How to configure radius authenication for switchs RRS feed

• Dotaz

• Hi, running Windows Server 2016 and trying to configure Microsoft NPS to authenticate all of the network equipment we have in production. Here are the following steps I have completed...

- Created the radius client "1 Test Switch"

- Created the connection request policies

- Created the Network policies

I am able to successfully authenticate against NPS if I use my user name in the Connection Request Policies so I know the configuration is correct on my test switch but if I add another users name in the Connection request policies then I can no longer login nor can the person I added. If I take the other name back out then I can login again.

What am I missing here?

How does everyone else setup NPS to authenticate network equipment?

pondělí 15. června 2020 18:28

Všechny reakce

• Hi,

Please make sure that other accounts have the same authority with your own account to pass the radius verification.

Here's official link for reference:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server/networking/technologies/nps/nps-crp-crpolicies

Hope this can help you.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

úterý 16. června 2020 4:06
  • Hi ,

Just want to confirm the current situations.

Please feel free to let us know if you need further assistance.                   

Best Regards,

Cherry

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

čtvrtek 18. června 2020 4:38
  • Hi,

Just checking in to see if the information provided was helpful. Please let us know if you would like further assistance.

Best Regards,

Cherry

pondělí 22. června 2020 2:41
  • Hi,

As this thread has been quiet for a while, we will propose it as ‘Answered’ as the information provided should be helpful.

If you need further help, please feel free to reply this post directly so we will be notified to follow it up. You can also choose to unmark the answer as you wish.

Best regards,
    Cherry

úterý 23. června 2020 1:31