none
Add printer can not find printer via tcp/ip RRS feed

• Dotaz

• Problem: go to control panel - printers and devices. Click Add a printer. Select the printer that I want isn't listed. Add a local or network printer as admin. Add printer using tcp/ip. Enter IP address of printer. Next "contacting printer", "detecting tcp/ip port". "Additional port info required".....wrong!

I have done this on this server many many times. normally it finds the printer and installs the correct driver. This printer is on the same subnet as the server and the server can ping it just fine. I have three other printers the same make and model already installed. This printer was working but on occasion, the server seems to lose track and the normal fix was remove/reinstall. 

I went to the server print management in the management console found an error "removing printer" shown for this printer. I deleted said printer from print management and restarted the print spooler......did not help.

Am having this same problem on a printer of the same type on another subnet. Can ping it fine as well.

This all used to work just fine...now what? 

čtvrtek 14. listopadu 2019 18:14

Odpovědi

Všechny reakce

• Might check for updates from the printer manufacturer. Also try asking experts in dedicated forum over here.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?forum=winserverprint

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

čtvrtek 14. listopadu 2019 19:27
  • I have dl the most resent drivers but no matter, if winders never gets to that point. All I get is "generic port" dialog. Even if I push through that and give it the correct driver. It errors out and shows a grey icon

pátek 15. listopadu 2019 4:28
  • copied post to that other forum

pátek 15. listopadu 2019 4:35
  • Sounds good.

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

pátek 15. listopadu 2019 4:48
  • HI
    "I have three other printers the same make and model already installed."
    1 did you mean there have been 3 the same model printers installed on this printer server ,but only one printer have the problem?
      are all 3 the same model printers in the same network segment as the printer server ?
    "Am having this same problem on a printer of the same type on another subnet. "
    2 do you mean you have the model printer install on printer server and it is in another network segment,but it can work?
    3 when you add the problematical printer ,is there any log about your issue ?
    event viewer\windows logs\
    application
    system
    event viewer\windows logs\applications and services logs\microsoft\windows\printservice
    event viewer\windows logs\applications and services logs\microsoft\windows\termininalservice-printers
    4 if restart power of the problematical printer ,will the problem persist ?
    5 can you enter winver in command prompt on printer server and look the os version and os version number ?
    6 what's the issue printers model ?
    7 are both the normal printer and issue printer have the same Firmware version ?
    8 if you try to change 
    cat 6 ethernet cable and change another switch port to connect problematical printer ,will the problem persist ?

Best Regards
    Andy YOU
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

pátek 15. listopadu 2019 7:58
  • HI
    Is there any progress on your question?

Best Regards
    Andy YOU
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

středa 20. listopadu 2019 1:31
  • HI
    thanks for your reply.

Best Regards
    Andy YOU

• Označen jako odpověď Keshka úterý 26. listopadu 2019 17:26
    úterý 26. listopadu 2019 10:37