none
the only valid load balancing algorithms in a virtual machine are transport RRS feed

• Dotaz

• i am trying to create teaming at a 2019 std server in my virtual lab, but am getting this error when adding 2 nics into the first team:

the only valid load balancing algorithms in a virtual machine are transport

anyone who knows why this happens and how to solve this?

I got this working by chosing switch independent and address hash, but all the other options give me that error.

pondělí 13. dubna 2020 11:23

Odpovědi

• Hi ,

>>I got this working by chosing switch independent and address hash, but all the other options give me that error.

Switch Independent is the only supported teaming mode when you implement NIC teaming in a virtual machine. You cannot use Static Teaming or LACP as a teaming mode for teamed virtual network adapters.

Address Hash is the only supported load balancing mode when you implement NIC teaming in a virtual machine. You cannot use Hyper-V Port as a load balancing mode for teamed virtual network adapters.

Based on my research,the only Teaming Mode supported for VMs is 'SwitchIndependent' and 'Address Hash'.

For more details, you could refer to the following article:

Windows NIC Teaming using PowerShell (Part 7)

Please Note: Since the web site is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Hope this can help you.

Best Regards,

Candy

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com   

úterý 14. dubna 2020 7:21
    Moderátor

Všechny reakce

• Hi ,

>>I got this working by chosing switch independent and address hash, but all the other options give me that error.

Switch Independent is the only supported teaming mode when you implement NIC teaming in a virtual machine. You cannot use Static Teaming or LACP as a teaming mode for teamed virtual network adapters.

Address Hash is the only supported load balancing mode when you implement NIC teaming in a virtual machine. You cannot use Hyper-V Port as a load balancing mode for teamed virtual network adapters.

Based on my research,the only Teaming Mode supported for VMs is 'SwitchIndependent' and 'Address Hash'.

For more details, you could refer to the following article:

Windows NIC Teaming using PowerShell (Part 7)

Please Note: Since the web site is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Hope this can help you.

Best Regards,

Candy

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com   

úterý 14. dubna 2020 7:21
    Moderátor
  • thank you for the explanation
    úterý 14. dubna 2020 14:24