none
SMB 1.0/CIFS File Sharing Support not listed in Windows Features (Win 7) RRS feed

• Dotaz

• I have been having problems connecting to my NAS. All discussions I have read say to turn on SMB 1.0/CIFS File Sharing Support. This feature is not listed in my Win 7 Windows Features. My Win 10 PCs do list this feature and is checked. They can connect to my NAS. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.
    úterý 7. února 2017 2:12

Všechny reakce

• Hi John J Allen Jr,

We could enable SMB 1.0/CIFS File Sharing Support to access the NAS. You can do this via local security policy. But this need admin privilege to complete the job. Please refer to the link below about how to enable and disable SMBv1, SMBv2, and SMBv3 in Windows

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/2696547/how-to-enable-and-disable-smbv1,-smbv2,-and-smbv3-in-windows-vista,-windows-server-2008,-windows-7,-windows-server-2008-r2,-windows-8,-and-windows-server-2012

Hope it will be helpful to you.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

středa 8. února 2017 2:43
    Moderátor
  • Hi John J Aleen Jr,

Haven't received your message a few days, was your issue resolved?
    I am proposing previous helpful replies as "Answered". Please feel free to try it and let me know the result. If the reply is helpful, please remember to mark it as answer which can help other community members who have same questions and find the helpful reply quickly.
    Best regards,
    Carl

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

pátek 17. února 2017 8:52
    Moderátor
  • Hi,

Any update?

středa 22. února 2017 8:33
    Moderátor
  • I have been having problems connecting to my NAS. All discussions I have read say to turn on SMB 1.0/CIFS File Sharing Support. This feature is not listed in my Win 7 Windows Features. My Win 10 PCs do list this feature and is checked. They can connect to my NAS. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

I have the same problem with OP.

Using Win7 Home Premium no feature is listed related to SMB 1.0/CIFS on Windows Features dialog, or DISM / Powershell / CMD get-features command.

What can be the problem?

Best regards, Saygılarımla, Onur Güzel

"Bildiğim tek şey aslında hiçbirşey bilmediğimdir."

sobota 13. května 2017 15:25
  • Carl,

Not sure if John figured this out, but you didn't really answer the question.  I have the same issue.  The SMB feature isn't listed as a feature to enable or disable.  You seem to be pointing to the easy answer of how to enable the feature.  Since it's not even listed, I don't believe it's even installed.  So how does one go about 'repairing' windows 7 to get this feature to get listed?  Then after that, it's a simple matter to check a box to enable it.

Thanks for any help you can offer.  I have a table which got a bad virus on it.  AVG fixed something and got it going again, but it hasn't worked quite right ever since.

Jimmy

pátek 1. června 2018 3:53
  • I have Windows 7 64 bit Ultimate & should note that even When SMBv1.0 was enabled, neither it, or SMB Direct showed up programs and features, so they were NEVER for me there to begin with, unless this was an installation glitch.

SMBv2 only shows as being enabled via cmd or in the registry, so I'm assuming that SMBv.1.0/CIFS File Sharing Support & SMB Direct were the only physical features in programs and features available to be checked/unchecked across Windows OS's 7-10, until the Windows 10 Fall Creators update removed it.

neděle 19. srpna 2018 22:25
  • Hi Carl, thanks for offering this advice, but I think that John did not answer because it did not help.

I have a very similar problem, had updated from WIN7 to WIN10 on my 2 laptops, then upgraded the main laptop to Win10 pro. This is the one that is not visible in the LAN and neither shows any other LAN device. I have followed all advice I found, reestablished the controllers, enabled missing services and whatever, to no avail. These measures helped me apparently to fix the second laptop which now shows at least itself present in its own NETWORK folder and it shows the existence of the other one but cannot show neither files nor folders nor the printer which is connected to the main laptop. When I run the diagnosis I get a message like "the computer or device does not accept the connection - the computer or device is not configured to accept connections at the port 'share files and printers (SMB)'" 

But in the main pc the only feature shown in the menu is plain "SMB" and it is already active. There is no 'SMB 1.0/CIFS File Sharing Support ' that could be activated. Anyway it seems that this feature has been officially disabled, so what can be done when the pc does not accept these connections?

• Upravený Volker2017 sobota 27. října 2018 22:21
    sobota 27. října 2018 22:19
  • Exactly. I've grown so "fond" of people who're often either unable to provide help, or have something similar to Asperger's -- where they lack 'high-functioning theory of mind' sufficient to understand what it means to not know something. 

Others think you don't know how to use a search engine; and repost the first entry on google as if it's hard to pickout a few keywords, cut & paste like they're a freaking hero. 

Pro-Tip: If you're going to be that kind of an a-hole, at least use LMGTFY and hope that it's not old news to the person. 

I have the same problem as you do -- there's no reference to it in Win7 ... and Win10 is such a sh*tty OS that MS had to go out of their way to make it difficult to use 8th & 9th Gen HW with Win7.  I wonder why Apple doesn't have that problem..? Nor are their users wasting massive portions of their lives dealing with viruses/adware/and driver-hunts.  

SERIOUSLY; this crap that they'll just rape your computer and impose updates regardless of how much harm they do by restarting in the middle of what I'm doing !? Or deleting a file bc they believe it's 'malicious' -- but can't be bothered to provide a simultaneous pop-up saying, "We've quarantined the file "......" -- if you need this file and know it to be safe, Click Here to restore it. No. It just vanishes for you to figure out where the US collection of Asperger's in Redmond WA think is funny or obvious. 

HA! Equally retarded ? Some nitwit tells me the problem with me disliking Win 10 is bc I'm 'ignorant / stupid'. I see ... fix 15,000 Macs over 10 years ... and if I don't love the fact that MS idea of "better" is progressively complicated ... then the problem is me? May I PLEASE shove the food that makes him gag down HIS throat? And tell him it's his idiocy that he doesn't just force his brain to love the taste? Millions of flies eat sh*t -- how can they be wrong!

Good luck to you Volker ... hopefully you encounter someone with knowledge, the means to explain it and the grasp that others don't magically receive the information they have. 

• Upravený TrHW sobota 14. září 2019 22:33
    sobota 14. září 2019 22:31