. Scroll down on the right to Store, click Store to select it, then Advanced options. Click Reset see if that helps."

Sincerely 

úterý 23. října 2018 0:29
  • there is no way to fix this error when my vpn connected

i must to connect my vpn ......so i cant connect to xbox?

plz help me

thanks

čtvrtek 1. srpna 2019 18:49
  • This worked for me 

Go to: Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network Connections

Right-click the TAP network device for your VPN.
    Go to properties.
    Click Configure.
    click the Advanced tab

Select "Media Status"
    Change Value to "Always connected"
    Click ok.

Right-click the TAP network device for your VPN again.
    Go to properties.
    Click "internet services version 4 (TCP/IPv4)"
    Click Properties.
    Click Advanced.
    Tick the "Automatic Metric" boxClick ok.

Click ok.
    Click Close.

• Navržen jako odpověď Proxieing sobota 21. září 2019 22:38
    středa 28. srpna 2019 9:01
  • This one absolutley worked for me, I was using NordVPN and everything works fine now. Thanks!
    sobota 21. září 2019 22:38
  •             Windows 10 pro over two years updated from  afterward caught this error on devices.
    Don't feel vpn is mainly related this , because IPv4. v6 property of VPN enabled "connected always , and media metric" , only my vpn unsupporting v6 during .

#1  NetBT  parameter router , bind etc...., all with Device IPv6
                     - IPv6 PC fetched local layer v6, isp supporting partial client but ::1 auto to its DDNS v6 first WAN.full.v6 128 ip ?
                     - SMBDeviceEnable 64bit why not existing as the capture , of course added , thank you advise
                     - changed motherboard Computer having domainated IPv6 of ISP as Mutliple networks existing at Dhcpv6DUID interface and IPv4 interface two mac.ethernets?  Unable following rcf3315 _ no. 9 even to Microsoft case tracking unsolved ?!

The decade windows experiences, feeling every solution from Microsoft , or ISP after later  anti-virus and pc-doctor , gradually preferring to comprising strict protocol policies , "compositely to overcome giving solutions to cover manually methodical front the clients to the Global networks  " ?!

Most would not go first enter IPv6 at Microsoft 's 6to4 server pseudo times … ?  That clients most of , inside circles "protected , or victims any " would be mangled between in the shared NetBT status. .

#2 Microsoft at wifi enforced into windows files and print  sharing ,
                             -  once in routerring service not in wifi without wifi devices (most of this time , wifi device having higher speed than the wire-router),  short coming to IPv6 , and file shared … you losing update of windows ?

- There is none called Store /App inside the windows 10 pro, there is Only allow Store App setting needed, version or store faking although used Microsoft or OEM engineers'  links advised ?

- Could not identify location network/Internet caused by cmd "netplwiz" modified to Local Username or Network Sharing on IPv4 yet getting Wan Port IPv6 losing to ISP, Router, or Intruders ?

Sincerely

SMBDeviceEnabled

• Upravený BleuOisou pondělí 23. září 2019 2:51
    pondělí 23. září 2019 2:45